rFactor 2 "Max" Build 998 Now Available (new demo)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I tested things to a reasonable extent and the jump from 982 to 998 doesn't scream out that much (946 to 982 was pleasant) but it does so many little things and in the end the graphics are smoother. I've been finding things to be progressively smoother and it just makes the whole experience more enjoyable and fluid. That may help you slowly start picking up things that you may have overlooked or not noticed before.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

It all goes together, I'm not talking about textures but about how HDR handles the light and albedo maps. Just take a look at the change logs, it has been trimmed in pretty much each build on different levels - and it effects both headlights and elimination of colour artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I thought about that but I just can't imagine that such a big thing like changes to HDR are missing from the change log.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I had an RF2 user tell me b998 has big GFX changes and that instead of just looking good at sunrise and sunset it now looks good all the time. He was so sure it changed that he even sent me 3 or 4 in-game daytime pics of some cars on track. He was so sure that he even seemed to get slightly offended when I asked him if he was sure it wasn't placebo. Upon seeing the pics, it honestly looked the same to me; I saw no difference/improvement over b982.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've only done day racing in previous and latest build, graphics look exactly the same to me. Feel of the cars is also the same, can't say I've noticed any major let alone slight changes.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I haven't noticed anything.... I just drive what is out there and have a ball doing it.

I don't sweat the small stuff ;)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Would you say it's more a FFB thing or a fundamental vehicle behaviour thing?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  8. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

With this latest build ISI do something amazingly right. The front end of most cars now react just differently. A lot more belivable. You can now drive a lot closer to limit, without a odd behaviour(or minimum), which doesn't seems to have sense with some cars in previous builds. Is not feeling anymore so on/off.

9. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi, since Build 982 i have the following problem on triple screen with multiview. it only happens in multiplayer. when i am in the garage after returning from track and enter full screen replay i get the middle screen strechted over all 3 screens. after pressing enter to remove the texts is it all ok, pressing return again, the screen is strechted again. see the screenshots below.

and the TV camera don't zoom in on many tracks i used (ISI and non ISI tracks).

View attachment 17828
    View attachment 17829

10. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

Erm guys.. I really wanna say thank you for you hard work here.. Every week something new..

But there is something bothering me... Can you confirm that changes in tire pressure works in Rfactor2? No mather how hard i try to change tire pressure and get the right temperature spread across all 4 tires for good grip, the mid tyre temperature is always the same.. Higher then the outer and the inner tire temperature.. Like for example.. Last testing was: Inner(86) Middle (96) Outer(91) celsious

The camber changes works, but Tire pressure.. not..

11. AceLain

AceLain Registered

which car ?

12. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

well, i tried it on most ISI and EGT cars

13. AceLain

AceLain Registered

You must use a car that have CPM tires on it
    Indycar
    Isi corvette (the one release yesterday)
    Cobra

To name a few

14. romano2603

romano2603 Registered

Well, i tried new ISI Corvette and the ISI Civic.. Still, mid tire temperature doesn't change.. Changing the pressure doesn't affect the sterring either.. Maybe i'm crazy but i tested Spring rates too and doesn't affect the car at all..

Pls, someone tell me that i'm stupid.. Cause i have much experience i rfactor 1 where i felt every change in springs and tire pressures..

Maybe they didn't turn on every setup change i rfactor 2.. Maybe they will release it in 1.0? :confused:

15. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Civic doesnt have the CPM tires, so thats a bit expected

For the isi corvette that was released this week, its suppose to work but did not test tires pressure really on that car
    Maybe someone can step in

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There will be no definitive 1.0 of rFactor 2... constantly evolving product until they stop work on it to concentrate on the next gen whenever they want to do it.

17. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

uhg, I try not to engage in these physics debates anymore but please stop with the false information. I haven't tried a car yet where changing the front springs doens't do anything or even the tire pressure for that matter. Just please stop with the misinformation unless you can show that it doesn't do anything. I'd love to be proven that it's placebo effect for me but until then, I know it isn't.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I know that I can take the wing off and things go screwy :)

I am sure the springs are doing something.... softening the whole car to drive in the wet works.

I have played with camber settings to even out tires temps and it works somewhat (even if old CPM cars).

Then again.... could be all in my head :D

19. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Anyone else thinking that C6R could be a better demo car than Cobra for majority of people? People coming from other sims might expect somewhat similar performance cars that they drive in other sims(for comparison) or to be able to handle the car in the first place.;)
    Cobra on Atlanta is a bit crazy (especially with street tires and how to change them might be not obvious as you can't do that in pits):rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
  20. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

On the Cobra tire pressure definitely work as expected. With very low tire pressure, step on the throttle and see inner and outer temps rising way more than the middle temp. With high pressure the middle temps rise much quicker.