RFACTOR 2 inconsitent data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitmore, Aug 7, 2016.

1. whitmore

whitmore Registered

When comparing the wheel load data shown in the UI to that recorded by Lazza's motec plugin there seems to be some thing adrift for the wheel load data.

The two attached pictures show the wheel load data as completely different.

The data shown in the UI should be as last sampled by the game before escaping back to pit. The data in the pictures was taken after driving out of pit stall and onto the track apron at mountain park speedway then escape to pit.

It can be seen that tyre pressure and temps are all good but the wheel load data is way off.

When making changes during car setup the amount of change to wheel load is nothing like what the UI shows according to the data displayed through motec.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tyre load can be quite dynamic, so I'd be wary of making comparisons like this without seeing more data to compare to. Are you logging at 100Hz?

If you brought the car to a stop (on a slope or something, to help differentiate L-R) so the tyre load was consistent, and there was a discrepancy, then it would more obviously point to an issue. (either with the UI values, or something I'm doing)

3. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I tried parking in many different situations and in all cases the values in the UI are just the same as when you leave the pits. How ever just moving a few feet from the garage the values given from the game for the plugin to read are not the same as what is shown in the UI.

I usually use setting 3 but did try 5 (100hz) but found no difference in the wheel load. At 100hz I did see a slight variation in data for tyre temps from the UI and motec display. (Not an issue.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think this is as simple as the UI wheel load values only reflecting the current vehicle and setup. The values don't change at all when you drive the car, so they don't agree with the telemetry values.

I don't think these gizmos are addressed directly in build notes so I don't know if this is by design or a bug.

5. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Thanks Lazza, I would be happy to use motec read out for tuning but not the UI values. Oddly I also note that not all cars give out this data. BTTC Honda for instance does not read wheel load data it just always reads zero.