rFactor 2 Build 1084 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks Lazza and Christopher. Still not a fan of steam but i see a second copy of rF2 comming up. I know i dont have to buy another copy but i want to keep my non steam and am cool to sponsor/support ISI once more because they gave me so much plessure with their software

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

I think that's a pretty good summary, except that some 3rd party rfcmps don't have a GET URL and there's not much a host can do about that. Direct download is mostly for third party mods that don't have a GET URL, because in the past you'd try to join and it would just you tell it can't download those rfcmps, and this was confusing for users and hosts.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Apologies, but your answer on Eddy`s question, sounds to me, that non-steam owner can`t no more play online and can`t no more use getmod. Would be nice, to get some clarification on this.

4. Christopher Elliott

Of course non-steam can use GET mod if the .rfcmps have a GET URL, it just can't download direct from the package folder of the server, nothing has been changed there.

5. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

You can add a GET URL to an existing rfcmp without repackaging it. So even if the modder doesn't care about a GET URL the hoster can make it working without touching the rfcmp.

6. Christopher Elliott

I'm talking about people that don't do anything extra, everything can be tweaked, I know that. The point is we wanted a fall back method for someone hosting to not worry about any of this.

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

If the rfmod direct download from the server works also with non steam version. Why the component download from the server has only been enabled for Steam users?

When this was asked for non steam version long time ago, the official statement was that wasn't the server's function.

I guess that average steam user is unable to properly use get mod feature so they get the feature granted, once again, without having asked for it.

First it was the workshop (getmod and remote content were functional) later server filters, now component direct download. What will be next the next feature steam users will get in exclusivity?

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

8. Christopher Elliott

I'm not going to continue commenting right now, because clearly you want to read too much into what I say :)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

A simple answer (somewhere more accessible than this thread) showing the best way to configure the server to maximize the simplicity and benefit for Steam and non-Steam users would go a long way to dispel these feelings. If there is really just one small alteration a server host has to do (moving a file to a different location, or, adding a GET URL...I'm not sure I follow exactly, but I am not a server host) to ensure non-Steam users are "equal" to Steam, then please clarify. If on the other hand non-Steam users really do have reduced functionality, then that should be highlighted and explained clearly for the reasons that people can then choose if they want to migrate to Steam; server admins can decide if they care about serving non-Steam users and will hopefully advertise such, and; because it may contradict what was promised earlier.

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

I'm still getting the red light at the end of pit lane when resuming from replay. Such a great feature, currently half broken, at least for me. I've seen other reports of this in the past though.
    Any idea when this will be fixed?

11. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

The point is if we should still trust in ISI's promises. Lately they use to run away when someone makes the right question, like in 1080' thread, when they stop answering when some users asked for a downgrade.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I would add a second question: in the ingame standings table (expanded), there is the speed shown. Is this speed meant to be the average, maximum or whatever speed? I was just driving on Sao Paulo and my max. speed was 229 km/h. In the standing list it was 160 (km mp?...). Is this a well known bug from earlier builds or newly introduced? My settings are metric.

13. Christopher Elliott

I have no idea what you're talking about, but next is a warning.

14. AceLain

AceLain Registered

it should be average.

Like in Nascar, they never look for lap time, they always go for average speed through a lap.

Thanks

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Read this carefully and you find answer to your questions:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28823-Information-regarding-rFactor-2-Steam-(FAQ)

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

numpty kid racers?

17. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Since Build 1084 I get a nasty error that makes multiplayer racing abolutely impossible for me because it happens on every server - my own as well as ISIO and others like ISR.

First time I recognized this was when I tried to connect to a fresh server setup of my own. I see the server in the browser and could click "Racing". Then it starts downloading the Server.mod file. But the download could noct ne finished and the server.mod file could not be installed. As I have every content available on my server similar at my local installation there is no need to load additional content but only the servers mod file.

Any idea what's going wrong. As my own installation worked perfectly with the prior version (no ports changed etc.!) something must have change within build 1084 that causes this erratic behaviour.

Let me add: my own server runs on the non-Steam lite version because I had a lot of trouble getting the steam version to run at all and then no one could join because of other nasty errors tha I could not get solved. After switching to the non-Steam version a dedicated setup was done within some minutes and the server was running rock solid even from my home network, well, until the last build update to version 1084.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Tried running the SteamCMD dedi server?

19. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

Just installing the whole stuff again with the actual build 1084 steamcmd dedi ... I report back if it works or not ...

Edit:
    Well, after wasting another hour with this I am really done... again I have the same error why I didn't use this Steam ***censored by myself *** so far. I set up the Server, it is listet in the server browser "[SRB]SimRacingBase.de #1", but I couldn't join, because "Racing" is not clickable in my rF2 client (still non-Steam release!) at all.

That's it with me, my community and rF2 ... I dump it as ISI dumps non-Steam version and I hope for Reiza that those smart guys get their stuff right together. Until then my German community races R3E and AC, too, so I don't want to waste anymore time in fixing stuff a smart developer should be responsible for.

Sorry for my maybe hard words, but life's too short to stuggle with such circumstances.

Good luck with the complete move to steam. If everything works like this - then ... no words!

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
  20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Try to use Steam matchmaker and see if it works for you.