rFactor 2 still running after quit

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Bart S, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

So I notice now I used to have this problem where rFactor 2 kept running when I quit the game, I've had steam update oculus update and rfactor update, the problem is now I cant see rfactor in my task manger processes when it quits but i know it still running a thread or something because when I restart rFactor from a league website link steam splutters and says " rfactor is still running you cant update, or something like that".
    S397 you dudes are not killing threads,events or handles properly. Please fix this I have to restart my PC abecause I cant find the process anymore, I used to see rFactor in the task manger after I quit still running. Now I dont see it but my experience in C++ tels me you have a strait thread somewhere or a hande that isnt closed

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Bart S If you google this I think you'll see this happens with a lot of games. Restarting steam should fix it.

3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Yeah. It’s the only sim I have this problem with but it only happens with VR for me. I’m just used to manually killing it.

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I had this problem for the first last night.
    I couldn't close steam cause it kept saying I needed to close rfactor2. I used task manager to shut down steam.
    After restarting steam the error was still there. The only way I could rfactor2 was to reboot the pc.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I've seen others have this problem with Logitech wheels (I had it once when I had my G25)..needed to close the Logitech profiler before steam would recognise that rF2 was not running.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As posted elsewhere I've noticed I have to close SteamVR and then RFactor2 returns to normal, this is new in the past week and SteamVR has had a lot of mini updates during this period, so I'm betting this a SteamVR issue. If it's happening for non VR users then maybe it is an Rfactor2 issue though of course!

7. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks for the input guys. I will try a few things but if I have to restart my pc to clear this problem its a big fail. S397 loving your work of recent, your really sorting our rFactor performance great, car choices are great, Sebring it f*@kin excellent just a tiny choppy day to night transition. Please please no matter what it takes laser scan the full nordschleife so we can have the ultimate 24hr I will buy it every day for a year.