rFactor 2 "Max" Build 998 Now Available (new demo)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 26, 2015.

1. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

I noticed that run at night is much better, much improved

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think the C6R had it's go in the demo a little while back.

3. rolandhaans

rolandhaans Registered

Same here. Just spend a long time driving various content after been away for a while, and placebo or not, it feels better than ever before.

I had read these comments of perceived improvements, but paid no particular attention when pulling out of the pits in the Howston for the first time. It was a genuine feeling of surprise and amazement, something along the lines of: "wow, were these cars so well controllable before?".

So, irrespective of what it is that might have changed and makes rf2 feel so good in its current state, a big thanks to ISI for giving me and others hours and hours of sheer enjoyment!

Gr.

Roland

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

4. unknwn

unknwn Registered

I agree, however with CPM update FFB/feeling changed quite a bit (especially low speeds gives more detailed and overall stronger FFB). Previously I didn't like this car at all because it felt like there isn't enough feedback on my consumer wheel which meant that I wasn't enjoying the car at all (it felt too slipery).

5. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

No matter how much you change the tire pressure, the mid temperature will be the same.. I spent a lot of time testing this.. even in Motec telemetry.. you can make a test by yourself too.. Pick a car, make a left or right turn with the lowest pressure and take the temperatures.. Then put the highest pressure and do that again.. The mid tyre temperature is always higher that the outer and inner..

I can post pictures too if you want..

View attachment 17852 This was taken after two laps entering and exiting the right turn.. Pay attention to left side tires temperature.. Tire pressure is 117 kpa (the lowest it can get)
    View attachment 17853 This was taken entering and exiting the same turn after two laps.. Tire pressure is 212 kpa (the highest it can get)

I'm not saying that i don't like Rfactor 2. I'm one of the biggest fans and it's a best simulator for me.. I'm just wondering why is this so weird that changing the pressure doesn't affect the temperatures and the car behaviour.. Before every race i'm tryning to make a car set up properly but with this pressure problem i can't get it done.. And you know that tires are most important factor

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Why your cambers are so low? Crazy :) Pressures change car's behaviour. You can see that with Karts the most.

7. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

Well, the optimal temperatures are when the inner temperature is 5-7 celsius hotter then the outer temperature of the tire and the mid temperature of the tire should be average of Inner and the Outer.. That's a basic of every car setup..

So it's should be (example) Inner = 98 Mid = 95 Outer = 92 (Celsious)

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

What? Since when. Where did you hear that. I can tell you that it's not true.

9. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

Why that would not be truth? lol

You never heard that every race car and tire needs a proper camber to have the most grip?

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Sure, just don't know why you believe you will achieve it by doing what you are doing.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That seems indeed utopian. I doupt hard that this is the case in reality!
    Whatched ever newer F1-broadcast with thermo-camera? You can guess the temp-difference there - and it´s a big one!
    What you popably mean is an old rF1-days-advice, one could read in some setup tutorial or such.
    If it ever was true, than these days are over with rF2 at least.

12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes thats right. And this is what most of the rf2 newcomers have to learn. Tiretemps from inner to outer can sometimes differ about 50°C while conering

13. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Indeed. In real life what you want is to have largest patch possible in most vital corners to achieve highest possible grip. Temps are just result of doing it. When you have camber that makes inside part of a tyre be the only piece of rubber touching the ground, even just by going straight at larger speed makes it way hotter than mid or outter part of the same tyre. So when you corner you already start from much higher temp at the inside part. You don't pursue temps. You pursue contact patch. When you get optimal contact patch you get optimal grip. Temps you can "regulate" by the pace you are going and style (the faster you try to go the more movement you create, that creates friction therefore higher temp), small adjustments to tyre pressures, toes, caster etc. Ofc you don't want to run underheated or which is worse overheated but chasing your (@romano2603) I=98, M=95, O=92 is a myth. Very popular myth. It's almost like the 3 seconds rule for food. If you pick it up after dropping before 3 seconds has passed your food won't be contaminated with germs. ;)

These camera's aren't mega accurate but they are giving more or less proper picture of what's going on. Enough for presentation purposes.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  14. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

I guees you are right.. But can somebody explain to me how will you setup your tires pressures and camber on track? what depends on that? and what temperatures are you aiming for?

Cause i'm really confused right now.. The tires were my favourite thing to setup right

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Depends... How knowledgeable are you and how well you can predict certain results due to changing settings here and there. I'm big fan of telemetry but over time I ended up using it less and less so. Why? It's like doing math. When you do enough calculation everyday as an exercise for your brain and do it for months, years, decades even you start to instinctively predict outcomes of many mathematical puzzles. Same with chemistry. After thousands chemical reactions you somewhat know what the outcome will be if you do that or that next time around.

Same with making a setup, reading telemetry. With time I ended up using telemetry ONLY as a fine tuning tool. When changes are so small that I can't really tell if it's for the better or worse just by feel.

Also getting familiar with the tool you are using, the car that you are driving. What it likes what it dislikes. Etc Then making a setup is more or less doing what you feel/know should help with the issue you're having.

Also very common mistakes that many people make: Make change one big or multiple changes in different areas - then if it's better or worse you won't be actually sure what caused it so back to square one, or as said change is too big. You go 3-4 clicks more or less on sth find it worse and go back without knowing that going only 1 click in the same direction would've helped but overdoing made the medicine, the poison.
    Another mistake done by many: Change sth do 1 hot lap and go back to garage judging it by only that 1 lap if it's improvement or not. ALWAYS make a longer stint. 5-6 laps MINIMUM with resonable pace so you can spot small details of handling only spotted when driving cleanly and fast enough but not over the limit. My stints to check the change are very often around 9-10 laps long, sometimes longer (up to 20-sth laps).
    Third mistake that I see almost everywhere. Sticking to some mythology like you did with the temps, or people from rF1 remembering that on mods that they were using they could slam the ride heights front and rear and it was cool and stick with it in rf2 and often creating road-planes. Rake with higher front, lower rear and act surprised when someone with higher ride heights and lower wings has more aero grip in corners. NEVER lock yourself within small box of "I know it all" taken from other sims. Experiment, try new things. Never be afraid to ask yourself "I wonder what will happen if I do that" and test the hell out of it. Use everything that you've learned that way in future.

So asking me how do I setup my pressures, cambers on track won't receive straight answer because there are way too many ways to skin a cat that giving you one answer would be a crime. What temps? Different strokes for different folks, or tyres as in this situation. When you don't know what are the best temps and don't know where to find info best way is "trial and error" you can feel when the car perform the best with what temps, what pressures. It's tiresome but when you don't have much needed knowledge it's the only way I can give you.

I've been doing all this, learning all this for 8 years now still think I have lots to learn. Lots and lots. No matter how much I already know I always try to find new ways, experiment, make discussions with other people, not afraid to ask, read and read and read a lot of material.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  16. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

but wait wait.. did you see my pictures there i posted? The change in pressure is huge and there is no change in temperatures.. How to explain that?

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I noticed exactly the same with the new corvette although it has the new cpm update and tire pressures changes should have and effect on that. But the tire temp values nearly don't change even if i drive 10-15 laps. I don't know. Maybe there is an error in these new tires. But maybe we should mention this in the c6 thread and not here.

PS: I noticed the same with the Apex GT3 Mod. Their tires are too cold in the middle but the two outer temps are nearly the same and pressure adjustments doesn't work at all like with the corvette

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  18. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

yes, the camber works just fine.. The tire pressure doesn't make change on temperatures.. and it's not just with C6R... It's mostly every car i RF2.. you can test it and see..

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I think its already in KnownIssues.txt says that tire pressures is not right

20. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

Oh man, ty for this so much.. My heart is in place now.. :)

I just knew something is wrong