rFactor 2 multiplayer vs Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam C, Jul 12, 2015.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Adam, I have all sims but nowadays I only race R3E Raceroom Experience....there is almost always some race going on as it's based on pick up races. Standard of drivers is high most of the time. Love this sim and they have a demo too if you would like to try it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2. Adam C

Adam C Registered

Cheers B1K3R! I was not familiar with that game until now. I've heard the title mentioned before, but never looked it up. It sounds promising.

3. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

R3E has been a bit of a surprise tbh. It was an absolute turd for the longest time, with an impenetrable menu system that made it impossible to figure out what the hell was going on. Now it's bloody brilliant tbh. The cars are great, the sounds really recreate the shaking rattling hot mess that a race car really is, and the AI is actually fun to race against (shock horror). It's free to play but you purchase content, but you can try cars out free which is a nice change vs iRacing, and the tracks are pretty damn good both in variety and quality (not quite RF2 standard but good enough to have some fun on).

Tbh it may well be a good place to run some races and it won't cost you an enormous amount to try it out. You then have a demo of RF2 (btw they have a pretty generous refund policy if you want to try the full thing out), Assetto Corsa and R3E to try out, 3 of the big 5 racing games will be yours to compare. See which one you like best. RF2 is the most realistic, but involves faff and tbh not everyone wants that. Try all the options and figure out what you're looking for, RF2 will be waiting for you if you want to drive it, as will iRacing (btw there's a 3 months for a fiver deal if you want to try that, just use the code PR-RENAULT when signing up - don't sign up via Steam as that's expensive) and all the other sims. Take your time, immerse yourself in the world of sim racing and see where it leads you.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Hi coops, try Online Racing Australasia
    We race rF2 and Assetto Corsa on Saturday nights.
    Very easy going admin and members having some fun.

As for the OP.
    I can only talk about leagues as that's the only racing I do.
    rfactor beats AC hands down.
    From admin options and control, netcode, all the way down to end user experience is superior in rFactor.

Everyone has their own opinion, each sim has it's pros and cons and the choice you make may be guided by others but ultimately is yours as you see fit. :cool:

5. Adam C

Adam C Registered

Thanks a lot. Especially for that campaign code. I've just purchased a 3 month iRacing license using that. 3 months should be enough to find out whether it's a keeper or not. And for 5 bucks I can't really complain even if it's not my cup of tea. Thanks again!

6. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Don't forget to turn auto-renewal off if you don't want any nasty surprises on your credit card (My Account on the menu bar). Hopefully you'll have fun there, remember that RF2 is always here for you if you want it. Btw Raceroom Racing Experience (R3E) is having a free weekend this weekend so you'll want to try that out too.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

No way. TWICE I'm outta town for the free weekend :(

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Is the promo code still valid (though tried it and didn't seem to work, now $30 for 3 months). I know this thread is quite old, but I was skimming through threads regarding rF2 MP as it's now at a 40% off discount rate, then saw the suggestion for iRacing.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Found this today, says it all :D

View attachment 18796

10. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

That picture can work for Project Cars too

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

What is your purpose this time, is it to insult ISI or community ?

12. Axe

Axe Registered

I feel it just fun :) not insulting anybody.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yep, but doesn`t matter, maybe he caught the wrong pills today :p

14. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I think it is conveying the message that one multiplayer community seems to be growing, the other is lagging by comparison. It isn't a 'this one is better than that one' comparison. I see it the same as I see things in the music and movie industries. Music and movies can be artistic successes and commercial failures and vice versa. So to now, with the abundance of racing titles that all have strengths and weaknesses (albeit real or perceived). A title can be a commercial success and not be as good in the physics/graphics/ease of use areas as another title which is stronger but may require more knowledge, patience, steep learning curve etc to enjoy. Which is why they can all be brought to market and serve a different population of users, with a fair amount of overlap - I own and dabble with all of them from time to time depending on my mood, if I want to run in a league, or if I just plain feel like firing up sim XX. Some don't have the luxury of affording all 4 or five titles so they need to find the one that best fits their circumstances. We make those decisions about products all the time (cars, toasters, brand name clothes or store brand) so this is no different in my eyes.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

@ White. I admit, it is part of a certain intelligence to understanding the joke... in short: AC offers just the nice pics, but there is nothing behind.

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

AC and pCars multiplayer is like a Muppet Show with loads of crash kids behaving like Animal from that show.

17. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Not sure tbh, try it and see? I'm not aware of any other codes. In terms of cheaping it out when/if you get there:
    - Buy content in packs of 3 or 6 for a discount (items are $12 or $15 each I think)
    - Twice a year they sell $100 of credits for $75 [existing members only]
    - Twice a year they do a year's membership for $49 [existing members only]
    - You can get $10 of credit each season by running in 8 weeks out of 12 in 2 series (but you'll need content to do this)
    - You get $5 back at the end of each continuous year of membership

It's still not cheap, but knowing the above will make it much less painful for your wallet.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Cheap ?

How you associate the word cheap with that !!

and you all called rF2 TOO DEAR

oh lordie :rolleyes:

19. bwana

bwana Registered

funny pic and with all art can be interpreted to suits the individuals perception, to me as an art collector(sim art) ;) it reads A C as all show and now substance and rf2 as a plant with a huge core and massive potential for growth when fed properly buy the owner to show itself off above ground. Like all plants they start below ground ,establish firm strong roots then flower on top , the more food the better bloom.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered