rFactor 2 Build 1098 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Sorry to ask again, but just for my own understanding ..... As long as no car has been updated with the new tire component, these new tire features have absolutely no function yet, right? So no effect on handling?

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

My game does not save screen height. The bug has been reported previously.

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

That is correct, this is like the new wet weather cooling stuff, or just like the CPM updates in general. They require new tyres to be built.

4. Niranjan

Niranjan Registered

triple screen configurations seem to be off in the new build ..... is there any hot fix for this ? do we need to adjust some value in the config.ini file ?? please let me know

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think it would be the first time something was stated by the person doing the forum stuff that then turned out to be based on something they thought was going to happen but didn't - that kind of thing. So not likely, but not impossible. And in the context of what he said meaning that all the people saying how much better things felt had fallen for the suggestion-bug, I think it's important not to jump to conclusions without a quick double check :) (or at least acknowledging the possibility)

Could ramp up the sarcasm here and say well he certainly could be wrong when the notes didn't specify and there hasn't been any word on how to implement this new feature (which makes it a kind of non-feature, til further notice), but that's probably a soft target...

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There was something mentioned by an ISI dev about helping others adjust the tyres, not needing them to be entirely re-rendered, so to speak, for the new features to be active. I can't remember where I saw it now though. Maybe earlier in this thread?

7. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    My res is
    5760 x 1080
    This.res has been the same since I went triple screens.

8. felirrari

felirrari Registered

No answers ISI?

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Maybe you could post in the bug reports forum.

10. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Thanks

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Let's take a vote: who feels something changed regarding handling in this latest build? I do. It could be as simple as a slight change to FFB that makes me perceive a change to actual handling, but I do feel it.

I would add that I pay little attention to the cryptic official release notes. There are often things not in there and what is there is rarely clear. If the only thing changed in the sim was what was in the release notes, we could go back two years and see very little significant activity. Is it really that little?

I also know that there are so many subtle factors that affect our enjoyment and perception of the sim. Just frame rate changes can affect this, let alone all the things that are programmed.

I am still voting for a positive change with this build with the source or cause unknown :)

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

:rolleyes:

13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Veto! YES, the handling did change; I am more than 100% sure of that.

Why? I am busy with "my own mod" for months now; driving lap after lap with little changes on the same track in the same conditions over and over again. Just this car, same setup, all the time.
    I think its save to say that I know this car inside and out.
    Now, with this new build; its like I turned back the caster quit a bit. Normally when you do that, the ffb feel is a bit less and when turning the wheel pretty far, you can feel the car is sliding over the front wheels; understeer. Same as you get with cold tires.

The caster setting is still the same and I get that feeling. Good thing is; not the less ffb feeling, but low caster feel.

Maybe in this build the caster influence is altered or the influence of weight front/back is changed; I don't know, but it IS different.

BTW; mixture settings work if you implement them in the engine file. Note; make small steps.

As MRSLFRSL wrote on the first page: these are the lines:
    EngineMixtureRange=(0.9,0.1,3)
    EngineMixtureSetting=1

I used:
    EngineMixtureRange=(0.85,0.01,16)
    EngineMixtureSetting=16

I put them between "enginemaprange" and "engineboostrange", configured the buttons and it just works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I believe this problem started when ISI introduced steam as it was never there before that .......

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

So is this something you guys are going to adjust to not make it an eternity for user trying to join via the launcher - not knowing it's painfully slow and there is a better solution?
    Or is it something we, as users can raise in a json? I don't think a cap is a good idea. It takes forever. Literally hours depending on the size of the track/car and how many of them there are.
    The uploading isn't even handled by the server-computer in our case. It's done through the cloud, dropbox in particular. I know that's not the case for everybody... But come on? No one is going to wait for hours for a handful of tracks and cars to be downloaded.

16. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Build 1056 was faster than build 1084, on ISI tracks at least. I found 1084 lost rear grip. Maybe its just gone back to how it was in 1056 spec and that's what people are noticing.

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Ours too is is not handled by server but cloud.. not sure whats happened here......

18. TPG

TPG Registered

Our league was doing fine using Noel's GetMod, we have our own FTP to host files that's Not connected to our game Server...now that we've moved everything to Steam the Launcher downloads speeds are terrible..I've advised our members to download mods/tracks from our FTP rather than wait an hour to download 1 track via the launcher. :rolleyes: Thx ISI, you've basically ruined one of my main selling points for this game..and Yes, we league admins have to work Hard to keep people interested in this game and You continue to make it harder to defend..perplexed :confused:

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's placebo unless you are using a car that has been updated to take advantage of the features.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks Navigator! BTW, EngineMixtureSetting should be 15, as that is the highest setting in your example.

I'm still unsure how this feature works. Say in Nav's example your setting is 0, which means the EngineMixture is 0.85. Does this mean 85% of the optimum fuel to air mixture (so that 1 gives always the most power), or does this mean 85% of a complete rich mixture, or is it a kind of multiplier for the lines:

FuelAirMixtureTable=(0,0.091)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0,0)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.1,0.11)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.2,0.22)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.3,0.33)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.4,0.44)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.5,0.55)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.6,0.66)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.7,0.77)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.8,0.88)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.89,0.99)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.98,1)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(1,0.97)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.97,0.9)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.85,0.8)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.65,0.6)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.4,0.4)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0.1,0.1)
    FuelAirMixtureEffects=(0,0)

If the latter is the case, HOW exactly is it related to the lines above?