rfactor 2 on steam

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by alvaritoteam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam Registered

can be possible?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

its possible to use the search function on these forums :p

3. pas74

pas74 Registered

Rf2 on steam (the land of very arcade games)? Please noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9500 con Tapatalk 2

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes search for phrase: Steaming pile of ..... lol

You make this Steam bye !

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'd love to see rF2 on Steam! It wouldn't change the game itself but more people would have access to it and more drivers would be online. Plus Steam Workshop. But I don't think ISI wants Valve to get a cut- Steam ain't free.

6. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Hopefully not!

I don't see how more people should have access during steam. All people who would like to use rf2 could this easily without the need of steam!
    Quite the contrary could the need of steam discourage some potential users.

7. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

I hope they will consider, especially since the competition is already available on Steam. It would make this game way more enjoyable and with the integration of auto updates and steam workshop I could finally spend more time on the track instead of searching for mods, installing them, install more requirements and reinstall everything after a client update... Even if the Steam version is simply optional so all those steam haters don't have to use it I would buy it a second time on Steam.

8. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Please noooooo! Steam is the last .....

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Steam has its purpose and uses, Its handy for finding my online buddies and what game they are in etc.
    Its a great laugh when I close another future racing "sim" to find I have just achieved a "crash" or a ''drift" in steam achievements ;)
    Please ISI don't put rF2 on Steam... Leave it for the Hype titles and the arcade stuff. :rolleyes:

10. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

It is foolish to ignore Steam user base.

11. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Registered

12. RJames

RJames Registered

Interesting to see so many people against Steam when in reality it's a great distribution platform. Judging Steam by some arcade titles is a little silly.

I guess there is pro's and con's to such a service but in reality the publicity and sales it should generate would out weight any negatives. I'm sure many would agree that they would like to see more income to ISI to be able to expand the team, build quicker updates, better features and more licences. In fact it's mentioned a lot in these forums about build speed etc.

What's really needed is a customer base boost, and with AC now on the market my opinion is that now more than ever rF2 needs that kind of publicity and sales. I'm a true rF2 fan, always was of rF1 also but I do worry about the pace of the product vs number of people that are willing to hang around. Not knocking ISI in any way as they do a brilliant job for a small team.

I think the 2 roads are; be the favorite of a few or liked by many. I'd like the many option as it would allow more racing opportunity's more income to ISI and more features, faster.

All my own opinion of course. :)

Just this point:
    How about all the people who have never heard of rFactor, new users just getting into Racing etc. Just because we know about it doesn't mean everyone does. Steams userbase is millions of people. How many rFactor adverts do you see on other websites? I only come across rFactor many many moons ago because I saw it on the shelf of a game store, now day's for rF2 that does not happen.

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Btw, I just bought AC from Steam holiday sale. 26 euros, it was a bargain.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I remember last year when Steam decided to change something in Race 07, without telling the Community or Developer. I can't remember the exact specifics but I sure remember losing 20 gig of add on content and League races getting cancelled etc as mods and tracks just disappeared overnight. It caused uproar for days.

15. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

And R07 is asking to be updated yet again, I have given up playing it thanks to Steam, on saying that I am not anti steam, and the idea of rF2 running under their new os aimed directly at gaming is tempting. I would love to kick windows off my race rig...

16. Booitz

Booitz Registered

No steam!!!!

17. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Rf2 dont need steam for nothing.

Sent from Santas truck with no Wifi but with running reindeer

18. rer8

rer8 Registered

Steam is essential for manufacturing, refineries, and cleaning my engine compartment... no requirement for rFactor 2, nor do I have any desire to see it implemented for this product... good for WOW, but not for dedicated race sim enthusiast. 10,000 times no!

19. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

rFactor 2 on Steam.

If you mean this:

Sounds kinda cool (or should I say 'steamy') to me.

If you mean this:

I could take it or leave it. Would rather leave it tough.

20. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Oh yea and maybe get Starforce protection too...