rFactor 2 Car Setups

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by B1K3R, Aug 31, 2012.

1. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Im still just using Whykonen's setup just with some adjustments on wings, I have a couple of setups I got online not sure if I can really share them but I will do some comparing against them and see what the differences are. But the 2 I got have terrible FFB feel so I wouldnt be driving them but the setup by Whykonen is good for times within 1.5 to 2 seconds of the Aliens by me others may get closer and I will see if I can find some tweaks between the 2 when I get some more time to run some laps. The FPS were also playing up on the server a little so it wasn't as easy to drive as when I have a full field of AI.

The AI I have noticed at this track and many others get slower as the track rubbers up, if you restart the race or session each time they will be a little slower, too much rubber and they have big issues in sections like the last corner but thats going by the f3.5 as I have only done a few short races with AI on the track so far in the F2's and never with very high grip levels mostly just ran some practice laps to test the tyre wear issues.

To get the best out of them race them on a green track or just do a short Qualy and then race but I prefer to start at or near the back and not blast past everyone through the first 2 turns, then pick my way through them but its not too hard when your a second a lap or more quicker.

Laptime wise its hard to say as track conditions make a huge difference I matched my best no chicane lap with a chicane lap to within a couple tenths on an online server that had more rubber then I thought was possible. So in those conditions no chicane I would have been around low 1:09s with no chicane on a fully green track a 1:12 is pretty good and actually more fun as the car is a bit more of a handful.

2. Thanks for the information! ;)

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

4. artonsennathebest

artonsennathebest Registered

the setup is ok, but nothing special.
    Why is good especially for sebring?

But very good driving!

5. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

dunno but it felt better than the default setup.

6. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Car: FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B (mod version 1.0)
    Track: Palm Beach International (mod version 1.1)
    Best time: 1:03,009
    Notes: Used steering settings (Logitech G27); in-game steering wheel range 370 deg, vehicle set OFF and steering lock 20,7 deg = steering ratio 9:1. Car specific FFB multiplier 1.24, steering torque filter 4, off-road multiplier 0.00500, steering resistance type 1. Logitech profiler settings; overall effects strength 107%, spring & damper effects strength 100%, enable centering spring ON, centering spring strength 0, report combined pedals OFF, degrees of rotation 900°, allow game to adjust settings ON. Used video settings; Sync: Software
    Game Build: 107
    File: \rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Palmbeachrc\ View attachment 4175

http://youtu.be/S-r5c6o1CZc?hd=1
    http://youtu.be/jzoXYdw9c18?hd=1

Quite clean lap I think. Somehow looks lot easier in video than it is to drive. :) Maybe one reason is you don't hear tires scrubbing throughout corners (bug maybe?). I think with FIA F2 you have to be aggressive and smooth at the same time which is obviously very hard thing to do.

Setup was created in odd way. First with default setup I couldn't go under 1:05 no matter what or how hard I tried. Some guys were going under 1:04 so I was sure it had to be the car. So I asked for setups from two or three faster guys and tried them out. Then I combined what I felt were the best parts and fine-tuned brake balance, rear rollbar and wings so that balance felt right. Oh, and also applied camber settings -2,1 front and -1,5 rear which were suggested at forums. I believe the result is fast and balanced setup which also makes the car quite easy to handle.

Sorry about the crappy quality but can't help since Youtube tunes them down (720p is quite OK but framerate has been lowered to 30). I can upload original files (AVCHD 1280x720 / 60 frames per second, 190 MB each) if someone knows good (and free) place for sharing.

Have fun! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
  7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Appreciate that setup Keikei, it does seem to help my times a little at PBR. More than anything I need to put more time on the track to get familiar with it with these cars as I am way off the pace right now. With your setup, that will become a lot easier. :)

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Brake Sensitivity="1.00000" // vehicle. The vehicle itself may have non-linear effects (examples include Ackerman steering)

Can anyone tell me why Ackerman Steering would affect the brakes. I was taught that the Ackerman principle was to determine the Steering Arm angles required to get the 2 different radii for the front wheels to roll correctly in a turn?

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The only place I know of that Ackerman Steering would have an effect on braking is during turns where the outside tire is rotating faster than the inside one. The differential in speed would require that different pressures be applied to each wheel in order to achieve the same brake force on either wheel. I don't think there is a working system for this on any vehicle at the present.

10. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Wow I never expected people to use and like the F2 setup. I was pretty unsure about it being good or not, but for this one i decided to sit 6 hours straight until I would be happy. For me, a setup has to be stable. Being 1 second faster is good, but one spin is 7 seconds in a race.

11. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

me 2

12. goerekt

goerekt Registered

Car: Clio Cup
    Track: Metropark Inner Loop C
    Best time: 1:16.8xx
    Game Build: 118
    Notes: works for me on nearly every track

13. romoni

romoni Registered

georekt - thank You very much. Nice setup althought I can't get as well lap time as You but a practise will make a champpion :)

14. babu76

babu76 Registered

Anyone have a decent setup for Mid-ohio with the FR 3.5??
    Thanks in advance...:)

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I would like to know wich parameters to play with to make the Spark more friendly when drifting through corners. It's no secret this car looses the rear easily, and often it's the fastest way trough the corner because the front tires may understeer if you don't slide with the rear. Problem is that it often end up with a slide that is impossible to correct. It feels like the rear "sucks" into the ground at the same time as it's sliding, and I steer as much as I can in the opposite direction but nothing helps. The car will continue sliding until it has stopped, no matter if I brake, give throttle or ram the clutch.

I find that default setup is best, with only very small adjustments like steering lock, fuel, brake bias and power, and just leave everything else almost untouched. The car is easy to slide through corners but I can't compete with my own very fastest laps that I've done earlier. 1:25 is my record at Mid Ohio with Spark, but now I can't complete a single lap with that old setup. With a setup near default I can barely get under 1:27.

Any tip to avoid this "impossible-to-correct-the-slide" but still be fast? I'm no expert but no beginner either at setups. I've been playing around with setups but have hard to find one.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Weird, im not sure about the setups, but I can slide the rear and correct just fine. Maybe you slide it with throttle absolutely pinned down and never try to modulate it or something? Im not sure, it seems fine to me.

The car is handfull though, especially when getting close to your limits, thats for sure lol.

Remember, tyre model/physics seem to change in most, maybe all builds, so lap times may not be always the same. Plus realroad physics change too.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

BT20 Indianapolis

This setup I got from killerwatt in my room.
    Easy to drive for any rookies having trouble coming to grips.

PB not tow 56.1 Hectari 55.9
    Frans and DJCruicky said it was nice and that is good enough for me.

Having a break from *Making RR and want to put this up today if anyone is interested.
    Rookie training available.

30m Practice
    10m qual
    20m races ( 20 laps )

Indy is a wonderful walk back in time with the BT20, sliding out to the walls, the wind, immersion, fantastic.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks for that DD, will give it a run in the next day or so to see how it feels. Hope I can get near your PB, ;)

19. rer8

rer8 Registered

www.corsaracecar.co.uk/pdfs/suspensionSetUp.pdf

Not long ago I was struggling in getting one of the 60's cars to corner properly... my problem was as I added power to improve corner exit speed, I found that the car had significant over-steer tendencies. Thinking about the instructions from "SGT Arno" (GPL), I begin to think about the foundation of how the car handles. Since suspension is that foundation I went looking for a definitive answer. One of the articles I found was the pdf file that was included in the above link. It offers a very nice "if this/then diagram for both over-steer and under-steer issues. I found my answers there and in Carl Lopez's excellent book Going Faster. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Here is Hectari's new one ( Hectari new Set.svm ) and a few others.

We both did 55.8 no tow with it.

edit: H lowered room record to 55.7

I going to ban him from practice sessions............... lopl

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012