rFactor 2 Build 906 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 16, 2014.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Auto update worked ok, no issues to report, spotter is spot on now :)
    We had more than usual CTDs at the server with previous build, if it happens again Ill report.

2. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

thx isi
    no problems here..colors are fine,mirrors work normal. much better build so far i tested

and i had no problems with mod menager installed few cars and tracks,uninstalled few..

3. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

great thanks a lot

Leonardo :)

4. Some1

Some1 Registered

Hm, I'm still not getting any omni lights rendered in the envmap, makes the night lighting weird a bit.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

...but the light emitting textures create a nice reflection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

btw your cars need more fuel. ;)

6. Some1

Some1 Registered

Yeah, that's very good! But for example, on Portugal, you don't get the pits reflected well on envmap, becuase the envmap rendering does not render omnilights.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Nice Build, thanks ISI! :)

Auto update went fine, new UI lost me a little, I need to get use to it, that will be quick, it's pretty good feel and look, the graphical aspect and colors surprised me as it's far from what ISI usually do (new artist on board?), in any case, good job. I'm happy the small news window get the size it deserve ;)

I didn't have any problem I saw here (I read all), my mirrors are not black (I never set the SLS as Safety car), and possibly a placebo effect: I found the mirrors definition far better than before, and even color balance inside mirror seems better than what I see in front of me (perhaps just due to the render size). It's more, contrasted...strange, and it's not a complains, just a positive remark.

My FPS still 60 rock solid (intentionally limited). I cannot really comment more on FPS as I switched from GTX670 to GTX970 recently so the FPS raise (without the limitation) allowed me to set all at Max now. I mean I can't compare honestly FPS and look between previous build and this one.

Lightning seems pretty good, but I didn't try another time of day than Cloudy at 8:30am. Trees shadows at Brianza 10K seems also far better, I mean on the curved part, I don't see shadow 'popping" or having glitches and changing resolution at a certain point in front of me and moving with my car at this stable distance like I think it was previously. Again, possible placebo effect or new GFX (I didn't drive a lot from past weeks and had a break).

I had a crash end of my first race when I clicked on "Exit Race" bottom left "rFactor 2 stopped to work" (in French) and I had to exit and relaunch it. It wasn't due IMO to the replay file as I was able to watch my race from A to Z right after. The second race went fine and no crash when I hit the Exit race button this time.

Again placebo effect nearly sure: I got the feeling the "distance" between the road texture and what I feel in my wheel have never been so small. I really have the feeling I'm driving a real car and I'm connected to the road. That's why we love rF2 I know, just I feel it more and more better on each build. Historical F3 at Brianza or Begium and each little rock, slides, bumps, etc. make it real in my head and the "simulation" side disappear like if I was really in that car. Simply great guys, no other sims do that to me, and with other sims, even if some are good, I got the feeling I have to adapt to the sim, to get use about some "fake" FFB to appreciate them (and I appreciate some), but not with rF2, things are natural, and real :)

UI Font changed a little, noticeable on the left monitor, nice, more readable. The right monitor still bugged but it's due to translation and French text too long to fit in the window on the left side of it. The same problem appear on several place (like in control menu). When the new UI will be fully in place it will be time to fix some of those small defaults due to translation, if they still appear, to have something perfect.

Oh men, things goes on the right way: Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow ;)

Oh I nearly forgot: The bug still there: Suspension are not connected to wheels for AI cars like on previous builds. try F3 race last position at Brianza for example and you'll see the problem on other cars than your. All cars are affected, it's just more visible on Historical cars due to "aerial" suspensions.Weirdly all is fine when watching a replay.

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I think it was in here i did read about cars seemed to be stretched out in the mirrors in this build.
    I noticed it too but i think it's mod related and not build, because i noticed it with the LolaT280 and then i switched to the Marussia and those aren't stretched.

Still no game breaking bugs on my side, just once had a crash to desktop but forgot to copy the crash report.:rolleyes:
    In fact i'm loving the "feel" of this build more and more, can be placebo but i definitely think something has changed with the feeling and handling of the cars. Again fell in love with the Skippy, the Z370 and the Marussia.......omg it's just like real life so f*****g hard to choose from my girlfriends (don't tell my wife)

9. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

Hi !! Thank you to ISI pou new builds , I also did not find a bug right now. Ffb level and I do not understand the change, I already love the back with my G27 ...

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Well I finally updated via auto update and all went without a hitch. Did a test race with Howstons @ Neva Ring and everything worked great and looked good and performance seemed smoother too especially since I've spent a lot of time lately in rF1 and usually takes some adjustment coming back to rf2 but all very smooth performance and makes me want to try turning off vsync for the 100th time but afk now so will have to be tomorrow night at the earliest to test.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the Replay Timecode, very usefull!

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thank you! This was great update for me. Don't know if it's track related but didn't get that white layer over screen as some have based on screenshots from few users. In my opinion in-car HDR auto-exposure did look very good. On previous builds I've usually compared views from cockpit forward and backward to see the difference between in-car auto-exposure. Before it has always been I'd have wanted the non-auto-exposure look (looking back from cockpit) but with this new build it's the opposite. Only tried it with Nordschleife Tourist (summer) and ISI Silverstone though. Did tests with all lighting conditions (60x time acceleration). Must say I'm quite impressed by this dynamic lighting system. For example moon transition/visibility is so realistic. It was cool to watch how moon slowly faded away when daylight came in and sky became blue. Also switched headlights briefly off every now and then during night as wanted to observe moon casting shadows from clear sky. :) By the way night-time brightness was almost perfect at Nordschleife (only rails etc were too bright IMHO) but Silverstone was far from perfect (you could basically drive without headlights because everything was way too bright). But as said it seems it's track related. There was also these "oily patches" on the road surface at Nordschleife but that's just splitting hair as no-one would ever drive without headlights anyway hence wouldn't be able to see those. Also gamma change to the Graphics engine made colours better IMHO.

Also this was the first time used auto update only and to my suprise it went perfectly smooth. Run verify after and nothing failed. Only deleted shaders and cbash folders (if remember names correctly) but that's something which I always do even when changing graphics settings (maybe I'm bit paranoid but that doesn't hurt either :)).

Also thanks for fixing rain sound level. It started to make me nuts! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  13. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

What is Replay Timecode?

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think this build is the best looking one yet, in car and bonnet cam views are much improved for me which is nice. Good job ISI

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Dear Joe,

I understand you don't appreciate some comments, but in this case as in all of the other posts I know of Marc Collins he was respectful and educated.

I suppose you understand that:

- RF2 is not marketed any longer as a beta
    - we are paying customers
    - we can expect a working product for our money.

You know that many builds of RF2 have had a healthy dose of bugs, I suppose you couldn't give an estimate of the sum of hours we have dedicated to testing your product after each build.

I know that you and all the ISI team are working very hard to improve the product, and that you are probably very tired, so understand that after many years of testing, your non profit testing workforce is beginning to get tired too.

Cheers.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Still... there's no reason to not keep the feedback respectful. With a continuously evolving product such as this, bugs will be present, it's in the nature of it, the name of the game. Sorry to have to point out the painfully obvious, but communication and feedback regarding bugs needs to stay respectful as well as constructive. The opposite is of no benefit to either party..

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Each builds gets tested a lot internally before release, there is an entire internal "beta" test team for that. I think some remaining bugs which are present are because of

- Thousands of different PC configurations, needs Microsoft-esque resources to assure every configuration works
    - Complex software. rF2 has evolved to become very advanced and large project for a small team like ISI, meaning it gets more difficult to maintain.
    - Introducing new features will inevitablly create new bugs. That's why normally when a game gets close to "1.0", updates will focus on maintenance and bugfixing. ISI has chosen the path of a "continuously evolving product". We all want to see new features, but this approach has its challenges.

I think ISI cannot improve much more on quality of builds without sacrifices being done elsewhere (new features get introduced even slower, new builds released at lower frequency). It's a simple solution to spend xx more hours on nailing the last remaining bugs, but with a small dev team I prefer more the sort of "agile" programming approach being executed now, as that's the only way the product will evolve at good pace.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

When you are Ingame, looking into replay/live, there is a timecode, now (left side).

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

very very nice

20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Maybe you should mind your own business. If this forum was a brick and mortar store Mr. Collins would have been given his 50 bucks back and shown the door a long time ago since it isn't worth paying employees to deal with his drama. He has degraded and insulted the developers post after post. I guarantee you even though he has spent 4 figures over at iracing he doesn't make posts insulting the devs over on their forums. So like I said, mind your own business especially if english isn't your first language. ;)

Sorry for the rant but I hate it when people butt in and tell people they should put up with crap.