Released rFactor 2 Build 1108 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

My personal experience is that Steam is a really easy platform to use and makes the process of adding content through the Steam Workshop far quicker and simpler than the previous "manual" method. Your mileage may vary.

If existing customers had to continue paying an annual fee whilst new customers were given discounts (like many companies do) then I would agree with you, even if it is a common practice. Except it is simply a change in price for all customers going forward. When I go into Costco and see the equivalent of my TV is half the price I paid I don't have a hissy fit with LG for disrespecting me!

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why do you feel disrespected? Why are you taking a price change so personally? Perhaps you should find a hobby which makes you happy? Or even lower your expectations a touch? Nothing was promised to come in this build apart from being the first Steam only build. Not every build gives new features.

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If you buy something for $ 84 and then later sell them for $ 15 the same product, it means that you have been cheated, that is not a discount or an offer that is a hoax

4. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

I own both a lifetime non steam version AND a lifetime steam version, so I if anyone should feel miffed I should, but don't. At the price it is now, I am tempted to buy another one or even 2 to hold as a gift for my sons later on. It really, REALLY is a gift at this price. Cudos Studio 397. Anyone want to buy a bridge???

As for why do I own both? Dev mode flatly refuses to work in the steam version and its more convenient to use the non steam version for testing offline in a 100% different install.

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

last night i had some game freezes during online races.few times cpu purple bar jumps to 100% and game have bad slowdown for sec or two and people crash at you if they are behind you.most time bar is at 40/50% only in some situations bur jumps high.
    didnt experienced that since build 930

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

To me as if you want to buy 100 rfactor 2, this is a cheat say what you say, and for nothing I congratulate study 397 while not hagn something decent to congratulate them, this update is a misery, so do not congratulate them

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

only need the workshop to give you an option to not update at that moment (in case you got a online race in a few minutes or you dced and you want to get back, if you have to update...)

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Wow... you are a REALLY miserable guy! Everything is doom and gloom eh?

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

[Quote = "Woodee, mensaje: 871.298, miembro de: 22864"] Wow ... eres un chico muy desgraciada! Todo es pesimismo eh? [/ Quote]
    I do not do the ball to anyone, you do it?

p.- After six months what is lamentable and miserable is not me, is the update !!!

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I should say that you do!

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

juanchioooo, you are achieving nothing with your comments and bad attitude except making enemies.
    What is done, is done. Studio 397 are running a business and businesses have to make decisions, that they know, not everyone will like.

Using your argument, you never buy a product that is on sale or has had its price reduced.
    Can you tell one product that has never changed it's price?

I think some people really need to have a think about the bottom line.
    Game developers don't work for free.
    Games are not cheap to make because of the man hours.
    Do you work for free? I highly doubt it.
    The money they ask for a game, even the original price is ridiculously cheap if you ask me.

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Will, if you go to the top left of the Steam page, select Steam, then Settings, the Downloads.
    In the Download Restrictions section you can set it so Steam will only download game updates when you want. ;)

13. stonec

stonec Registered

So if you buy a graphics card for $84 and sometimes later it's sold for only $15, you have been cheated? Nope, I'm sorry but that's the way the market works. There is something called supply-demand ratio that settles the price and with older products it always goes down.

14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Ah does rfactor 2 go down? Now I understand because the fucking update they have cast ok, because rfactor 2 goes down and that's why it costs less ok
    So you're right I was wrong

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the schedule thing? Does it work for workshop tho? I know you can make a game update only when you launch it (if Steam is in online mode, if u keep it offline it won't update) but it does not affect the workshop

16. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

USF2000 and Nissan GT500...they released more cars in six month than ISI, DX11 development is going on fast and people still complain...:rolleyes:

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Not sure what's going on but can't play online no more. Steam keeps telling me that there's another user logged on my computer but it's me who's logged in. Steam is also saying it can't connect to the steam network and prompting me to either retry connection or start offline. I'm defo connected to the Internet. Was playing online and hour ago before this.

18. shiet

shiet Registered

Steam is down at the moment.

hexagramme likes this.
  19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Ok thanks man, that's not good.

20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Can't start offline either I'm clicking rf2 also steam and get no response.
    So frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.