rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Affirm, getmodded - on dropbox in this case.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If the 'get modded' content is removed from the server packages folder, it shouldn't be capped; I'd even suggest it can't be capped, because your game is sent to the URL and the matchmaker isn't involved. If this is happening for you, it's not something to complain about them doing - it's a bug.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well, there you go... It gets ever so confusing, doesn't it?

Launcher sucks. Steam > View > Servers does not.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. Ft5fTL

Ft5fTL Registered

I'm trying to figure out why i dont get that much of a fuel difference with the EngineMixtureRange parameter (around 0,05 liter per setting). Any help?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  6. TPG

TPG Registered

I tried this, I get a "Package Not Available" error message now..well at least I'm no longer perplexed :mad:

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Well that sorts that... Any other ideas, C. Elliot? Drop the cap for getmodded stuff?

EDIT: TPG, did you re-browse the new "packages" folder?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Error you get is missing or wrong GET URL. You can check GET URL with Mod Manager. If you are using Noel`s get mod manger your URL should be http://getmod.srrs-racing.net/getmod.php/"your account name".
    However there are some modders who don`t know that if you are using spaces in track name GET URL don`t work. If I remember correctly Atlantic Road is one of them and what you must do is to rename this track Atlantic Road.rfcmp to Atlantic_Road.rfcmp before uploading content to your Dropbox etc.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think we need to avoid mixing issues here. If the content doesn't have getmod set up correctly (or it doesn't work), then putting the components into the packages folder is a workaround that will provide that content at a reduced speed direct from the server. It has to be speed limited, otherwise it will impact the server - which makes running the server a bit pointless, so then why provide the content... etc

Content that has Getmod shouldn't be capped; if getting it through the launcher is not working at full speed, then something isn't working right. That's no reason to remove the speed cap above, because there's not supposed to be a speed cap when downloading from an external source.

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

If you are having components in the packages folder it seems that SteamCMD is using some kind of priority and are using packages folder as first priority to download URL.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Bjørn has getmodded components, not in the packages folder, and they are downloaded at full speed using the steam 'matchmaker' but at a limited rate through the launcher. Again, we're confusing things...

12. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

13. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I think it's just a little flaw in the download logic. The client has to check for a valid getmod URL and only download directly from server if getmod is not working. The decision should not be based on the presence of rfcmps on the server.

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I was replying to your sentence: "putting the components into the packages folder is a workaround". I have tested Bjørn`s claim trough launcher and Steam Matchmaker (ISR, ISI public servers and my own servers) and don`t experience any difference with download speed.

15. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I'd like to fill in some more details. If the components don't have get-mod link (we're not using it) and you remove them from Packages folder, then even though users have got all the components installed locally they aren't able to auto-download vmod and enter the server. Launcher says: "Package not available". It's a real pain.

16. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

17. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Why don`t you use Noel`s get mod managaer?

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope, not for me. I compared the download speeds now by downloading a track with getmod URL from both launcher and by joining directly from Steam server list. Both downloaded the 170 MB component in 1 minute 28 seconds. So either it's something on your end or the server bandwidth varies, because both methods behave exactly the same for me.

19. Davvid

Davvid Registered

We use our custom tool that distributes files directly into Installed folder. Then having vmod installed automatically from the server is very useful.

20. TPG

TPG Registered

I've been using Noel's GetMod Manager flawlessly in a League setting since it was released..I know how it works and I'm aware of the 'no spaces' issue, Everything was working fine until we moved the Server install to SteamCMD, if I pull a (Noel's) GetMod linked .rfcmp from the server's package folder I get the "Package Not Available" message, if I put it back in it will download..very slowly, I've already been getting complaints which is why I advised our league members to use our FTP downloads unless they want to wait a long time. We lease our Game Server and it has plenty of Bandwidth, however I Do Not want My server bandwidth being used for hosting files, that's why we have an FTP Host!

I intentionally waited for someone else to bring this issue up so I could gain some info on getting it working without triggering a bunch of back and forth, sometimes confusing answers..unfortunately that's what is happening now and I'm not amused. IMO this whole Steam BS was done haphazardly without thinking through all the caveats involved or providing any documentation advising how to address issues caused by making the 'move'..

I do appreciate the suggestions but obviously there's more involved than just removing the .rfcmps from the package folder otherwise I wouldn't even be posting..