Rfactor 2 licences [poll]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sommergemuese, Oct 6, 2010.

?

Which Licensing do you want?

1. Trymedia

154 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Steam

68 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. CD-Key Check/Online activation (Securom)

59 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. Another one...

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizz

Wizz Registered

I agree with elwood above.

If rF2 comes with Steam, as GTR EVO did, then UNFORTUNATELY, I'll be looking else where for sim racing and that'd be a shame after 5-6 years of league racing with rFactor.

I've had nothing but problems with Steam over the years, I keep trying it every couple years and it's no different "If it's not crashing, the lag does it for you". I've done a few 90min broadcast races and to loose connection (through steam freezing or the screen going black) is very frustrating with tens of hours of practice and preperation gone, it's especially bad when it happens 10mins from the end, as it did on one occasion.

It's nothing to do with my machines either. I've got 3 different high end games machines which I've had built over the years, but still no luck with Steam running smoothly or hassle free on any of them. It still freezes and crashes. So, please please please ISI, NO Steam software.

Thanks in advance....(fingers crossed).

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. People have not read the Q&A where it says they will be using their own digital distribution method.

And GTR Evo was screwed up by simbin not steam. They can choose how it gets installed and how much of the games content is left in the GCF. ArmA2 is a steam game and the entire game directory can be moved out of steam and the entire steam client can be uninstalled if you like.. Because Bohemia set it up that way.

Steam is not the problem.

3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Registered

I've never had success with anything but Steam, even that is pretty iffy. For the love of all that's holy, no CD-check/securerom! This only frustrated honest players...crackers will crack no matter what. No sense make it annoying for regular players.

EDIT
    Whoops! Sorry. Thanks for the info.

4. Jcchaconjr

Jcchaconjr Registered

Well, I just hope that their in-house licensing system allows me to install it on more than one machine, even if I have to authenticate online to launch. I have two machines, and it would be nice to be able to install it on both, even if I can only have one running at any given time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.