rFactor 2 Car Setups

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by B1K3R, Aug 31, 2012.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Fisi - indy 500

Another of Hectari's fine setups.

If you FISI rookie you be doing 41's on this in no time and lapping like a Pro.

Don't forget to set Rear flap button ( DRS )

DRS off for first lap and pit in and out is a good idea.

Rooms up tonight.

Anyone can host more then 8 I like to see big room of these up tonight.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Without setting up a button for DRS I was doing 0:41:505 with that setup DD. I guess I should map the DRS and see what happens. :)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

DRS is worth .4 :)

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Any Skip Barber setup for Lime Rock?
    Just want to know if it's possible to get rid of the extreme oversteer when entering corner (especially the very first turn...). I try to not lift off throttle too much but the first turn is completely impossible. I have yet not been able to drive through that corner without going completely sideways and leaving huge cloud of tire smoke behind me :confused:

This car totally ruins my confidece. I think I'll get back into Brabham or Spark F1. Much easier... somehow :confused:

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

first you need to worm the tires up,no need to run quali speed first two,three laps :) (like with most of cars).
    the things you need to adjust in setup to lower oversteer is to
    decrease rear anti roll bar,
    decrease rear ride height(or increase front),
    decrease rear tire pressure(or increase front)
    this car dont have much options to adjust so mostly you play with this options.
    hope it helps
    cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Brake earlier :)

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yes brake earlier but just to make sure your brake temp are ok first lap.or warm them up in the first longer straight on the track to make sure they work good.you can change brake bias to front more if helps...

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, also practice different ways of releasing the brakes :). Quiet though, its one of my secrets, dont tell people! How brakes are released is more important than people think :).

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anybody ;)

Also, at first, dont trail brake, on initial turn in get off brake and use little throttle, mostly constant throttle (not increasing or decreasing), in order to transfer weight to rear and plant it down. Get it settled, make the car happy :), it makes you happy :).

Then as you get more comfortable, and your limits go higher, you slowly learn where, and how you can apply more and more trail braking, and therefore less or later constant throttle to plant rear.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. Once you start getting faster and more confident, if you do not brake enough, you have a risk (especially when you start lapping faster and faster) to get understeer on entry to mid corner (if you make it to the mid corner haha). That is why, once you are lapping faster, you must make sure to brake enough in order to get back end to come around slightly on turn in and carry that very slight drift all the way until around apex, that is how you get the maximum time from these cars. This is a general rule, of course some corners require different techniques.

Now....... I am sorry guys, but I must admit, i havent tried the new skippy yet, I am just going by my real life experience, hopefully this all translates well to the RF2 version.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  9. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

@ Hedlund_90

To make this little beast a little more stable in the turn entry, i would first...

- decrease Steering Range

- decrease Caster
    - decrease Front Toe-In

But as already posted, the Skip Barber requires a bit of sensitivity

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

What would help the most if it were adjustable, and I have not looked to see if it is, would be to stiffen both front and rear springs to tame the brake or throttle off over steer as well as the throttle on under steer.

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

is it right that shocks/dampers are fitted with non-removable packers?
    always thought they were an option.

12. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Switching to Nationals makes a big difference. You get 'slicks' :)

13. koabi

koabi Registered

was worth ~4 seconds for me. I was wondering how to gain that much time :)

14. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

Skip Barber setup. Good for low 56's at Lime Rock and stable. Just increase front ride height if you wish for more understeer.

Attached Files:

15. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

The key with the Skippy is being very mindful of weight transfer and how your inputs change it... Its super easy to lose sight of what we're asking the car to do when you're not actually sitting in it (hence some of the whining/moaning about handling and physics).

16. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

My setup came out quite a bit more oversteery than yours, and could do low 56's. With yours though I managed a 55.8, with a low 56 being easy.
    nice stuff man

18. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Nice time Minibull, I broke into the 56's last night for the first time, a 56.660 with this setup all but a little modified as i find it a bit too understeery for me.

I was in the race last night when the pace car glitched and ran over you, I was in P2 for that one.

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hahaha, I have no idea what happened there. Managed to almost catch up you and the other guy upfront before the race restarted

Nice time man, such a great feeling to break into a lower second laptimes :D

One thing on skippy setups though...they are very limited, and I wonder if most of the laptime comes from just the driving and track learning.
    I have the setup I posted about above, which I tweaked a bit the ARB, pressures, brakes, ride height, etc. I also have a setup given to me by speedy84 last night.

Just been trying speedy84's setup today, and I managed a 55:863, compared to a 55:860 with my previous setups. Consistent low 56's with both too.

Point of this is that the two setups are so massively different. My one has very little camber (in the 0.5 range...), speedys has 2.5 odd degrees. 10nm difference on the ARB, pressures that are different by 3 odd PSI, very different front ride heights. Etc etc.

Just seems like its the driving that makes the difference. Maybe the tyre wear with one is much crazier, but then I seem to have no issues in the short races, and I haven't seen any long races.

20. Spiel

Spiel Registered

Car: ISI Formula Masters
    Mod Version: Build 134
    Track: Malaysian Full Loop
    Best Time: 1:35,482
    File: View attachment 5279