rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

it not will release not today not even on next week... it`s always be status "soon" (as it was before and as it will) and that`s it)))

1 person likes this.
  2. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

+1

But fortunately not all developers think so and feeding hardcore gamer with weekly builds ...... and
    be always better

3. shum94

shum94 Registered

[​IMG]

I never been into personalization of gaming but this in bf3 i found it cool.

So in rF2 if we could really have the possibility to personalize our helmet and the plate on the car or maybe sponsors on cars, it would be very nice.

This subject brings the auto skin download in question. Are we gona see it ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Unfortunately every time Tim went to the trouble (yes, trouble... they aren't marketing yet) of grabbing some pictures or videos, half the responses were negative. People are entitled to their opinions of course, but when those same people then complain there isn't much new media... well... maybe put 2 and 2 together.

As for timing, we know there isn't a scheduled release date, so when it's ready it'll be here... 'soon' makes a fair bit of sense in that case. (would you prefer "probably in 3 months" and either not make it, or release "without warning" a month early? Because you can bet in either case people will be complaining...)

5. E.Neytman

E.Neytman Registered

People need info. ISI actually has the game, is it so diffucult to post a screen every week ha?

I`m testing CARS and yes, they have problems with physics, performance, input lag but they are working and SHOWING their progress every week. This is a real improvement every week. And what ISI? Even if they releasy it today unexpected, i wont just run and buy, and even if I will, my negative thoughts about the whole situation wont be gone.

Tim, how the hell can`t you realize that are simply spitting in your fans by not giving the info.
    If you simply dont want to - shame on you, if you cant - just say i cant because of bla bla bla.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

How much info do you need man?!! I think there has been plenty of info already released. sheesh!! Alot of the "real" fans here don't care to hear anymore news other than it's RELEASED. That's just my take. I've seen screenies, heard some of the sound, seen some of the cars. Good enough for me. If you're not interested in rF2 then don't buy it. You're not going to get any sympathy because you don't get a screen shot every week like C.A.R.S.

Tim has done a pretty good job in my opinion. He's put out alot of info, taken alot of heat from the naysayers and put up with alot of the bs from people like me in these forums. :p

I don't think he's spitting at anybody either.

P.S I'm not sticking up for anybody just putting my thoughts out there.

7. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

I hope thats a google translation problem, if not you need to show some respect. Are you that rude on the Cars forum?

8. theother5

theother5 Registered

E.Neytman ... why the negative thoughts?

Your message reads very poorly.

ISI in general, but Tim as pointman here have been trying to share but have found out that you cannot please everyone all the time. Go figure!

In fact, they have provided alot more information, screenshots and community comms than alot of other titles do.

I'm not defending them here, they can do that themselves ... but I do feel it necessary to highlight to you and other of your thinking that your post was not cool. It does not help and I am even going to suggest that it does not help you either.

No money has changed hands and ISI rightly have the rights to how and what they choose to do. I am just calling it as it is. Soon we'll have a Beta to try and probably early next year, a release and then probably years and years of growth and development.

As Cat Leopold would say .... "Ребята, давайте жить дружно".
    Loose translation .... "let's be friendly"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

What brings to me a feeling (especially including subscription fee) : I saw it already.

BTW I agree with E.Neytman. I think some must deserve for respect. We (community) have deserved one. I see no reason to respect some one who doesn't respect me (and please don't talk about money changing hands because it doesn't matter at this point)

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Internet people demanding stuff.......

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Black Mesa ... Episode 3 ... Duke Nukem Forever

We wait in near futility for what we love. ISI and rF2 is still better than these.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The only things which haven't been answered are the things I cannot answer.

The main issue is that what most people ask is about the release date - and there isn't one of those. It gets asked and you keep getting the same answer. It you making yourself frustrated. Ask something else...

Shame on me? I understand there is probably a language barrier between us, but don't talk like that.

13. 88mphTim

You didn't mention Elite 4. ;) Although I am beginning to think that David Braben is pulling my leg. :)

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Sorry to say, but there are a lot of other questions not answered at all. Just check Q&A thread.
    Why we cannot get answers? because it is top secret, or just it is not implemented? Why we cannot get stright answer?
    Q: Damage, A: Something will be improved but maybe not initial release
    Q: Sound, A: I've heard from devs it will be better
    Q: What are main physics improvements, A: I don't know technicals but get pleasure to drive it
    Q: what about new susp. types, A: don't know. have to ask devs
    Q: AI, A: I feel it is better than in rF1
    Q: weather, A: we got some progress
    Q: release date asked at end of 2010, A: when it will be done, we are heading for end of 2011
    Q: release date asked at Q4 of 2011, A: beta will be in 2011,
    Q: release date asked at end of 2011, A: when it will be done

Note, I don't quote you, but most your answers sound like this. nothing concrete. Only some generals or avoiding answers. But you are PR-man, we expect something else.

But again, if you are ready to answer questions other than 'release date', please feel free. We are waiting whole year for them.

15. dragon

dragon Registered

I agree with you MaX. :) I once again ask when the beta (lol) because the final product, i can forget(maybe 2020). Is it so hard to say that it will be November 30th 2011? It really starts annoy! So answer the question! :)

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

dont waste your time.. they said "soon" \(but it was in.. 2009.. then 2010, now 2011, then 2012, 2013 etc). yep soon..

17. 88mphTim

You posted answers there, which is what I said. It seems what you want is more detailed answers actually? You're not going to get that. I have neither the time or the majority of the information.

"When it will be done" isn't accurate. That has been said, but it's been said in a context which included "2011".

Are you asking for a features page with everything listed? Seems so... That won't be done until during/after the open beta.

18. 88mphTim

Except that... No, we didn't say those things. Even MaXyM doesn't say we did. Please don't spread rumors you got from somewhere else and make them sound like we said them.

19. 88mphTim

Yes it is that hard. Thanks for asking.

20. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

touche....and the Oscar goes to.......Tim "the hard Bone" Wheatley :D

I love your humor, Tim :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.