RFactor 2 - Build 930 - Dedicated Server - Large orange RACE button does not appear

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by LuizAlmeida, Mar 5, 2015.

1. LuizAlmeida

LuizAlmeida Registered

Hi.

Me and my friends would like to create our own dedicated server/host to play RFactor2 and have fun.
    I followed the instructions of this video but my friends cannot to join in the race after see it published in the multiplayer server list.
    We don't know why this is happen but the large orange race button doesn't appear for them.
    We all have the RFactor2 Build 930.
    I don't know if it is a clue but my "Matcher Status" is "Server Listing Updated". According to this tutorial it should be like this. ("Server added successfully")
    I have the following ports forwarding defined in my router, both TCP and UDP: 443,34297,34447,34447,44297,54297,54397,64297.
    I really appreciate some help.
    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,

Luiz Almeida

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Did you also open the ports in the windows firewall? The other problem people run into sometimes is they for get to put the vmod in the default Packages folder. A lot of people have their ModMgr pointed to a custom Packages folder and think it's fine to have the vmod there but the server only looks in the default Packages folder. Also, if you move the vmod into that folder be sure to then restart the server so it checks again.

What is the name of your server?

3. LuizAlmeida

LuizAlmeida Registered

Hi Noel.

First of all thank you for your reply.
    I've got all ports opened in the windows firewall. I even turn it off during a time.
    You have mentioned vmod file but my generated file is a rfmod file.
    Should be it the problem?
    That rfmod file was created inside the Packages folder (rfactor2/mydata/Packages)
    At this moment I'm out of my house.
    Thank you again.
    Regards,

Luiz Almeida