rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg333

sg333 Registered

..so it IS possible to show physics in a video ;)

Of course you cant see visually how the physics work, but it gives you a rough idea how the car reacts to bumps, turns, understeer etc etc...

Even the Spa '67 video shows an obvious improvement over RF1, for anyone who has driven RF1 a lot, there are some things i noticed straight away about how the car was doing things differently than expected behaviour in RF1.

Also, and i stress this as the most important point, we just want more videos!! :)

2. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

OT

Tim , who is the singer of the music in the video?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Erm... it's in the video.

4. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

ops.. sorry

5. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

I´ll try to make myself clear...

First thing, physics - obviously is not a movie that make clear how it feels but can give us an idea between arcade and Simulation. That NFS shift video, that shum94 posted is more than enough to see that simulation there is a joke... (at least for me)

But lets assume one thing, rfactor 1 was an amazing game with amazing physics for his time, and who made him?.. ISI... So i don´t have any doubt that in rf2 will be even better... If no, none of this worth it....

Second thing, FFB - I think is unanimous that FFB in rF 1 was very poor but Tim already told us that in rF2 FFB are amazing so, why not believe? They have some games to compare and after that do the best FFB out there... Sinbin's, Netkar, Iracing, etc....

Third thing, graphics - in video that i post yesterday (my mistake i didn't see the other thread) the all idea wasn't good. Yes we see marshall's movie that's amazing, yes we see heat haze, but and what? we saw long time ago a video with rain to dry transition that was amazing, and seems to be finished that effect, so with not an onboard lap with that effect multiplied 100x for example? We see a bunch of games that promotional videos ara amazing and motivates people to buy them but this video is just the oposite in my perpective. This video talking about colors look worst than rfactor 1 videos.

Has i told before physics anda FFB are very important in a simulation game but nowadays graphics are important too and more than 90% of critics in this forum are because of that. People and to see what rF2 can give us in addition to physics and FFB.

After that, what i hope??? rF2 be the best simulator ever made :)

Edit: Other cool thing to show if possible, how car reacts to wind...

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is Lamb. Their management were very helpful and we thank them. :)

No issue making them. Only issue right now is the time. :) One of the first things I actually want to do is an up-to-date version of the WIPs put out earlier (rain, Spa). As we now have a working replay system...

7. 88mphTim

I'm not saying I'm not going to make videos, just what I think about seeing physics in them. :) Hopefully there's no misunderstanding there. I'm just discussing. :)

To explain perhaps clearer: If an arcade title (any, I'm not being specific) wasn't driven to it's limit, taking advantage of it's arcade inaccuracies (which is where bad physics are visible), but was instead driven realistically, do you think you could tell how bad the physics were in that situation? :) I know that because whenever I have had an arcade game in the past I have always tried to drive realistic - because that's how I want to drive - and I don't think it would be noticable how bad the physics were. I'm a fairly smooth driver, and usually well off alien pace. ;)

8. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Off course if we drive slow even in an arcade game we are not able to see the diference or is extremely difficult.

By the way, Tim to close the week on big give us a nice video in Estoril with some GT or open wheeler onboard with rain or sun high in sky, not sunset :p

9. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

I think it's obvious what must be done here...

Somebody from myth-busters will have to rig up a real car to drive with a computer keyboard.

10. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Tim, a question.
    The wheels will remain on the surface traces of asphalt? in rFactor1 file extension *. tdf value is (Tex = skidhard.tga Max = 2500) by increasing MAX = 15 000 tracks long, but then did not appear.

11. 88mphTim

Do you mean the skid marks staying on the track surface? I haven't seen them disappearing.

12. shum94

shum94 Registered

Sup. We dont hear rain lately and inboard cockpit rain previews date now. What about dirt track and wet conditions ?

13. 88mphTim

I'm going to try to get some updates of the early WIPs.

14. shum94

shum94 Registered

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I still think the best way to show off the physics would be some good old fashioned screwing around. J-turns, hopping over low curbs and quick stops and burnout U-turns in a road car show off how the weight of the car is shifted how grip is handled if the movement looks fluid. In rf1 all those things seem foreign to the engine but a physics engine is a physics engine and no matter the test it should be accurate against real life. Drive over some 1 foot concrete pyramids and let us watch.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No more vids, no more pics. You've released min. specs and enough info on some of the features of rF2. Just sell me the beta and I will test.

ISI is close to releasing rF2 because I can smell that new plastic smell.

Most comments at this point are people just wanting to be heard. They are all irrelevant. I think everybody here will buy rF2 no matter what the answers are to these silly questions and if they're not buying it they're just trolling. Release rF2 in beta form one month from now. end forum. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  17. shum94

shum94 Registered

Honey i want rain and i want it right. No point doing it if its not done in a better way than train simulator. I talk cockpit windshield graphical representation.

rFactor 2 has many features and we dont know how well it works. I'm very curious to see if the software handle right the drying line and why not the dirt part of the track of dry conditions. I wanna be pissed because i'm first on the grid and not on the clean side of the track etc etc...

I expect a lot from ISI. Thats why i'm very bitchy about everything.

18. Beemer

Beemer Registered

shadow flickering must be something to do shadow map size..i've been tweaking enb.series and im using shadow option ...default shadow map size were 256 ..i've increased size to 1024...now flickering almost disapier...tested Raceking's nords..continue testing...lol

19. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

A further wish

gearshift without the cluch is not possible.
    including the Sound (missing gear)

( heel and toe )

20. Dave Schnare

Dave Schnare Registered

It might have been mentioned in an earlier post....but is there going to be in game voice chat like in iracing....that would be a great feature to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.