rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Whiteshadow not sure why you are posting that link ?
    First he is talking about build 998.
    Dont know about that build but up untill the last build 1024 tripple fov was working just fine as fas as saving the adjusted fov settings.
    But now witht he resent build something changened and now it is not.
    Ruben

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

ISI please, Could you put a FFB update rate adjustment to controller file. Like "Skip updates" was.
    In my opinion, it would very much improve FFB for direct drive servo Open sim wheel systems.

I have been trying to find good FFB settings for the new RF2 builds and it has been a struggle.
    I just tried build (1052) where that "Skip updates" setting still exist.
    I used one-third FFB update rate, and it feels so much better than anything with the new builds.

Problem is that having forces with very high frequency directly transmitted to wheel feels very unrealistic and uncomfortable.
    In real life the weight of the components in steering system + some other things filters out high frequencys.
    With that "Skip updates" setting those high frequencys can be cut out without using anykind of filter or smoothing that would make ffb feel more numb.

Now with the new build I have to settle with much worse FFB. I have to use lots of filter and smoothing to dampen those high frequencys, which makes the FFB feel much more numb, and still I have those nasty feeling high frequencys with some cars :(

Also if someone have found a way to adjust the update rate in current build please tell me, or even if you have an idea about what i could try.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't have a solution for you, but "skip updates" is technically worse implementation than the smoothing option. With skip updates you are losing information from FFB, because the code totally ignores everything except every n:th measurement point. With smoothing you just average the signal over time, it still considers every measurement point and thus outputs a more correct signal. If you put smoothing to, say, "4", it should be pretty similar to "skip updates"=4, except that it outputs more correct values.

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ruben i think WhiteShadow is pointing to another thread where this problem is being discussed also. I think it's more addressed to ISI devs than to you.

But Christopher is aware of our problem and i'm sure they already look into it.

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28884-OSW-RF2-Setup?p=423371&viewfull=1#post423371

I'm sure you've seen this Korva but maybe ask mr. Cookie he seems like a knowledgeable person who is willing to help.

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Ahh ok

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

But with that smoothing setting the amount of output force still chances with full update rate (400 hz if i remember right)
    High amplitude high frequency stuff will still chance that avaraged output force value in high frequency -> high frequency forces still gets through.

What i need is like a low-pass filter for a subwoofer, ie. something that cuts of high frequencys, without altering lower frequencys.

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

He writes : "Bug is: it's not loading my "Main" height setup, it always resets to 0.372 every time I load a new track. and Workaround: change main height every time I load a new track"

Multiview UI don`t save monitor height and that bug and has been present from the release.

9. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Yes
    Thinking about it not sure if i was having that problem and did not notice.
    As i drive open wheel mainly and you are low in the seat any way.

Ruben.

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Is it just me or is the in game text blurry now,as if your using a non default monitor res?

11. darcidm

darcidm Registered

How start Developer Mode on Steam version. Not work for me (I installed "rFactor2_SDK_1098.exe" file).

12. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Sorry!

It's working now.

Thanks!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It comes with steam automatically. No need to install the separate SDK from the site.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No change here or reported in our league. I'd check your settings.

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep no change here, too.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I'm leaning towards it being ATI drivers as I seem to be suffering a frame drop/lag effect also.
    May be co-incidental but will check by reverting both back to previous builds.........

17. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

New Bitmap Image 1.jpg New Bitmap Image 2.jpg

I see a definite deterioration in the text sharpness.
    Must be some stuck setting somewhere as reverting to the same version as the sharper image does not fix the sharpness.
    Sharper image is a new rF2 install on older ati drivers.

Looks like I got some installing to do :(

Well a fresh install of windows,rF2 and latest beta drivers 16.6.1 seems to have fixed it but I was using 16.6.1 before so somehow rF2 got corrupted in some way.
    Maybe one of my other racing games interfered somehow but we'll soon see once I start re-installing other games........

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  18. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i just got time driving some laps with newest build. it is nice but not all fine.
    i am on tripple screen with multiview on and had problems with the TV cams before, they didn't zoom in. it was fixed by changing "UseSubViewParams" to 0 in "config.ini".
    now, with this build i wanted to watch the replay with tv cams and noticed the tv cams don't zoom in AGAIN! so i checked the "UseSubViewParams" in "config.ini" but it is still set to 0! and ingame i cannot change the FOV with my buttons.
    Am i forced to use "UseSubViewParams" = 1?? also when it is set to 0 in config.ini????

don't understand why it happens very often, that things which worked good before, don't work anymore... i just want to have the tv cams to zoom. it is a little thing, but i like watching the replays, but not with these tv cams like now!

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Aside from the ridiculously slow downloads through Launcher that work at normal speed through Steam, could someone tell me why there is not a column for what car mod is in use on the server? We have the track, the connection speed, the number of people, etc., but not the car!?!?!? Not in either Steam or Launcher.

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

+1 good point Marc