Rfactor 2 physics info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sim_Player, Aug 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

I got nice info from Marcel Offermans regarding physics , I think it is overall positive news. Just wanted to share it with community.

IMG_0110.jpg

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, as expected they are divided between more then one project. At least it's the same engine and they can take advantage of that by applying those new developments. The question is how much of a simulation this new Nascar and other upcoming titles are supposed to be that those developments are good enough to migrate to RF2.

It's good to finally hear they are working on adapting the new knowledge to other cars!

Sim_Player likes this.
  3. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I know the question was about physics, but maybe he wasn't nessesarily talking about physics. I wonder, what would be a must have upgrade of the current engine to make it suitable for a mainstream title? I would say improving AI is a MUST do, and maybe physics wise aero improvements would be a priority. But, who knows! Definitely good to hear that more cars might be updated with the new tire data.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Really looking forward to the NASCAR title.

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This is what I said to @Sim_Player as well when we were chatting about this. This kind of bumped my expectations higher of NASCAR. If features are adding to rF2 as well, they must be good and realistic enough for Marcel to consider

atomed and Love Guitars n Cars like this.
  6. TheMenace

TheMenace Registered

7. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I would say, AI development, improvements to the rule system and on the physics side stuff like wind would come in very handy in a mainstream game and could be used in a sim as well.

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

AI, Aero, and damage/collisions. If those things arn't working well I can't see how a game like that can work. Rubbing's racing. That trailer looks awesome, but those crashes were not in game footage (I don't think so anyway).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Why not, anything to go on, or just a wild guess? These are just clips that are seen for less than half a second at a time. I watched them in slow motion either, and can't see anything obvious that looks much different to how rF2's contact model works. The only difference I spotted was this;
    upload_2021-8-12_6-8-29.png
    A deformed bonnet :D

10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

They didn't look like in game footage to me, nothing more. It looked too good. Having another look I guess it may well be in game footage, in which case wow it looks great.

11. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

that is unreal engine for you

green serpent likes this.
  12. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Game studios hype their destructible enviroments all the time only to then take them out of the final game.
    I wont fall for any hype until I see a gameplay video with this level of realism:

13. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

NASCAR 21 is $68.99CDN on release in October. I think I'll wait for the Steam Christmas sale.

14. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

A NASCAR game and Canadian Dollars in the same sentence brought back memories of when I purchased NASCAR Thunder 2004 from a store in Canada while on holiday. It was in either Montreal, Ottawa or Quebec City and it cost me $24.99CDN + 20% tax of my holiday money.

Love Guitars n Cars and pkelly like this.
  15. SharD

SharD Registered

A better AI, AI race strategies and a better damage model, really.

16. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Better damage model sounds like music in my ears

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  17. Sim_Player

Sim_Player Registered

Thought of damage model from
    nascar game came to my mind as well, since nascar is so much contact sports. But then i hope they don't stop there with damage model,
    I want floor damage, tyre damage etc so driving and setup both needs to be careful.

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  18. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

Woah woah s397 is doing physics for a NASCAR game?? This is great news!! I don't know if any of you have played the Nascar games from 704 any since 2016, but the physics is nothing compared to what is in rf2. I don't know anything about this 21 game but, If the physics are anything like it is in rf2, I might be tempted to buy it just because of that. A huge improvement from previous years. Idk if this is the right thread to say this but yeah.