rFactor 2 crashes in Sebring Formation Lap

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sid1968, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Hello,

rFactor 2 runs on my system without problems...normally. On the new Sebring Track its different.
    I can run trainings without any problem as long as i want, but every time i run the Formation Lap the program closes itself and rFactor 2 - Launcher opens. Sometimes it crashes just a few seconds after the start, sometimes after the leading car has made the first round. I tried it with differnt cars, with different weather conditions... every time i get a crash. I tried to skip the Formation Lap with the Spacebar with the result, that when the race starts rFactor 2 crashes immediatly.

I cleaned the shaders without success and then made a complete new installation with rFactor 2, but the problem on Sebring is the same. :-(

Again... i have this problem only with Sebring. BTW i like that Track.

My system is a Ryzen 7 with 32 GB DDR4 and a MSI Radeon R9 390 GAMING 8G with newest drivers. rFactor 2 runs from a 1 Gigabyte SSD.

Kind Regards
    Sid

EDIT on 08/03/2018:
    To save you time i will post here the always latest version of "DeutschCoU".

Installation:
    Copy "DeutschCoU.dic" into the folder "...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Languages" and choose "DeutschCoU" in rF2-Launcher "Videosettings" and "DevMode Video Settings" as Language".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Hi folks,

i could solve that problem today.

Since I am a german, i used first the standard german language file and choosed "Deutsch" in the rFactor 2 - Launcher. Unfortunately this language file is from such a poor quality, that i choosed a german language mod form a very good quality. After modding rFactor 2 i could choose "DeutschC" instead of "Deutsch".

As i just found out causes this mod the crashes. I used it with JSGME-Modmanager so it was easy deinstalled.

I beg the Developer to roll out a german language file for rFactor 2 in the near future, which is a real use for the german community.

Kind Regards
    Sid

bwana, kimbo and WiZPER like this.
  3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Good on you to report a follow up after having your ussue resolved (y)

bwana likes this.
  4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Sid1968 Hello Sid, can you please upload a trace file from when the game crashes?
    The DeutschC language file is a modification from the original one.
    The modification was made by chris (redapg) and i have also added a few things.
    Here is the thread where i offer it in this forum (just to be sure that we talk about the same file):
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/deutsche-Übersetzung.54089/
    To be honest, i doubt that the language file is the reason for the crashes, if it happens on sebring only.
    And that the game crashes on sebring, when the formation lap starts, have been reported from others also, where i don't think that they use the DeutschC language file.

5. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Hello Bernd,
    iam very new in the SimRacing Community so i dont know how to make a trace file or what a trace file is.

I can only tell you that i have absolutelty no problems since i run rFactor 2 without the language file. I use some mods in JSGME-Modmanager and i tested each of them. Thats all i can say. Maybe you want to try it by yourself. Its the file from your link. Maybe the file must get a change. Would be great if it runs errorfree.

Kind Regards
    Sid

6. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

To be absoluty sure i just tested it again with the linked file. It crashes again. I startet rFactor with

"...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe" trace=4

to get a trace file. In my log folder is no trace.log but some TTF and OTF Files and a Steam Plugin.log that says
    "[Thu Aug 02 11:10:43 2018] Starting new log file."

Kind Regards
    Sid

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Hello Sid, there are no files like 'trace_2018_08_01_03_24_22-71.txt' in the log folder, when you start the rfactor2.exe with the parameter 'trace=4' and start and leave the single player then?

I did not buy sebring, so i can not test it, sorry.
    But i can maybe see in the trace file, if there is a problem with the language file.

And i don't understand why you use a tool (JSGME-Modmanager) to 'install' the language file.
    The file just has to be put into the folder 'Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Languages', that's all.
    I don't know JSGME-Modmanager, but to get the language file into the game, you definately don't need it. :)

8. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Hello Bernd,

all my mods are managed succefull with the Modmanager. Since i can select "DeutschC" in the Options of the rFactor-Launcher its installed correct. Maybe you should buy the great map Sebring for testing and for having fun.

No there is no such logfile. The game crashes. The screens shuts down. So i guess that the program has no time to save such logfile.

Kind Regards
    Sid

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The game creates the file in the moment when you start the single player, so it has to be there as long as the trace command gets called correctly.
    That the game crashes don't matters.
    That is the sense of the trace file, to eventually find reasons for gamecrashes.
    So if it wouldn't get created if the game crashes, it would not make sense at all.

When you start rfactor2 over the shortcut where you have added the trace=4 parameter, steam should ask you, if you want to start rfactor2 with that parameter.
    Does that happen?

And please check if the file DeutschC.dic is in the folder 'Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Languages'.

10. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Again. DeutschC is installed correctly.
    Yes i get this question.

Kind Regards
    Sid

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If you confirm the question and start the single player, the trace file should be there.
    But it maybe can be a problem caused by windows user rights.
    Please try it with running rfactor2 as administrator.

12. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

Startet as an admin. Game crashes. In the folder "...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log" is no such logfile.
    I tried logging without "DeutschC". Everything runs fine, but here too is no logfile.
    Maybe another member can verify that problem, with "DeutschC".

Kind Regards
    Sid

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

It's a bit strange that you get no trace file.
    Please make a last try.
    Open steam and run the rfactor2 launcher.
    Click on the gear on the left (the orange symbol).
    Then click on Single Player on it's right, that it gets highlighted.
    Write trace=3 into the field under Single Player and then press the button 'save' at the end of the field.
    Then start the Single Player by clicking on the single helmet symbol on the left.
    If you still get no trace file created, there is something wrong.
    Maybe your Windows has created another Userdata folder, where the trace gets written, somewhere or whatever.

And to make my point of view, that i doubt that the language file causes the crashes, a bit more clear, i want to say that, if the Deutsch.dic file is the problem, the crashes should happen with all other tracks also.
    But you have said that it happens on sebring only.
    So a trace file can give a first hint what the problem is.
    And sorry that i can not test it here on my machine.
    But i have my reasons why i didn't purchase sebring, but they don't belong here.
    But if you want to help to figure it out what the reason for the problem is, we can use the private conversation function and speak german. ;)

Unbenannt-2.jpg

14. Sid1968

Sid1968 Registered

That worked.

First logfile is with "DeutschC" and a Crash. The Crash happens when the Formation lap was done, the Leadingcar drove into box and the race should just begin. Short before on the Screen "Green Flag!" normally appears.

Second logfile is with the standard "Deutsch" without a Crash. I drove one Formation Lap and two Laps for Race and then retourned to Pit.

I only changed my name in the logfiles to "XXXXX XXXXX".

Kind Regards
    Sid

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  15. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Thank you for the files.
    I will open a conversation, because it's easier to talk in german language.
    But if the problem is caused by the language file and i can find out what exactly the reason is, i will post the solution here.

16. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi.
    I am using the German language file, too. No problems at Sebring.
    Glad you fixed the problem.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Nitrometh just to be clear, do you mean the DeutschC one talked about, or the normal Deutsch one?

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know how or why it would only happen at Sebring (or Sebring would be one of the few tracks it happens, let's say, because probably not all tracks have been tested), but I wonder if it's related to this:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....onnect-on-formation-lap-3x.60411/#post-949833

I can't remember whether I saw a fix for this or not. Note that appears to be rolling start only? (obviously being a complete language file, it could be user-setting-specific as well, for example the Spotter setting might mean Sid is seeing a message someone else doesn't)

Anyway, the original Deutsch.dic file doesn't have a ß in it.

Start/formation/rolling related messages I can see with it are "Please Catch Up To" and "Time until pit closes"

19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I mean the DeutschC.dic

20. Bernd

Bernd Registered

After i have compared the 2 trace files, i have only seen 1 possible Reason for the game crashing with the DeutschC language file, even if it would be strange if that is the problem.
    The last line in the trace file from when the game crashed is
    387.21s steward.cpp 939: lane=4 pos=12 id=25 reldist=5284m name=Mattias Ekström tl=0 ld=5283.6 rel=0
    And as @Lazza has supposed already, it can be a problem with 'special' german characters, in this case the 'ö' in Ekström.
    But that would be strange also, because the name Ekström shows up several times in the trace file, before that last line.
    I can not test it, because i have not purchased sebring, i have asked Sid if he can try it out with the DeutschC language file and sebring, but with the formula renault 3.5.
    After that test and if it don't crashes with that combination, i will 'just' to have to find out why it crashes with the DeutschC, but not with the Deutsch language file, because both have 'ö' in it.
    If it still crashes with that combination, it will be difficult to find the reason.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018