Rfactor 2 Replays are always stuck in slow motion

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by djdel002, Apr 28, 2018.

1. tyressin

tyressin Registered

Rfactor2 does not use PhysX, so having it on auto, gpu or cpu changes nothing. Its more likely the problem hasn't yet manifested again in your case.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok. Thanks for the info. But it's really strange. I can reproduce this effect when switching between the physX configurations.

3. fab06

fab06 Registered

for me it's not the track but the Cars i choose for the session .. it's only with some cars (on the same tracks) replay are in slowmo ..

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Rfactor 2 just honor its best modder
    ty :)

tyressin likes this.
  5. Rui

Rui Registered

Hi
    I solved this problem by turning off the night light from windows.

regards

6. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I have never had night light switched on and I still get the slow motion effect on some tracks, so I don't think that's the cure. If it worked for you that's good but try more tracks to see whether it's a permanent solution. Try Castle Combe and the Enduracers Mod, this combo is always in slow motion for me. Good luck.

7. Rui

Rui Registered

Hi
    I just do 3 laps in Castle Combe with a p2 of the Enduracers mod and replay is at the correct speed.
    With 20 cars on track and everything on max.
    GTX 1070ti
    Only happens when i forget night lights on Windows.
    Regards

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  8. Rui

Rui Registered

I must to say that whenever I play rFactor2 I have to see in "video settings" if the graphics card is correct, because it is not always.
    Sometimes it changes alone to "auto",and i have to change it.

9. stonec

stonec Member

That setting is not relevant. If it really would use your iGPU, you would only get 10% of your normal FPS.

10. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I just got this bug, funny how it's still not fixed.

11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I'm having the exact same issue, but from what I can see it's something maxxing out the CPU. If you press CTRL+C you can watch the CPU bar get maxxed in replays.

Sometimes it seems to be track related, for example - At Riverside replays always run in slow motion with the CPU bar completely maxed out, even if I run alone with no AI. So maybe the track is poorly optimised?

But recently I found that some settings in my HDV file for a car I made were affecting only the replays. I discussed this with @Marcel Offermans and we both initially thought that the physics files weren't used in replays. But I changed the HDV file and it fixed the issue. So that would imply that it's car related also, and even more weirdly, that the physics files are being used in some way for the replays.

I now think it's not necessarily car or track related, but some other bug within the core of the game which is causing the excessive CPU usage during the replays in some situations. It might even be related to the freezing/stuttering some are experiencing in real time.

This can be easily replicated, so 'should' be relatively easy for the devs to diagnose.

jayarrbee36 and Marisa like this.