rFactor 2 Build 1052 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Erm, ever tried changing conditions at Spa? Then come back and tell us that it is dry and raining at different points of the track.

GP3 is still hailed as the best for wet weather... I seriously doubt that if you fired that up and take your nostalgia goggles off you would see things HAVE changed and for the better.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Yeah yeah, we all get it, you're a fanboy.

I haven't tried the new F ISI yet, but the previous version was undriveable in wet conditions, spinning if you go near full throttle in full wet conditions on a slight corner. Thus it implies that ISI's very own mod's wet tyres aren't properly made.

The FSR and GPVWC mods are fine in the rain, which would back this up.

And since StoneC is a valued and very experienced member, and even part of the technical test team in one of the abovementioned leagues, I can assure you he's tried and tested more variable condition/track combos than you've ever even thought of.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Errrr.... whatever you say.

I just posted what I see as truth... if you don't believe it, I don't lose sleep over it either way.

You really do need to learn a different approach when interacting with others, as of right now... your approach is failing.

Are you saying the above doesn't happen when you race in changing conditions at Spa? Simple question.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"full wet" is a subjective term. There isn't any aquaplaning, so the amount of grip on a full wet track is up to the modder's discretion. You can't, by definition, say anything isn't 'proper'. If a mod allows you to drive in a particular way on a fully wet track, that just reflects the choices made in making that mod.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Also remember a 100% wet race track probably wouldn't have races take places. Races would be red flagged because not a tyre on earth could displace that much water. I am unsure how much % would make a race not red flagged. On our league servers we cap the rain intensity at 20% maximum.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Exactly. There's no way of knowing what 100% wet actually represents, so saying an ISI mod doesn't have "properly made tyres" because of how it drives in an arbitrary and unknown level of wetness, compared to another mod that interprets that figure differently, is completely missing the point. For our league use I treat 100% wet as a small amount of standing water, so that wets are better than inters and by that point all the slicks are pretty bad, but that's a decision also borne out of wanting most people to actually finish the race instead of spearing off into the barriers :)

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

I think Tim has mentioned something along those lines before. Where 100% rain is really meant to be something like you'd get at Sepang, massive torrential downpours with lots of standing water. And yeah, red flag conditions.

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Can someone clarify this part of the change log.

Added ability to cancel damage repair during a pitstop.

I have always been able to turn off repair damage, or set to repair body only. I have obviously missed what the new change really is.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Once you enter pits you can make changes, before you could not.

11. AceLain

AceLain Registered

When you enter the pits after the tires change and the fuel, you have the ability to press SpaceBar to stop de repair and get out of the pit even if you still have 100 sec of DAMAGE to repair.

At first I thought it was a way to pause the damage to get out on the track before the Safety car (Like Nascar) but that doesn't work, you will have to redo all your repair after you cancel. But I really think that just a question of time before being able to do like Nascar. For now it is more a: I forgot to remove damage before my pitstop so I get get out before the 25 extra sec is needed

Thanks

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Please, please....why is there no propper change log? This is so so so frustrating and the worst part of it is the huge amount of wasted time. Seriously. :(
    Please......

EDIT: Ahhh sorry, made myself a misstake. Reacted a bit to quickly, as said was very frustrated. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  13. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Thanks guys I would not have figured the space bar thing where in the change log did it say to do that?

14. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Nope, I didn't delete it and when I looked it was still there. Not sure why it has an issue with it?

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't tried it but I'm guessing it says something when you're in a pit stop and repairing damage. Have you tried it?

16. AceLain

AceLain Registered

exactly

When the tires change and the fuel is in there, the message appear: press space to skip repair (Something like that)

17. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Haha. Pot, kettle, black.

Anyway, try the mods I mentioned, and if you have any kind of open-mindedness at all, you will change your opinion.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This is how you win internet arguments, well done.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Dumb question, was there anything changed regarding the draft (slipstream) behaviour with this build?

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Not sure. Wasn't really testing that through and through. What do you feel is different? Because I haven't really felt anything different straight away so IIIIIF there was any change, it was slight.