SOLVED rFactor 2 crashes after clicking Race in multiplayer only

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Felix Schendel, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Hi S397 Team,

I have the problem that on some tracks rFactor crashes as soon as I click the Race button after I have joined a multiplayer session. This only happens to some tracks and only in multiplayer session when I have joined a server. After the crash, I have to retry the join process for 2 or in extreme cases 10 times till I can hit the race button without a crash.

I have heard that this is a well-known problem. So what kind of data do I need to provide that you can fix this issue? Unfortunately, the new "crash" logging system didn't record any data for me when I have faced this problem.

Thanks for your help and work.

mister dog likes this.
  2. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

me too

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Well, what tracks crash?

4. Felix Schendel

At the moment Silverstone and Nola. Bevor I have reinstalled rFactor Sebring crashed. At the moment Sebring works. So I think it's not track related. I have made a complete reinstall and also deleted the UserData folder.

Thanks for your help.

5. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Many of us had this issue as well when we organized a GT3 race at Mid Ohio. It affected half of the users, somehow one car did work for me (the Bentley), so I stuck with that for the race. We tried almost everything there is to troubleshoot and couldn't resolve it.

Now our GT3 races work good but there's still the occasional person that presses 'race' and gets disconnected again.

6. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

^^^One of which is me that mister dog refers to. Same problem as Fexee. It happens on MOST servers. Doesn't matter if server is passworded or uses third-party or S397/ISI content. One server that does allow me in is one running F3 at Lime Rock. I have I7-6700K, 16 GB RAM, 1080ti, latest drivers, good internet connection. Single player runs flawlessly. Also have verified files twice through Steam and deleted UserData directory to re-acquire content. No change. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  7. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Good news, Bo managed to get in our server this evening after the latest update whilst he always had the crash before.
    If it occurs again we will report back but seems the update might have fixed the crashes.

8. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

I've managed to connect successfully with at least 4 servers that were kicking me out, all with various content, and both passworded and public. I'll rest easy until the next S397 update! Cheers, and thanks to Chris Elliott and the S397 staff!

9. Felix Schendel

Thanks for the last update S397. This solved the problem for me. No more crashes in multiplayer so far.