rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I think it will be the most realistic model available and yeah this will improve drifting as well.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a workaround, but I've used the elapsed session time to 'detect' track reloads for a telemetry plugin.

And I second your suggestion on being able to run admin commands (on a server) via the plugin interface. As you say, doing a GUI workaround can be problematic.

Access to some of the car parameters would be useful, though in rF1 it would probably be used more for custom FFB that hopefully (fingers crossed) won't be called for as much in rF2 - though, let's be honest, there'll be the usual hundred opinions on how it 'should' feel.

Brake wear? Yes, useful, I'm grabbing this from memory for telemetry. Engine wear? Absolute (including variability)? I sincerely hope not... engine failures are an important part of racing, already made a little less interesting by the plugins showing calculated engine wear (though thankfully not taking variability into account). Allow access to that data and we might as well just turn off engine failures.

Think you mean scoringinfo here? I'm not sure actual scoring info needs to be refreshed more often; perhaps some of the values present (or requested) could be moved to teleminfo instead, where appropriate.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You can easily calculate it by yourself, storing sector times of just completed best lap.

4. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

I already calculate it on completed lap, but results are OK if I'm offLine or I'm in a Online Session from beginning or a Session is restarted.

But If I enter on a started OnLine Session, rFactor doesn't pass all infos about previous laps of all drivers before I was connected, it stores only BEST Lap Time, not sectors Time.

Ex.
    Driver: Fazerbox
    BEST LAP: 1.23.345
    Best Sector1: -1
    Best Sector2: -1

So I can't calculate Sector Time splitting ( I mean GAPs ).

I have to wait a driver does a BEST Time again.

Regards,
    Max.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
  5. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Yes, I mean ScoringInfo.
    In my MapPlugin Or GID, If I don't try to predict Cars position, You see cars jumping every 0.5 s, because Scoring Structure is refreshed about every 0.5s.
    Naturally prediction is not perfect, so you see cars see small jump every 0.5s.
    This is not I problem for my cars because car position s stored in Telemetry structure that is refreshed in realtime.

I know I can read cars position from memory without using Scoring Structure, but this changes every time you have an rFactor Upgrade or may depends on PC.

Max.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes. You are right.
    I wrote it regarding use with dedicated server.
    So, what you suggest looks useful indeed.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

i thoroughly enjoy rfactor and will probably purchase rf2 when there is more content than the original release and i hope i can purchase it on dvd and not just electronically!.

i have a query for the developers though. i am a gamepad user, i dont care how great using a wheel is and am sick of people saying i should be using a wheel, if i dont want to then i won't. will gamepads be better supported in rf2? in car steering wheels are turning left and right to full lock even with minimal input, will we get more progressive inputs?

the other thing is will rf2 have better arms? in rf steering wheels either turn without arms or turn with arms and the arms go through the car. some arms dont match up with bodies etc. i'm not sure if this is a mod or game issue but considering much older games than rf have good simulation of arms then i bloody well hope rf2 can! these are really my only gripes from rf, everything else is pretty sweet!

cheers

f1aussie

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

ever thought about to adjust digital input settings?
    Digital sensitive steering, i have to look into, but i am sure you can adjust your digital inputs in rf1

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No, not digital! That's for keyboard... F1Aussie, you should tweak analog input settings (I assume you use analog mini-joysticks on your pad) and you have such options already in rF 1.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+1000

+1000

11. satrain18

satrain18 Registered

Will there be any decent true-to-life 3-wide starts like in the Indy 500?

12. Rasmo

Rasmo Registered

One thing I would like to see is the ability to use tires from previous race, i.e already worn. This would mean you have a set number of allowed tires to use over a weekend, and would also mean you are able to practice for the last phase of a race as well.

It's looking good so far though. :)

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi LesIU

yeah i have tweaked controller settings and car files to make steering good with the pad, i actually use the dpad to steer

14. dragon

dragon Registered

Will there be any animation to create the setup car? Can we test the changes to the settings through the crossings AI, and whether it is trustworthy information?

15. rer8

rer8 Registered

Tim,
    Thank you for this information. Just to be clear, I presently am able to set up an online race, with or without a password, and invite a group of drivers to join me in an evening of racing. Will I be able to do that in rF2?
    Respectfully,
    Randy

16. JorgeANeto

JorgeANeto Registered

Sorry, but we need. Unfortunately it seems one multiclass category is not coming with RF2.

17. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

I didn't found answers for this post so to remind it and little comment

2. 3xYes, so if you change seat position you can have mirrors properly. Also some mods have side mirrors where you can see only safety barriers and some grass. If mirrors are mapped to see more back, than with visible vehicle parts in mirrors turned on they obscures the full view to the back.

3. http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/02/007paganizondar.jpg ? so allow to build a set of two springs with different characteristics arranged in series.

4. New Ford Fiesta (RS?) have a RevoKnuckle http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/journal-wp-content//uploads/2009/02/revoknuckle.jpg , similar to McPherson but different :) When you turn the wheels dumper and spring doesn't turn

9. + front and rear fog lights :), and indicators for those lights on dashboard/buttons (warning lights)

Also available different differentials, ie Torsen distribute more torque to the wheel or axle with more grip.

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

where do u get info (data) for tyre model? a u testing real tyres, their behavior? (isi does). The tyre model will continue to develop after rf2 finished and be implemented as a patch for game?

19. DeDios

DeDios Registered

why? for to have same cars? i don't see any reason sorry.

20. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Hi,

I would like to see a small change in "struct VehicleScoringInfo".

I think it should be usefull to have a unique numeric ID for each driver and not only name and car. When you play offline, many times you have many drivers with same name and same car, so in VehicleScoringInfo you haven't an handle to undestand for example when a driver gains or loose position in grid.

Max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.