rFactor 2 "Max" Build 998 Now Available (new demo)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I really hope you're right. I can't wait to try it now because the fundamental vehicle dynamics issue you describe has been an issue (among 2 or 3) that has been going on for over 12 years (at-least as far back as F1 2002 which is the oldest ISI based sim I've played). If it indeed isn't placebo on your part (not that I'm doubting you) then b998 may be one of the biggest, if not the biggest RF2 updates for me personally.

2. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Awesome build ISI - thank you very much! RIP Max :(

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Since it is build update you are probably wrong. Maybe they just fixed the headlights, which just leads to better experience from dusk till dawn? (So basically a placebo regarding the lighting itself)

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've seen people who qualified themselves similarly react to a mod being renamed, no other changes. :) Not saying that's the case with you, but nobody really sees the world or feels it, perception is what you feel.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq...st-your-brain-episode-2-perception_shortfilms

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This build makes the headlights go further. No pun intended. :p

That is sort of a graphical change.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Tim, there have been no changes to rF2 core in the past 3 months that could affect how a car drives or feels?

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I would suspect the same thing but KeiKei is a firm believer in minimizing input lag. He has a whole thread dedicated to testing input lag with different gfx settings and monitors. So I suspect his impression of the sim isn't due to input lag or framerates.

Edit: I guess I should read the whole thread. I see KeiKei already pointed out that he is knowledgeable in this area.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

I couldn't feel any difference here in tyre behavior, but to be honest i dont drive that much, usually around 5 hours a week. So maybe im not sensetive enough.

I can identify a CPM-tyre, maybe not on a Kart or the Indycar, because the limit here is pretty small. But it's not to difficult to recognize it on a Cobra, Palatov, or the new Apex GT3 mod. For me the new CPM-tyres are a lot more sensitive to load changes. For example, when you correct a rearwheel slide, even the slightest countersteer input has an influence in the drift-angel. Another example, lets say you in a mid-speed corner and you begin to accelerate carefully, still no sliding. But then you drive over a bump, and instantly the back steps out and you have to react quickly to hold the car. I think those little "nice surprises" are more marked than those with older tyres.
    There is also a longer warming-up phase, which i found with the Karts at first.

BTT, on the contrary to build 982 i can task-switch to windows, and back to game without problems now. Anyone confirm this?
    ATM i have some problems with shadows, i have take a closer look on this.

Good build, no doubt!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  9. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

build just to fix bugs , is very difficult to put gloss on the simulator does not simulate well because a sunny afternoon

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

what?

11. TJones

TJones Registered

I can only speculate, but i guess, he would like to see some improvements in wet weather conditions. :confused:

Just for information, i solved my problems with shadows, by cleaning up "Shaders" and "CBash" folders.

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Mmmmhhh, I want to add to the discussion that I think to notice a difference too.
    In this case a non-CPM-car is acting somewhat more "tame" or less nervous.
    It is no more that much "alive" then before. Less "micro-movements", what led me to a first impression of "mh, kind of boring in comparison".
    But further driving made it more relative, or I became accustomed to it.

However: all in all a good build! :)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

what?

Who said that? Build notes didn't.

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well my experience is more or less similar to yours. What I can tell is just like KeiKei I'm picky with my fps, input lag and since my hardware upgrade over 1 month ago I can maintain over 100 (trying to be around 120 and as steady as possible, with 90 % of the car/track combo can be achieved).

I've tested a bit with couple of cars but track/car combo I run most with is C7r at Silver. Did back to back tests and difference was very subtle. Can't pinpoint why, where etc but I had to make few slight changes to my setup which previously was tailor-made. Before and after change I can tell that driving a car was just TOO MUCH fun. It's not day and night. I made new player.json, controller but I haven't made any changes to them before that.

If the difference was bigger I would be able to speak with greater confidence in my words but anything that happened under the hood that made me feel the change or believe that there is a change (and when the difference is so slight and somehow for better, it doesn't matter).

In conclusion: I can say that I understand and more or less agree with Paul (still if the difference was night and day it would be easier for me to speak with confidence :p)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2015
  15. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Lol! Strange..... and interesting!
    Maybe differences in tyres of different cars leads now to opposite/other behaviour.

DonĀ“t know. Maybe I better go off to test more other cars...

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, hell, I just got a new steering wheel and haven't adapted to it, so I have no clue about the feeling any more!

17. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

one says that improved others know not said that to provoke exactly that, to understand what already improved that not all master English:confused:

18. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

much controversy and little clarification

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.

20. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

I tried to somehow provoke discussion than improved in the simulator only the log is complicated