rfactor 2 launcher select wrong graphic card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chieloz86, Aug 26, 2013.

1. chieloz86

chieloz86 Registered

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Today I've downloaded and purchase rFactor2. But I have a problem. When I start the rFactor Launcher and then go to config I can't select my Nvidia graphic card, only the integrated Intel HD 4600. When I start rFactor2 config from the file explorer (c:\Program Files\rFactor2\core\rF Config.exe) then it's show the right card (Nvidia). In the Nvidia control panel I select the right options (Nvidia).

I can't find a way to select the correct graphic card.

Does anyone know a solution?

I'm sorry for my bad English but I'll hope you understand.

2. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  3. chieloz86

chieloz86 Registered

I have already done that before. It didn't help. The problem is when I open rf condig.exe from the Core folder it show the Nvidia Card, but when I'm opening Config in the Launch app it didn't...

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Don't worry to much about the card you see on the Config application as most of the time the hardware switch is done on a different level.

After you assigned a high performance profile to rF2 (the game, not the launcher) you can use GPU-Z to see which card is used by the system. If you see the Nvidia card involved in the task you're sure the system is working correctly.