rFactor 2 no remote update found Windows XP

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mikeyk1985, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

As stated in the title, put the update in the updates folder, ran rFactor 2 and it says that no updates are available to install. Running Windows XP which I have had ALOT of problems with, which leads me to believe that none of the dev team have actually tested on this OS? Reluctant to do a complete re-install as it's a pain in the you know what.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Im on XP and it sems to work ok for me. There won't be a 'remote' update but it should find your local update.

I assume on your update tab it says Current Build: 85 and when you click 'Query' it should check for updates and find your local update file you put in the 'update' folder.

Where did you get the update file from, torrent or download, it's possible you have a corrupt file.

3. id0815

id0815 Registered

I'm on XP as well and I have also no updates. The rFactor2 software told me that I'm up to date (see screenshot).
    View attachment 2854

Edit: After I download the update manually and put it into the rFactor-update folder it works by pressing the 'Automatic-Update'-button.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Interesting, thanks for responses. I have since gone back to Windows 7 as XP has very little support all across the board nowadays. Shame because it ran rFactor 2 extremely well performance wise. I ended up doing a full install to get it to work on my machine. Everything was default folders, manual update installer was sat in the updates folder as I already said, clicked update and no updates found.

Edit: Looking at id0815's screnshot jogged my memory than I had to be logged in to play multiplayer in order to update I think? That's a really dumb system as people who don't play online can easily forget this has to be the case.