rFactor 2 Player Profiles

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mangoletsi, May 2, 2015.

1. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

Hi,

Just purchased rFactor 2,

In rFactor 1, I had two profiles.

The first/primary profile had was setup for racing online, with lower graphics settings. This was because of car crashes causing drops in fps as it modelled the debris. When I had drops in fps, the controller inputs would be delayed. Some my fix was to lower the detail settings, so I had a buffer.

The second profile, was for making video highlights, so all the graphics details were set to maximum.

How do I create a second profile like in rFactor 1 please.

2. DocJones

DocJones Registered

• Copy and paste your 'player' folder from and to rFactor2\UserData\
    • Rename the folder to whatever you want your 2nd profile called as
    • Do the same with the 'player.json' inside the folder you just renamed. Make sure to use the exact same name you picked for the folder name. (Keeping the .json extension of course.)
    • In rF2 launcher, go to the settings tab (the one with the cog as an icon).
      In the middle, you'll find 'single player', 'multi player', 'developer' and 'dedicated server' tabs. The input box below is to add parameters that are used when starting the sim. To give an example, '+fullproc' is a parameter probably most of us are familiar with from rF1. That's what this box is for. Notice that when using a parameter, it only applies to the type ('single player, 'multi player', ...) that is highlighted when putting it in the box. Now what we'll do with it is start our 2nd profile using this parameter: +profile="name_of_your_profile" (with the quotation marks!)
      You can use the 'save' button on the very right so you don't have to put in the parameter every time you start the sim.
    • Once in the sim, change whatever settings you want to change. These changes will only apply to the profile that you started using above parameter.
    • In case you want to use your standart 'player' profile again, just delete the parameter before starting the sim. (Don't hit the save button so next time you'll start the launcher the parameter is still present.)

3. Mangoletsi

Mangoletsi Registered

Thanks for the reply,

I've been experimenting with rFactor 2 over the past 7 days. I figured out i could copy and paste the USERDATA folder to the DESKTOP. I could then start rFactor 2 normally, and max out all the graphic settings, record the footage with FRAPS. After I've finished, just cut and paste the USERDATA folder from the DESKTOP, back into the DOCUMENTS/RFACTOR2 folder.

Thank You for replying though

;)

4. Digas

Digas Registered

Change Names in this dir in steam{rfactor 2
    player.JSON

5. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I am new to PC gaming and rfactor 2. Where do I go to find my player profile? And where do I type it in? Do I search the PC, or steam because that's where I downloaded rfactor 2 from? What exactly do I type in? Any help will be appreciated highly. Thanks in advance

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Once installed, everything you need to run rF2 is on your computer. The player profile is in your Documents folder. Really, though, all you need to do is launch rFactor 2 and it will do the rest.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The profile you should find in ../rfactor2/UserData/Player/player.JSON. For search just use player.JSON