rfactor 2 crashes after clicking race

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dylan Kesting, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Dylan Kesting

Dylan Kesting Registered

when i click race in game and the track loads up it crashes i just downloaded rfactor 2

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are you using any third party overclocking software? There was an issue before like that.

3. Dylan Kesting

Dylan Kesting Registered

No I’m not

4. Coutie

Can you post your computer specs?

5. Joshua

Joshua Registered

i have exactly the same issue. as soon as i press race, no matter what car or track, the game crashes and returns to start up window.

6. Coutie

So the track loads completely? If you get that far, it's probably a plug-in crashing the game.

7. Joshua

Joshua Registered

its after ive chosen all my options and cars, load in until im in lobby or in the pit garage, go to drive and it crashes then. any idea what plug in it is or is it an uninstall and reinstall job?

8. Coutie

Anything that draws something on the screen, like track map.

9. Dylan Kesting

Dylan Kesting Registered

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Dylan Kesting Can you post your PC specs? Also can you specify exactly when it crashes - at the end of the track loading screen? Joshua above gets to the garage, I think it's a different stage to yours (easy to get confused, especially when a second person jumps in).

11. Schumi

Schumi Registered

I've seen something like this in DevMode, when there were no TGM files

12. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I had a similar problem a while back with the Road America track the Digga Senorman version. If I selected more than 30 AI cars it would crash back to launcher screen but selecting 30 AI cars, it would start and run fine. This may not be you problem but I thought I would suggest it just in case. It would be worth trying another track. Best of luck.

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I had this issue once; I tested in 32-bit mode and it worked fine, back to 64-bit and it would crash during track-loading 100% of the time. In the end, it was my Fanatec shifter that was causing it somehow; if I unplugged it, no problem. After updating the Fanatec driver and Firmware / USB adapter, it was finally solved. No other title had the same issue so it's possible for controller issues to cause lockups or crashes in certain cases.

14. catsprint7

catsprint7 Registered

I'm having the same issue, track loads ok and then when the screen displays the car in the pit garage with the 'Race' option to click, nothing happens and after about 5 to 10 seconds it crashes back to the launch screen.
    Now...this only happens on the single player mode, ie my PC.
    When playing in multi player mode, someone else's server, everything loads and plays ok.

Anyone any ideas please?

15. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

I´ve got and solved same problem. Tried to change AA in game and restart it but did not raced after that. Next day by clicking race in the lobby, rF2 crashed after loading cars and track.
    I solved it, as i deleted the "Config_DX11" in UserData. rF2 created some new and the sim went into the UI and i could race again.

DrivingFast likes this.
  16. catsprint7

catsprint7 Registered

Dobbie, thank you for your reply. I did as you suggested and it worked :) but when I logged out and logged back in I had the same issue as before so I did as you suggested again and again it worked.
    The question is, how did I somehow remain the stability of the Config_DX11 file?
    Once again thank you.

Dobbie likes this.
  17. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi,

can´t give you further concrete advises :(. Since i´ve deleted my crashed DX11-file, my rF2 started without further issues.
    Maybe rename the player.json in player_old.json and start rF2. It will be create some new *.json-file. In it are some grafic informations too. It´s only an simple try, because sometimes this file seems to be broke up the sim.
    If this solve your problem, you have to make some settings for controller etc. new, or copy this parts out of the *old.json-file. Otherwise, if rF2 would nevertheless not start, you can simple delete the new player.json and rename the player_old.json into player.json and you were as fas as before with all settings.

But maybe you can see the difference between the old DX11-file and the new one created by rF2?! Simple open both with Editor and have an look, if you can recognize some differences and you find hints, what could make trouble...

Good luck ;)

18. catsprint7

catsprint7 Registered

Dobbie, thanks for your suggestions, I'll give them a try.

Thanks for your help.