rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

No point running without HDR either, every track will look completely wrong then (all textures of ISI traks are tuned for HDR). I wouldn't be surprised if no-HDR mode gets dropped in future.

Humidity is a misnamed setting, it took me a year to figure out it actually means "rain intensity". Considering that, it makes sense you can adjust it for different times of race, to simulate variable weather conditions.

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Now, if that is actually true, it would make a whole lot more sense then. Why not just name it freaking "RAIN INTENSITY"? Geez. They may even name it "amount of water falling from the sky" for all I care. Just be clear about it, ISI. Please!

Thanks stonec.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

oh the drama :D

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

humidity means rain density ? ok thanks now I know

( I'll take another look at the rain effects then with humidity turned up )

thanks for help on the HDR thing -I understand it now that we don't need the option of switching between different profiles
    (not that I use that option once the auto profile thing came so that's fine)

p.s re. the new wheel torque option, I'm right for setting it at 15 right ? (the Nm of my wheel )

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Humidity stands for Humidity and it's doing, AFAIK, nothing atm. When full implemented will affects air density and then engines power (as well as the pressure input per altitude). What's affect the rain intensity is the sky preset and the chance projection.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

So what still needs to be done? I give it to you, when set right it looks wonderful. Lacking some gfx effects that could magnify the overall look. However when something's off: time, weather etc it can look a bit well not so good. Even distractingly bad. I feel that you are chasing consistancy so it can look right most of the time rather than some of the time.

I'd love to have proper night driving experience when I don't have many distracting glitches like near black areas turning purple-green, ambient lighting working correctly, lights illuminating things properly and shadows that don't pop up 20 m in front of me as I'm driving. Even more distracting during sunny daytime driving. I know that you are aware of them. It's just list of things that are making my experience within rf2 a bit worse. I still love driving in rf2 a looooooot. It's just many little or bigger things that when they sum up they make it far worse than it should have. I hope you get there one day because it might the end for anything else for me. :D

So to repeat my question: What's your next big (or smaller goals) goal within gfx department? What do you think CAN be done in the near future and you WANT to be done one day. I would be so pleased if you can give it a bit of your time and answer me (and the others that will be very interested in hearing that). Thanks Tuttle, appreciate your responses a lot. :)

7. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Fresh install with this build (1st time since 798) and no issues whatsoever, works perfectly first time. I'm wondering if the mirror/HDR and other problems people are having are due to an over the top install......might be worth trying folks it's only a bit of hard drive space.... :)

Thanks ISI

jr

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've been thinking about doing a completely fresh install as well for a while now. I've actually not done a completely fresh scratch install since summer 2013, just auto updated each build.

It might be good with a completely fresh install. How does that work by the way, regarding registration? Do I just put in my serial key from back when I ordered the sim?

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

cheers for info, I can stop fiddling with it now, gosh sounds great as & when it comes

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks for the info! Really looking forward to it (and I'm sure all modders are too). LRP 2.0 looked already reeaaaallly good from Skippy with build 906. Sure HDR still needs some work 'cause there are at least one strange transition happening during nightfall. Also got bit too much "auto-exposure" when drove Camaro; sky turned into Simpsons look :) which didn't look very realistic anymore. But I'm sure you guys already know all of these.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I believe there was humidity involved at some early builds. Maybe not user definable but remember air becoming more dense when rain was about to start (think it was ISI Spa). It looked quite cool. Or have my memories grown sweeter? :)

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Made a clean install of B906 (problem still there).
    Made a clean install of B880, problem of overexposure disapeared.
    Made a clean install of B906, over exposure back.

But it never hurts to do a clean install.

Thanks.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I had again several crash (window in background so not visible saying "rF2 stopped bla bla") when clicked "Exit Race" button bottom left, 'Quittez la Course" in French, so something "dirty" around this (as I can view replay after this it's possibly not linked with replay).

Also I was affected for the first time by the widescreen-reset-to-zero problem you need to fix manually in config.ini because I made the mistake to change AA settings and click Apply in the display menu.

BTW #1: GTX 970 users: in rF2 Launcher or in game I had 8 different levels of AA with my previous GTX 670, and only have 4 with my new card.
    BTW #2: same very weird problem than with my previous video card: Only the 4th AA Level (and up for the GTX670) can be selected, if I choose below Level 4 it reset to Level 4 unless I choose "None".
    BTW #3: Weirdly, those not selectable AA Levels (1, 2 and 3) are labelled in French : "Niveau" instead of "Level":
    None
    Niveau 1
    Niveau 2
    Niveau 3
    Level 4
    and with GTX 670:
    Level 5
    Level 6
    Level 7
    Level 8 (not sure about this one)

14. tjc

tjc Registered

As I said before Haxa, I`ve done loads of completely fresh rf2 build installs. In fact when a new build comes out I auto update to test that feature, test that for a few hours or a day maybe then do a completely fresh, clean install of the new build removing the previous build completely before hand.

I keep my userdata and packages folders (back them up) and any other folders I deem are needed or wanted then uninstall rf2.

Install the new build. (I install both core and data to the same location, my rf2 folder - build *** - SIMS drive)

Then install the SDK build (dev mode, again to the same location as above) and copy over my userdata and packages. Set up the sim using configure option for screen res etc etc. Install the mods/cars etc through mod manager...

Choose my controller from inside the sim.

Drive. :)

(I know some have their packages folder in a different location and possibly don`t need to back that up and then re-install stuff... they just set the path to it in the UI but I always do it as above. That`s just my personal preference.)

I`m also away from my sim rig/rf2 just now and have been for about a month but from memory that`s how I do it...

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just keep your license files wich are located in .rFactor

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Yes, this also good info but I don`t think you need to worry about those files when just doing a fresh install.

If doing a fresh W7/operating system then yes, you definitely need to back up those .rFactor files. :)

17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Yes - only made a backup once - and since that time never again and installed RF2 everytime a new version released into a new Folder i.e. E:\RF2_906 and never had to reactivate.

Originally Posted by Juergen-BY View Post
    Just keep your license files wich are located in .rFactor

18. Magus

Magus Registered

I ended up missing 1 build of rf2 due to not having a wheel so I can not say whether the issue I am having is from this build or the previous but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. I'm using Multiview with Sli and every time I ALT-TAB to the desktop I can no longer get back into the game, in fact, even though the mouse cursor works I am unable to click on anything within the desktop (and ALT-TAB won't take me back in either). I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the task manager and use the keyboard to close rf2 application and only then does functionality come back to the mouse click.

I've used the Update on both occassions and contemplating a fresh install to see if it solves my problem, but just wondering if anyone else (esp. those using multiview/sli) are experiencing this.

Thanks.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Alt tab has ALWAYS been an issue.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you run a single monitor try FWS use the window key not AL TAB

Its faster, smoother and more stable.

Last time I mentioning it

Merrry Christmas