rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

@javixeneize, ofcourse. Tim Wheatley wrote: "Also worthy of note is that I was recording that realtime. My PC (which I bought and built for under $500) was capable of running rF2, running the realtime data and recording it all using Fraps without any issues." You have laptop, but i think you should not have any problems running the game with the highest settings. I think i "hear" that some of the ISI team predict Radeon x1000(x1600,x1650, x1950) series will be minimum for graphic and "core 2 duo" will be minimum or recommended processor.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  2. javixeneize

javixeneize Registered

Great!

I have a suggestion for ISI. Why dont you release a beta version so people can find out errors and impreovements. We can be beta testers!

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

ISI is allready working with beta testers. And it's definitely a bad idea to make whole community beta test the software.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. Sure, call me a cheat because I'd rather see ISI spend their time on other things than anti cheat programs. :p

I remember about two months after Arma 2 was released the number of cheaters were getting pretty high in the servers. Then most of the servers were either password protected or empty. Eventually anti cheat fixes came out and the servers started filling up again but seriously if you're in a server full of cheaters you leave and find one without. Pretty simple.

Because rF is so modder friendly it is very hard to do a anti cheat program plus like I said before if someone wants to cheat they will find a way. Just my two cents.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

CdnRacer, you compare public server to league ones. It incomparable in this case. Even so, I don't want to empty my league grids just because of cheaters.

Cheating in its own is not so easy, but also not too hard for some one who wants do that. Anti-cheat methods are not dependent on modable content.
    So, to be honest I would like to see rF2 protected against cheating. but it is not most important thing should be done.

6. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Building anti cheat devices is part of the parcel of making a game !

And like maxym says comparing league servers and public servers are incomparable, its irrelevant where you cheat its the fact it can be done so easily in rfactor, somthing needs implemented in rfactor 2 to detter it one way or another.

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

My point exactly. ;)

8. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Your point is you hope they dont bother, my point is i hope they do !

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No.

We probably would have done if we could at this point.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol....please don't tell me what my point is. ;)

11. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Dont back track or reply with foolish posts then mate !

I'm pretty sure you'd be miffed to get beaten by your fellow kart racers who were using dodgy fuel/gas ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
  12. 88mphTim

Heard it mentioned, so I assume they've done something. No idea what though and it possible that whatever they've done they would not make public (that only helps the cheaters).

Yeah some of those animations really make a big difference. There may be planes, birds, and trackside animations of different types visible too if you look closely.

Ha, you found them.

The sky was considered 'overcast' and was set to stay overcast all through the session. Ordinarily you can have it random or tell is that you want it to switch from overcast to clear, etc. This affects track temp and therefore grip levels.

That was A.I. This is actually a good point though as the AI was a bit faster than me and didn't crash into me, he found a good passing spot.

Yes and yes. Some features were not enabled on this video, however, as they were developed at the same time as the new tire model using the old tire model, and are now being transferred (that was the quicker way of getting the development done on those features).

Hey Aubrey! Good to see you here. How has that 1967 Lotus been treating you lately? :D

Unfortunately (along with most other questions I haven't answered) I can't answer this stuff yet. :(

I actually think that is because the back end slid to the right and while it wore the rr evenly it only leaned on the inner of the lr. I've seen similar on this car when I drive badly on a clockwise track, too, but on the other side. Could be wrong though... I didn't ask anybody why that was doing that.

There is a ghost car that you can use for training, etc, yes. As for copying in other people's, not sure yet.

I think you asked on Twitter, too? Yes. How well it runs on any system specifically not known yet.

Yes we already have some core testers but may need others soon. Stay tuned.

13. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

I am VERY interested in those extra beta testers that you need. I'd love to give some feedback, although I guess you will ask for some background, but I'm not going to spam the thread with it here.

Any answers on the brake fade that I asked some posts ago?

Cheers for answering carefully to most of the questions, anyway, Tim! :)

14. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Dear Tim, I was joking! :p

15. Malik

Malik Registered

I posted a possible solution to the cheating due to cutting problem in the wishlist thread...but since it was brought up here ill throw in my 2 cents. One possible solution could be implimenting the natural hazzards that come with driving anywhere but the track surface. for example. Alter the collision model so that spliters can be more easily damaged do to offcourse driving...this happens all the time in real life...a car goes over the curb on the grass the splitter digs in and boom there goes the splitter... Also what about gummed up radiator do to grass entering....or even it can go so far as to bend suspension parts or cause cut tires at high speeds. All of which will cause problems with the cheaters car.

-Malik

16. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think the cheating they are referring to is engine and tire hacking. Staying on course and cutting corners is a more sporting form of cheating.

17. 88mphTim

Quote of the day :)

That's going on our social media. ;)

18. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Tim, there are working in an anticheat? that constantly check the RAM memory or something like that? :)

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

Question regarding the earlier screenshots released - one showed a Clio on what appeared to be a hillclimb; any idea if this track or point-to-point racing be in the initial release?

20. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

There are easier cheats other than the ram cheat to use which opens your eyes to how easy it would be if you wanted too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.