rFactor 2 Mclaren Edition cannot detect control input

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Matthew Gibbons, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Matthew Gibbons

Matthew Gibbons Registered

I have rFactor 2 (DX11 open beta) working fine with Vive Pro headset. I have assigned pedals, wheel and gear shifters in the controls options tab. After assigning these controls, I can see control inputs being detected whilst on the controls tab.

When I assign these controllers in the same way in rFactor 2 Mclaren Edition, it shows the buttons have been assigned but when I press the throttle or brake pedal these control inputs are not detected. Steering wheel input is not detected either.

This is very frustrating and appears that the DX11 beta release is more developed than the Mclaren Edition. Please advise.

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Did you press load and pick the Fanatec profile for your base?

3. Matthew Gibbons

Matthew Gibbons Registered

On the controls tab, it detected and loaded SimuCUBE. This loads fine on DX11 rFactor 2 but not on the Mclaren Edition

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should opt-out of all betas. All beta versions are old. There is no 'McLaren edition'.

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Lazza I think he's talking about the McLaren Edition of the Vive, costs an extra couple hundred bucks than the Vive Pro.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Goanna I don't think so mate, not from that first post anyway. Immediately mentions 'dx11 open beta' and his Vive Pro, then later says the rFactor 2 McLaren Edition doesn't work. Could be wrong of course :)

***Update***

Nevermind, I should have googled "rFactor 2 McLaren Edition" first. Disregard my earlier advice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019