rFactor 2 "Max" Build 998 Now Available (new demo)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well it's been known for years it's not working 100% as it should. Still it doesn't stop you from doing what I said earlier.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

-Contact patch load distribution model is not final, which means tire pressure does not have the full effect that it should.

This is outdated information, it's exactly what CPM is meant to fix. All cars with CPM (Kart, AC Cobra, DW12) should be as accurate as possible, I haven't heard any news that says otherwise.

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

They are MORE accurate in behavior under load and many extreme situations. AFAIK it adds additional calculations that regulate how tyres react to extreme load. It is not directly connected to tyre pressures. It's just a layer put over what was already there. I believe new code for gas reacting to compression, contraction, heat expansion etc is needed and in works.

Pressures DO have influence to how the car drives and feels but it doesn't have enough influence. Getting pressures right in motorsport is one of the highest priorities for any driver and team. You overinflate a tyre you get rock solid drive, less grip and more sliding, underinflate it and whole car feels like driving on bubble gum. Get it right and it goes like hot knife through butter.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I doubt the physics engine, or even just specifically the tyre engine, is in a final state never to be touched again. I highly doubt that considering RF2 is a serious hardcore sim aimed for constant development of it's core coding.

5. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

- Fix for server not writing correct results when everybody leaves session.

Just wondering if this has been tested and fixed as we are still having issues with the XML files written??????

Can anyone verify this pls............

6. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Very interesting. May I ask you where you got that impression or info?

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Anyone?

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

No problem here. XML files are written in every session. Even now in testday session.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi guys.

Reporting that one of my friend tried the Demo and he said he cant turn the ffb strength to negative. Unlike the previous Demo. :((

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Why not if he edit Documents/rFactor2/Player/Controller.JSON like this and save it?
    "Steering effects strength":-10000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi WhiteShadow. Thanks for the reply.

Dats exactly wut he did...but it gave no effect. Still inverted.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bah forget the demo

Tell him to buy it and get online for 6 days with you.

Want to bet he keeps it ? ;)

If he don't whats he lose ?

If you ask my opinion they should not give away a demo, the others don't. ;)

I don't want to harp, don't tell Tim ! p .........but why wouldn't a $10 month online trial be a good thing ?

I would like to see ISI make a bit extra cash, we could give peeps a proper introduction to rF2 in rooms and we get more people to race with.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Once online actually works and in a user-friendly way, a nominal monthly fee would be a great idea. Maybe $5/month or even less. But not free (free-for-all) to weed out some of the stupidity online. Combined with free offline and all content, it gives an incentive to build and maintain a nice online experience for users and would permit anyone with a couple of bucks to race online without the steep knowledge/technical barriers that exist today. I am sure various formal and informal leagues and match-ups would blossom if such a user-friendly system existed.

A monthly fee allows for a direct connection between payment and what you are getting (not present in the current ISI pricing model). The better the experience, the more willing people will come join. Ongoing cash flow. More cash for ISI than the current model unless they completely screw it up. Direct competition is all charging for the same "service," but they also charge for basic content, so rF2 still wins. If it was built properly, it could also be licensed to third parties to skin/customize as part of their licensing of the core engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

AI improvement for historics in this build.

Ran the BT20, and good news AI driven cars no loger bounce up and down.

Noticed that skins that looked grey for FISI now look chrome as they should (Mc Laren skin), very nice.

Thanks a lot ISI.

P.S. If someone already reported those good news, excuse me, sorry to be late to the party.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015