rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks :) Mirrors working fine now. Data path is correct (on old install) but still getting error. All OK now with new install. Thanks again.

2. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

New UI is pretty sweet. Nice work guys.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

After reading that a new build is available and fortunately some time too here my short feedback.
    (of course 50 min are not enough it's more a first look and feel impression)

- Auto update successfully finished without any "anomalies" .
    - New UI. Finally the target straight is in sight :). I really like the schema of the Setup (Garage) area. The area for the session settings (weather and practice, qualy ,race ...) especially the weather settings have still some potential.
    The track load screen looks now much more dated as before that says me I like the new UI .
    - I did 30 min race with 29 AI the Apex F"AGT3 Mod on 12h Sebring with changing weather (from light rain over to cloudy to sunny) at 09:30 with 3x time accelerating. Settings: Multiview, FXAA, HDR, 8 x ingame MSAA all other gfx effects
    and options maxed out or switched on except shadows (high) and shadow blur (optimal) and visible car's set to 12.
    I did it with this combo because for both I know how they feels and therefore it is easier to feel or see different or new things.

I have to say it was a pleasure and I hope it's not a placebo but I think I can feel now a bit more from the tires it's more natural or let me say I can feel the limits now better.
    For an investigation of the other areas the time was to short but the race was good and exciting all things worked as expected and sometimes for a short moment I can feel this specific race atmosphere.

Thanks ISI for this update ! ! Now I'm really looking forward for some rain effects on my windows ;)

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I'm having a small but almost permanent stuttering since this new build. I updated my video card drivers but it's the same. Some guys have the same problem while we are driving at Silverstone with the F92 cars.

BTW: the new "flats" on the tires when you lock, are amazing.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Anyone else getting a big stutter at the beginning of fullscreen replay?

Whether I press R from the track or watch the replay from the garage, there's a huge stutter at the beginning, then smooth as normal.

Changing the line in the player json to record replays to memory doesn't solve it.

Other than that, the build is really nice!

6. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

I'm about to give up completely! Some months back I had an annoying problem that sometimes caused dev mode to load up and give me 1 fps or less. I could live with that, as I just quit and load up again and it would all be fine. SP was always fine. More recently, it got worse, and I was getting as little as 0.2 fps practically every time I loaded dev mode. Today I update to 930 and try SP for the 1st time in a long while and that too now gives me 1 fps and lower with ISI content. With known to be ok 3rd party vehicle and track mods, I managed to load up SP with 35 fps where before, the same configuration was giving me 70 fps. I was lucky that time, as quitting and reloading goes back to 1 fps again.
    I've fiddled with card settings, game settings, stopped processes running, rebooted, reinstalled....1 fps with 99% of load attempts!
    The strangest thing of all, nobody else has this problem?? I would suspect a dodgy gfx card or other piece of hardware, but nothing else is affected!

Also, when it did load with 35 fps, if the car started sliding, everything went into a sort of slo-mo even though the fps still gave 35.

7. TVR_Guy

TVR_Guy Registered

I tried LRP with Honda Civic, NSX1991 and URG-EGT and all vehicles displayed the same video pausing/slow down feature. Running at Sebring and with the new build of Nordschleife2 no problems. Went back to Build 910 and all is good (thanks Valter).

Not sure what the issue is but I'll be staying with 910 until its sorted out.

Thanks.

8. Crankie

Crankie Registered

Doe's note pad open .JSON file. ( multi player ) ?

9. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Any text editor, including Notepad, can open and edit .json files. They are simply text files.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes right click did use Open With...

11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I did a new clean install, I never had legacy HDR enabled and I have the text issue on the menu. I will try the suggested fix and see what happens.

Update; Verified my settings: "Enable Legacy HDR Profiles":false,
    "Enable Legacy HDR Profiles#":"Whether to enable legacy HDR profiles"

What does this mean? "Font scaling seems to also cause this, which we'll have to fix too. In the meantime Windows at 100% works."

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Has the car specific "FFB Multi" setting been removed from at track garage settings? I can't locate it with new UI.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Observation = Video sync no longer eliminates stuttering on GTX 760 but fortunately...

1) disabling video sync
    2) capping framerate
    3) restoring Nvidea 3D settings (version 8.0.790.0 ; driver version 344.48)
    4) rebooting

... appears to do the trick. Interestingly, in the beginning of the first race with this setting the tearing was unbearable in the beginning of the race but virtually disappeared a lap or two into the race. I'll do more testing but is this surprising to anyone that tear would disappear? Maybe it is just moving?

14. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Yes, but they're a lot easier to read and edit with a program such as JSONEdit

15. Crankie

Crankie Registered

Thanks guys much appreciated.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's now called "FFB smoothing".

17. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I see it in the list under "Controls"
    FFB smoothing is also there

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ffb mult. is there under settings/controls.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, microstuttering despite 80+ FPS. Not only flatspots are cool but temporary heat marks too.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nope, FFB smoothing has been in the menu next to FFB multi since many builds ago. They're two different settings.

Bazza, FFB multi was never in the garage/setup screen; it's in the "controls" screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.