REPLACED rFactor 2 Build 300 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Jkn87: it seems obvious this problem is created from additional tracks you added according your post. So you need to remove them one by one until you have a stable situation, or to go the other way (only ISI, and add them one by one).

Adrian, if you have any non-ISI content, you know what I will suggest ;)

For both, a fresh install with only ISI content cannot be a bad move. I know, it's painful...

This build is rock solid for me, no crash, stable, fluent, perfect. BTW I use latest WHQL Nvidia drivers, I had too many bad experience with beta version in between official release, sometimes only for one application, and all other was fines...

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

********** continued :

hi

ok sorted, the problem is between the nvidia beta 326.80 3d vision driver (in 3d vision mode) & rf2 ( & the tech demo of AC which i downloaded earlier )

(I only use 3d vision, never 2d )

this beta driver seems fine with everything else but its only a beta driver so perhaps completly nvidia's etc

ive reinstalled nvidia driver 320.46 WHQL , everything fine now with both rf2 & AC tech demo

very rare i use nvidia beta drivers I will not again, I hope the 3d vision in their next WHQL driver is ok

I suspected the nvidia beta driver, hope this is helpful

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You need to clarify what you're saying here. And are you talking about rFactor 1?

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

4. 88mphTim

It crashes multiple programs? That's unusual for nVidia! It is helpful, thanks.

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

FWIW, I have used 326.80 driver with 3DVision without issue.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Could be that our specs are diferent, I have had problems with beta drivers before, the official WHQL are usually pretty good & trouble free

(the beta driver trouble free with iracing & arma2 but not with rf2 & AC tech, that pretty much everything I have on my pc)

7. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

Hi tim. Did fresh install again nd installed just isi stuff and simxpwrience and went well.then added other tracks and everything fine. I always talk about rf2

8. 88mphTim

Now I am more confused :) your first post said "same crash" and this one says everything is fine. :)

9. Bart S

Bart S Member

Me to but something not quite right with that one either and rf2, I also use 3d, gone back to 320.49 feels better altho not in fps sence just smoothness.
    The other 2 beta 326s where total complete garbage in rf2, I believe the problem stems from them two releases and 326.80 was a fix of them two
    Stick with WHQLs

10. capetuso

capetuso Registered

Hi,

I am looking for Flush Previous Frame="1" parameter because I notice a very little shuttering now and then.
    I find info in the forums that it was moved to config.ini file but is not there in my PC.
    Is this parameter still available or has been removed?

Thank you very much.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have the config.ini file in my userdate folder but there's no reference to the Flush setting.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

13. capetuso

capetuso Registered

Thanks a lot.

14. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Alt-Tab gives me a game crash with this build.

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

i'm getting a lot of frequent app crashes with rf2. :(

For starters, if i select All Tracks & Cars in singleplayer and choosing any car with any track and loading it up and once i click the red box with "race" in it the game immediately crashes with an app-crash. Loading mods and using any of it's cars with tracks works perfectly fine (from what i can tell, i haven't done long term tests of stability offline...i only know that the game does not app crash when clicking "race" when using a mod instead of All Tracks & Cars.)

Online multiplayer is temperamental. The game will crash quite frequently and usually a few moments after loading the next circuit. I then try to get back into the server and the app crash occurs again. Sometimes the rejoin after the first app crash works fine and sometimes i have to wait a few minutes and try again and it lets me back into the server. Like i said.....temperamental.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Feel sad for you DrR1pper. I don't have any of your problem (I only do offline) and this build is rock solid for me. Did you try a (painful) full new install?

17. Jos

Jos Registered

rfactor 2 is unstable, the F2 always crashes during loading of track, something in the package folder is causing it :(

18. Zenon

Zenon Registered

I had a weird issue a couple of days ago - while I was driving the Skippy the entire screen went completely black for 3-5 seconds, but the multi-dial and the FPS counter were still visible, and there were no sound issues, either, so it can't have been a video driver crash - looked as if the camera feed to the virtual driver's eyes had been disconnected :) It's only happened once so far. I am using nVidia 320.49 drivers.

19. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

me too on the odd occasion

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Not sure if this is known bug or by design or whatever, but my experience is that I now have to run windowed or it drops me back to the desktop occassionally. Also, twice or more rF2 running windowed I could not get back to other apps at all ; alt tab, windows key, even task manager switch to. The only thing that could be done to wrestle back control of PC was to end rF2 via task manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.