Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

No feeling of it here either, but there is just better feeling cars in general. Only grip change I can see was off-road grip. Feels fantastic now.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Maybe just me being paranoid after reading a few posts mentioning hat grip levels maybe have changed,
    I feel ISI had got their approach to physics & grip levels spot on, they should stick to their guns and do things their way.

I'd hate to think that they were adjusting things to try and please the crowd that seem to like glue like grip etc
    -it's apparent to me that a lot seem to like this ( judging by other forums ) when there is a large crowd that like the ISI physics just the way they are ( taking into account some elements are currently not complete )
    Not that I use any of the aids but they are there for people that want a simpler more care free experience in rfactor 2.

Also about the shaders (light casts can we call it? -see my post ) is this been a temporary compromised due to ongoing tweaks or is it a case of something had to give in an attempt to increase fps ??
    ( not moaning about this point as I like max fps but would like to know )

P.s nvidia 327 driver is a total dream ! (Good dream)

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

If people have got better framerates, it may have impacted the "feeling" they are getting from the car and their screen. Seen a couple of people struggling to drive well who have dropped their settings, and with the increase in FPS and smoothness, were suddenly able to drive much better and said it felt like it was a different car. Could account for the people saying there is more grip.

If there is anyone performing a back to back build test with identical conditions, post up the laptimes, see if there is a marked change in grip levels.

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Is that the one that came out a couple of days ago, or was it last night, something like that.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Grip on green pavement is likely a bit too low still. It isn't dumbing things down to make them more accurate. Make sure you are not using RealRoad when you judge the grip levels. Of course that's next to impossible since you only have a couple of laps before the accelerated effect takes over and provides "extra" grip.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agree. There is no difference that I can detect, but getting rid of micro stutters or just generally better frame rates gives so much less controller lag that it can feel like more grip. Old build and new build for me are both well above trouble zones for FPS and no detectable difference.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Others have mentioned this, too. What track are you talking about? There is no difference on (off!) the few tracks I have tried so far and as mentioned, the tire temps still react as if grass is rough pavement.

8. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

My post was made after Driving on the new Loch Drummond... Try going off road in the grass and drive around. It has definitely changed for the better, feels like dirt and grass now and you don't spin all over the place with the slightest throttle press. Sucks that it seems to be a track specific change though... yet again basic features are at the mercy of modders. :(

P.S I didnt look to see if the tire temps are fixed off track at Loch.

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

As near as I can tell, the tire/grass interaction is still wrong. Give the car a flick and slide off track sideways and you'll see what I mean. When sliding on the grass the tires heat over 200C very quickly.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I need to half answer my own query here because I only just found this post (on page 7 I think) which I managed to miss previously, that at least gives a bit of a reason why the rubber build up isn't where it will eventually be. I would have to counter though, by saying that a fake but somewhere near realistic rate would actually be better than an obviously accelerated one (when neither is going to be connected to the tyres anyway), and weather effects overall are accelerated rather than just rubber; 3-4 mins of 'light' rain requires wet tyres, and then 3-4 mins of no rain you need slicks again. So rubber build up, wetness build up, drying out, and rubber washing-off, are all accelerated to the point of being useless.

I for one would certainly vote for faked rates that are closer to reality while we wait for a system that ties everything together, rather than leaving them massively accelerated because that's where they started and there's some sort of reluctance to change it until it can be 'finished'.

11. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Don't think ISI would ever do something artificial like this with rFactor 2. They're still building a simulation you know and my experience so far is they're quite stubborn of not making compromises which I respect a lot! With this approach they are lacking all kinds of things before fully implemented but on the other hand in the end the outcome will be excellent. We just have to be patient and understand that sometimes as a whole a new build may feel like a step back but in the long run they're moving forward and getting closer to perfection. :)

Felt more grip at Loch Drummond when drove Skippy but it's just a feeling - didn't compare lap times or anything. But it's new version (1.1) of the track so they may have increased the grip level of asphalt on that particular track only. Haven't tested but there's also possibility that real road is not working there or they have increased the grip level of green road of Loch Drummond. Don't know how stuff works but could imagine green and full rubbered (min and max grip values) would be defined into the track itself. Anyone knows if this is the case?

Yesterday had short 16 min race at ISI official server (Vette @ Silverstone) and track was pretty green at first (and slippery!). In the end of the race there were more rubber (lots of players) and my tires were still quite good and tried to push. Got pretty decent lap which was about 1,2 sec slower than my PB with previous build at the same server. Didn't feel there were more grip but quite the opposite (probably because with previous build the track was fully rubbered).

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think the "extra grip levels" are just a placebo effect, one person mentions it and then others go looking for it and believe they find it...but they did'nt really!
    Personally I've found absolutley no extra grip levels, with the same rubber and cars and corners on tracks I'm doing exactly the same as the previous build.

As for the changelog, some companies like to list everything, others dont and just list the main stuff. I've got no problem with that and I like reading changelogs. I know if I wrote down everything I did in a working day it would take 10-15minutes each day, thats 10-15minutes that I could be leaving early so I'd rather not!
    As for people still questioning what "Sun Occlusion" did in previous builds well it's simple to understand if you take 2minutes to google "Sun" and "Occlusion" you can pretty much figure it out for yourself!

The AI waiting by the side of the road after a spin has been evident in at least two previous builds (maybe more cant remember exactly), leaving their pit garages may be a new thing but it could equally of been there for the previous builds, it's not something I've gone looking for.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

No placebo, but it isn't the grip level itself increased on the tires, since the cars are out before the new build was out, but because i just tested the Corvette/Camaro with the current LochD and build, it can just be the track surface, drivetrain and or chassis flex causing this phenomen ( everything treated from the core ). The car is for sure more natural and believable. I started tuning it to emphasize the characteristics and it already drives well.

Finally the weight and inert of the car is perceiveable, the rear don't shows the phenomen i tryed to explain often. Same for the Camaro, the cars are much more for my like now but actually i have a mixed feeling about the FFB since the new build with this cars and i'm not sure what cause it, but it changed to the negative for me. While i was happy with it, now i get a more dull feeling with it, like the friction resistance was increased anyway. The steering is becoming to inert with to strong friction feeling in, while the dynamics and speeds of the ffb are more lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Na, pretty sure the track just has dry and wet grip multipliers. The tyres define the gain from rubber.

15. Rik

Rik Registered

small graphic defect.
    the smoke comes out from the front. the engine is behind. it should come out from behind?

[​IMG]

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

I'll try to explain my perceptions :) The first thing i noticed was the drive while starting from the box with the Camaro, the car was slipping more by engaging the clutch with the previously build and it doesn't anymore and i don't know about the efficiency of track surface in the box but it could be somewhat with the drivetrain as well. I don't know the car well before to know the differences all but it's a better car for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Are the radiators in the side pods? Coz I've seen in the Howston the steam/smoke comes from right at the front, as it looks like that's where the radiator setup is.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Totally agree. It seems like a it would be a matter of changing a multiplayer somewhere. Shouldn't be too hard. And right now this stuff isn't 100% faked. What I mean is the path isn't faked. The only faked part is how much water is picked up or how much rubber is out down. I guess they want to make it compound dependent or something. But really it sounds like more work then it's really worth. Just set a reasonable multiplayer and call it a day.

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

Tim's reply, basically saying it will eventually be linked to tire compounds, really shows you ISI are going all-out on this. That's at an insane level of realism - I think most of us would have been happy if the current rate was 'slowed' a bit, but it sounds like the finished real road process will be worth waiting for.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Now after some tests the ffb for the corvette is becoming better again for me. I need to set the cars multi lower than before, it clipps much earlier than with the previously build anyway. However, it is usefull for now and not everything seems to be perfect but it is already very good and I have had some exciting moments while riding with tha cheavy weight corvette on LochD :), where i think the throttle steer is more precise and slip angle is becoming more controllable ( limited ) as well with this build and me finally like this car better and thanks to ISI for the update.