rFactor 2 is 20% off this weekend

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 7, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Use promo code RF2BRAZIL20 to get a 20% discount on either standard or lifetime new purchases.

How to use a promo code:

Any offers at any time will be shown on this page:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/special-promotions/

Standard usage restrictions, refund policy, etc, apply.

Of course it depends how this goes as to whether we will do any in the future.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How about 20% off upgrades from standard to lifetime?

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

20% off lifetime upgrade would make it cost the same as an original lifetime purchase, for this weekend only. It's "marginally" more expensive buying a full-fledged brand new lifetime license than to upgrade. I could see myself biting on that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  4. 88mphTim

That's a manual process, not sure. Yearly renewals, perhaps.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Could you explain your math? I don't follow it.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yep, I'm glad you asked the question M. Collins, I'm wondering too...

Oh and by the way, Guys, to save you some time: don't try RF2BRAZIL99 counting down to RF2BRAZIL21, I tried ;)

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

(all in my head so excuse non-exact numbers)

20% off $84.99 = $68
    20% off $43.99 = $35.20

Standard to lifetime upgrade cost = $52 (so discounted lifetime is "just" $16 more than original standard deal)
    20% off $52 = $41.60

Standard license + discounted upgrade = $85.59

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

But there is no discount to the upgrade and I didn't realize it was $52. I thought it was the difference between the standard and lifetime ($41).

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is no upgrade, it was just would-be scenario. It'd still net an overall larger price than first-time lifetime purchase.

10. 88mphTim

It was, until Gjon figured out we were spending time we don't have, correcting a buyer decision we don't have to, making possibly less money eventually from those lifetime upgraders over the course of rF2s lifetime. Now we have a fee added ontop of the difference to cover that (and have for a year or so). It is so seldom for us to actually have to do one, that it is done manually and we haven't taken dev time to make it automatic yet due to that. We get a paypal notification, find the account, change it - manually - then email the payer when it's done.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Good value for a 2nd copy , better then upgrading to single life if you have 2 PCs

You could keep the basic for offline, testing or modding on the 2nd machine.

12. Tobias Härnvi

Tobias Härnvi Registered

I dont run rFactor2 that much but I would like to have it avalable anyhow. No my installation say that my subscription epired but when I try to buy i get this message:
    A license for rFactor2 has already been purchased for this account. A license can only be purchased once per account.

13. Rik

Rik Registered

you can't play on two computers simultaneously. a license can be activated on more computers.it does not provide for the use in simultaneous.
    one person = one license

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

While as you know I am a huge advocate of rF2 and all things ISI really. rF2 is by far the superior sim for the things that matter to me. But the unending frustration with development patterns and (lack of) progress means that on a point of principle I decided not to upgrade to lifetime to get online racing privileges until the online racing experience was past the beta stage. It appears that we are getting very close to that point now. A 20% discount might have pushed me over the edge to upgrade a bit early (I expect by the next build things will be functioning in a manner that is considered "normal"). But no problem, I will do it later.

And, there is nothing wrong with restricting the deal to new purchasers--you need them...a lot of them. The best way to start that process is to stop characterizing an upgrade from standard to lifetime as a purchaser decision that requires correcting. Even if you actually believe that, keep it to yourself. The arrogance and complete obliviousness to normal marketing practices and procedures is the source of your revenue problem, not a few whingers like me or other customers who prefer to try something before they commit to a larger purchase.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I did not say that.

What is stopping me purchasing a 2nd rFactor from my 2nd PC using a "throw away credit card" which can use any name you like. :confused:

They can't force you to use your right name as long as payment is accepted, you have broken no criminal laws.

BTW

Certain cards give warnings at billing procedure they must be the correct name because they may check addresses, etc.

lol ............thats a bit hard with a " throw away card" which has no personal info linked to it. lmao

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  16. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

so I could pay the difference for life time
    for me it would be interesting

17. 88mphTim

Your options are:
    Buy again with a new email.
    Upgrade to lifetime (see help page on rfactor.net)
    Renewing for another year.
    Not renewing and playing offline.

18. 88mphTim

19. 88mphTim

I apologize for saying something you were able to interpret in a way you disagree with. Although as time goes on, it seems almost impossible to say anything someone cannot do that with, so I personally believe in just not lying. I believe in that having worked in environments where this was not the case, and ultimately it was more damaging. Please feel free to tell me more about our revenue.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You can just clarify how you wanted it interpreted, instead of apologizing for my ability to misinterpret something.

My opinion is clear: you should do everything possible to make it easy for people to get your product (latest updates and content) and give you money for your product. If you choose to have more than one "level" of purchase, then the upgrade path is part of that. You may now regret offering an upgrade path from standard to lifetime, but if you hadn't offered it in the first place your sales would likely be even lower, based on what I have observed here and elsewhere in terms of customer feedback.

We all appreciate that you are a straight-shooter, Tim. Refreshing in a world of corporate BS and tightly managed and scripted "messaging." It doesn't change the fact that there is a level of contempt for the customer in many of your communications and in the way ISI develops, packages, updates, distributes and sells rF2.

There is also an undisguised degree of sarcasm and contempt in many of the things I say. The difference is I am but a lone customer in this context. We all reap what we sow.