rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

What about system using the Netkar Pro? :)
    It gives you the license software indefinitely (like the rFactor) BUT one year of free updates (almost like iRacing)

For me it is the perfect system, inexpensive for the customer and can help to keep motivated the company.
    :)

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

rFactor 1 had 2 years of free updates.

3. olex

olex Registered

Does rfactor2 simulates the consequences of sudden mechanical failures (suspension,brakes,wings or puncture) especially when it happens in high speed turns or at critical brake points? In the past their have been many situations where cars went off track due to above mentioned causes (remember the accidents of Graham Hill and Jochen Rindt at Montjuic caused by broken wing in 1969 or Regazzonis brake failure at Long Beach in 1980 etc.). But i think there are also enough actual cases.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
  4. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

rFactor simulates those things. Although in rFactor, those types of failures are usually caused by hitting something like a wall. I haven't seen any cases where those failures happen without something happening that severely damages the car. I've also seen replays where debris would cause those failures if the driver hits it hard enough.

I would like to see more realistic breakdowns in rFactor 2 though. And more realistic drafting such as loss of downforce on the front/rear of the car and extra engine heating caused by the draft.

5. olex

olex Registered

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I`am talking of failures caused by material fatigue (not by hitting something) which effect the behaviour of the car massively when driving at the limit. Such a feature would make the sim even more realistic.

6. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

No problem. I wen't ahead and compiled a list of items that wear in rFactor.

Engine (6 Hours +/- 2 Hours Random Time assuming it's treated well during the race, otherwise, it'll wear in minutes)
    Clutch (rate set to 0 by default)
    Breaks (Never had them fail in rFactor for me, but they do wear)

Suspension Doesn't Wear unless damaged by an impact force, then it just becomes uncontrollable.
    Water pressure never wears, but oil pressure will drop to 0 if the car hits the wall the right way. Otherwise, it never wears.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

To keep it brief, olex, no, not all those things are simulated in rFactor, and I'm not sure they've been mentioned for rF2. In rFactor brakes wear with use and will fail at a threshold (usually a randomised range), tyres will burst when they get to 100% wear, engines wear and fail in accordance with a host of parameters and driving habits.

There appears to be no scope for just having things fail 'randomly' in the manner you're describing (obviously it would need to be configurable per vehicle, not just an overall switch). I agree it would add to the sense of realism, though there's no doubt a lot (the majority perhaps?) of rooms/leagues would disable such an option.

8. shum94

shum94 Registered

9. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

They are planning on releasing it by the end of the year. Read this page.

By the way, what sort of special stuff will online leagues get to make league management easier from ingame?

10. shum94

shum94 Registered

rFactor 2 will be released pretty soon! In the meantime we can confirm we do have a target within the year (2011)

the end of the year

11. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Their goal is before the end of the year.

12. simfan

simfan Registered

We should be posting some information on how rFactor 2 will be released pretty soon!

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

was that on Twitter?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, that's on the same page linked to above.

Well I for one hope Shum94 gets his game soon... I'd hate for him to be disappointed.

15. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

LOL

16. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

A little pressure for ISI guys... :rolleyes:

17. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Those guys at iRacing are too lazy to put in AI and they're a strictly online service that charges a recurring fee just to be able to keep your car setups.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The recent iRacing 2.0 tire model comparison video is the best... And that is sarcasm. You can't judge a tire model by watching two different cars of similar types driven by HUMANS drive around the same track and watch the steering wheel turn.

They would need AI and crazy graphs to show a difference.

19. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I expected an announcement about the release date by now. :(

20. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

+1

I hope that it's just silence before the storm though. I'd really love to see rFactor2 to be released in 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.