Rfactor 2 luncher crash only with build 660

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Konrad, May 11, 2014.

1. Konrad

Konrad Registered

Hello,

I have a problem with last update : build 660. I will explain my problem.

I had installed the build 590 and all was running well. I would like to upgrade my game to 660 and i lunch rFactor 2 and go to the update part of the luncher. The game found a 660 and Download the file.
    When all files were download i had a pop up which explain that a dll was missing.

I download the dll file "MSVCP100.dll" and put it on those folders windows/system, windows/system32, windows/sysWOW64.

I retry to Install the build 660 and I had a new pop up which said "The application doesn't start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application."

Since I try different solution :
    I try to apply this solution : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19409-If-missing-*110-dll.
    This install 2012 C++ library.
    I try to install 2010 C++ library but i already had the last version.
    I try to update Direct X but there is no update available.
    I unistall rFator 2 and réinstall the lite version and the full version af the build 660.

All this try doesn't solved my problem so I try to install an older version : Build 342 and it's OK the game run correctly.
    I uninstall the 342 and try to install the buil Lite 590 and the game run correctly.
    I retry the update by le game and I have the message :"The application doesn't start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application."
    I try to install with a .exe (Full and lite), the installation is a succes, but when in run the luncher rF2.exe, I had the message : "The application doesn't start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application."

I conclued that the 660 had a problem with my computer but i can't find the solution. If anyone have the same problem and can give me a solution please...

My config : ASUS P6T | Core i7 920 + Noctua NHU9B | OCZ PC10600 3x2Go | HD4890 Sapphire 1Go | WD CBlack 640Go + SpinPoint F3 1To | 2 LCD 22": VIEWSONIC va2231wa + CHIMEI CMV 222H | LanCool K6 + CoolMaster M700 | Win 7 Pro 64

2. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Once you update to 660 can you run the verify tool in the launcher and see if detects any problems.

I would also delete items in your C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor and attempt to reactivate.

3. Konrad

Konrad Registered

I can't click on the verify tool it's on grey.
    Update is orange and I have the message "Local update found. Click the "Update" button to install the update".

I will try to delete and reactivate.

4. Konrad

Konrad Registered

I had delete the .rFactor folder and reactivate my game. The activation was sucefful but I had still the same message : The application doesn't start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application

5. Konrad

Konrad Registered

Is there other person who had the same or a similar problem ? I note that build 660 had introduce lots of problem with dll and luncher but all solution exposed doesn't solve my problem. I would try to wait the next build but i'm not sure that will solve my problem and I don't know when the build will be available.

May you need some information to help me ? Ask me and iw will try to give it.

Thanks