rFactor 2 in Las Vegas!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Marcel Offermans, Jan 7, 2017.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Of course he did

2. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think some people have the wrong image of what eSport is about. CS1.6 streams on a very competetive level have been around for ages and I don't need to tell anyone how that game and the streams for it looked like. I haven't watched this final yet, but earlier races were pretty entertaining to watch despite the fact that a) I don't like Formula E in any way as it breakes with everything that makes motorsport interesting for me and b) the fact, that the used content looked poor in the broadcast.

I hear alot of people whining that it is bad advertisement and that it would have been better with any other sim on the market. At the end people need to understand that the used sim was rF2 and not iRacing, not AC nor anything else and that it is actually a really great success. I think it was the first time that something like this was tried on that level and it shows potential.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

"However, rFactor2 is not capable to host a major event like this, and the subsequent shifting of blame from Studio 397 has demolished the reputation of rFactor2."

But that's just what happens when a major event makes a sim like RF2 appear to be a complete mess. As I've said before, this event has not done RF2 any favours whatsoever, this article (not quite sure of this bloggers fanbase), the (constant) lies at PRC and the general reaction from the sim racing community has laid a dark cloud over an otherwise perfectly capable platform of a simulator.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If people would stop giving attention to blogs with 0 importance that would be cool

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Ernie, Mulero, peterchen and 3 others like this.
  6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Clearly thinking in his formula E business. Not particularly interested in sim racing growth itself. What a selfish idiot. I hope he ruins himself and leaves motorsport for fans and not for speculators as him.

7. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Of course he is, as the CEO of FE! That he considers eSports a potentially strategic direction for his company should be of interest to sim racers though, shouldn't it?

Guimengo likes this.
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's actually the easiest thing to do and yet people give something about a bitter dude who showcases basicly nothing else that hating on everything and being the unhappiest loser on earth. I read PRC when I want to have a good laugh in the morning and anybody who takes those guys serious should ask themself: What on earth have those so called "writers" achieved? You even get told, that it is potenbtialy the worst place for sim racers, so take it for what it is - a troll blog.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

What they achieved last year was to get Reiza in a ball ache of legal nonsense over the portrayal of cars in their Sim, this delayed their development of AMS greatly. So yes, they achieve what they want to achieve by getting the click baits and causing disharmony in the sim racing community and to the Devs that do their work for us, yet when they're called upon to answer themselves they run scared. People will read the internet and unfortunately believe what is written before them without bothering to find out the real facts themselves, hence the PRC article pointing the finger at Mak Corp when it had nothing to do with Mak Corp. It's the same way the media works, such a shame but that's life I guess. Anyway you'll never stop the msinformation, all we can try and do is educate those that bother asking if the click bait sites are telling the truth or not!

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

This guy has always been a moron, don't let his write-ups get to you. Exactly 0 of what went wrong was the sim's fault.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah I know that, but the viewing public with little clue about the Sim don't and therein lies the problem :)

Ho3n3r likes this.
  12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Do someone know if this guy at PRC named "James" is James Whesty (or Westhy)?

13. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Austin Ogonoski

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Was there any information disclosed on why they settled for 20 laps instead of the 28? Earlier in the coverage when the F-E drivers were about to race their 14-lap race, the schedule was for a double-length on the feature event. I was cheering on Felix as the race started, it's quite impressive he was able to start and finish in P2 closing in on Bono for a great sequence of laps.

15. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The race was delayed by 20-30 minutes due to technical issues. I believe the race was shortened because of this. Great job by Felix, I think it was great to see him mix it up with the sim racers, it adds a lot to the credibility of the event IMHO.

16. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

PRC is funny. It just makes fun of how serious people take their video games and the sim racing community in general. I have no doubt there are many who take that site seriously though as there are many people who believe fake news they read on the internet.

Flaux likes this.
  17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

The self-proclaimed "worst side for sim racing news" And yet everyone is taking it serious. haha

Jego likes this.
  18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I saw a driver having issues, and I know two guys weren't able to compete. I didn't know they cut to stay within the scheduled time, I was caught off-guard because since it wasn't a TV spot, they certainly had the flexibility.

19. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Nah, satirical journalism looks more like this!

[​IMG]

Ho3n3r, John and MarcG like this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lol yeah there's no way PRC are trying to be satirical :D