rFactor 2 FAQ (unofficial)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maatriks, Nov 4, 2011.

1. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Please read this trough before heading out to flame and ask the same questions that have been asked for numerous times already.
    This topic includes questions I found asked and answered in the forums during last few days/weeks. I tried to include only those questions answered by ISI staff.

Read also:
    ISI Interview from 1. november: Click here
    rFactor 2 Developer Q&A from 25. March: Click here

FAQ
    Release time and related
    When will ISI release rFactor 2 open-beta?
    No answer from ISI yet. TBA.

Will there be a DVD version of rFactor 2?
    Like with rF1 we'll reach a place where we'd want to ship on DVD. Although at this point it cannot be said for certain that a DVD will happen, it is likely.

Pricing
    How much does rFactor 2 cost?
    The title will sell for $43.99, allowing unlimited access to single player & mod development mode. The price also includes 12 months of online account membership (18 months, if you pre-order rFactor 2 during open-beta period), an additional year of account membership can be purchased for $12.99.

How much does rFactor 2 cost in €?
    No answer from ISI yet. TBA.

Reinstalls / online account / LAN
    How many times (on how many different PC-s) can I reinstall rFactor 2?
    The matchmaker account is attached to a person rather than the machine. So re-installations are very easy and unlimited.

Will my one online account allow me to access online games for either of my two PC-s?
    There will be a matchmaker login created, that's all you'll need, and you'll just go login to the matchmaker on either of the machines.

How many user profiles or "activations" are available with one game purchase?
    For example, in my home are two persons that play rfactor. Will we need to buy the game two times to play online at same time?

Yes, you need to buy 2 licences in order to play together online.

Can I play trough LAN with my friends?
    Yes you will be able to play LAN games. The initial connection will go through the matchmaker and people must log into their online accounts first. So internet connection is needed to play LAN games.

Dedicated server
    Is hosting a dedicated server free?
    Yes, there's no hosting charge. The only thing which applies to hosting really is that your server will be connected to (by drivers) via our matchmaker. You currently won't need an online account, a lapsed offline account or even to purchase rF2 at all to host a race via the matchmaker on the internet or LAN.

Will there be linux version of dedicated server?
    Not with the initial release. Possibly in the future, but not sure.

Modding
    Will ISI censor mods/tracks somehow (remove those that "have no license" etc)?
    We're providing IDs for mods, that's all. No further action by ISI on mods.

Will modding tools be free?
    Yes.

If any ISI official notice mistakes in my text, feel free to correct them or even delete this topic and make newone with more information. Also if other users notice mistakes inform me so I can correct them.
    Btw: I am sorry if there are any grammar mistakes or odd words, English is not my native language.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011