rFactor 2 Build 946 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This blocks i noticed on rain spray, too.

2. rafnix

rafnix Registered

Hardly notice any improvement graphics wise, maxed out before and after. Might be it's just academical values.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

4. rhamm

rhamm Registered

If they'd removed it without showing people how bad the game looks with it people would have complained about them just suddenly removing the feature those people used without those people seeing the reason. In other words, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

5. kevib1

kevib1 Registered

Well thank you for completely changing my plans for the Easter break. My misses may not be so complementary!! :)
    This build looks fantastic and is running much smoother pegged at the 65 fps I have the game locked at.

6. bwana

bwana Registered

7. coops

coops Banned

deleted shaders cbash and results no more freezing or black screen. graphics look a lot better. Fps still dwn a bit might try downloading new lite version or deleting plr file. which 1 you suggest ?

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Delete existing, let the game rebuild

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Anyone else notice the mirrors are higher res?

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, FINALLY!!! Been waiting since Day 1 of rF2 for that.

However, still not obvious if it can be adjusted, or not. And it should be adjustable for performance reasons.

Heat haze bug/balloons/bubbles still there in the rearview mirror, even when it is not present in the normal views.

And, I would assume a small performance drop all else being equal because of this.

11. rer8

rer8 Registered

I was surprised and very happy to find that I can now manage the install of ISSI and third party files from within the launcher. Most excellent. Thank you very much ISSI.

12. coops

coops Banned

Fresh lite install everything working perfect now fps fine no freeze up's or black screen. Forgot to keep setups oh well make them again.

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I run my 3 x 24in screens at 4800 x 900 with HDR and FXAA , 3x aa and Multiview all ticked. Before with 930, in car view was weird on side monitors ( obviously not all mods the same ) and replay screen in standings window was all screwed up but fullscreen was ok. Now Multiview is fantastic!!, I cant say how much better it is, it really is almost like being in a car. I don't need to press button to get the full left or right window effect, now just have to look at either screen to be looking out the window.

This may sound funny to someone with 3 screens but the new build is so much better for me.
    Also, when I went into the tuning screen after selecting a car in 930, the garage was very bright and it was hard to see the back button, with new build it has changed completely, back button shows up straight away and the cars look so much better.

With the Apex 854 or the URD AM, incar views through the windscreen is crystal clear so for the guys having dark screens in car, it must be some setting that is different to mine.

On track, there is a world of difference to the way the game looks ( to me anyway ) so much better and clearer, there can't be anything to complain about now compared to the other games surely!
    Fantastic work with this build ISI.

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

"multiview optimizations" - indeed!!

Finally able to run MultiView+HDR, even at higher detail-settings - major step forward :cool:

- still recommend using MaxFramerate at 60, though

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Build 946 impressions:

- good graphics, no need to have legacy hdr profiles any more.
    - solved problem of UI with windows fonts greater than 100 % (tested at 125%).
    - solved freeze in instant replay.

No problems found at the moment, would recommend it's buy to anyone.

Thanks ISI.

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I agree. Not nearly enough reaction to this. I believe it is a great step in usability and polish.

17. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Again about mod manager. There really isn't good reasons, advance mod manager button was removed. This is step back in wrong way in view of UI usability. Bring it back. And "Local Content" has to little information. With the way it is now in "easy mod manager", there will be unbelivable hard to find some mods, specially those, that has through mod manager different names than it is the name of their .rfcmp file in package folder and you can literally lose 5-10 min to find it, if there are not available other searching attributes. Sometimes you find it quick by author names, sometimes with file size, even date is many times valuable information, when you have a lot of different versions of same mod. Modding scene is not something, with very strict rules, so modders have own style how to distrubute own work. So is just an unfortunate case with rfactor 2 moding scene, that we can't get away with less informations. So we need valuable informations about mods as much as can, with as little as possible clicks. And modmgr.exe somewhere in bin 32 folder isn't case of that. And "easy front page view" in many cases will not be that, "easy". It will be nightmare :).

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Having said the above I also agree with others regarding the mod manager button needs to be put back also as long as that tool is necessary for common tasks.

19. emha76

emha76 Registered

Maybe different font colours (mod,car,track) is the solution?

20. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

When I try to download packages with the launcher it says failed verification. I only have this for modded content, isi content doesn't give this error. Any solutions for it?