rFactor 2 Build 1052 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Lazza, I'm 4 years into RF2 too, and honestly there is not a single feature that I miss. I'm not proficient enough to need wet racing to feel some thrill, There are far too many track that I have never raced onto, and many cars that I'm still not good enough to race with. I don't have too many straight hours to put in RF2 in a row to get bored of it, when RF2 bored me was because of continuos CTD, that appear to be now a resolved issue. Now that things run smooth, I can make a race weekend, save the replay and resume it when I have an hour or two to put into it, this is amazing just as it is. Maybe the problem is that I suck or that you are too good to not be a professional driver... or something between :D I can race with AI and have fun, the only issue is that you have to make some test to see if AI like the combo or if the skill level is appropriate, but apart this, is good fun. I can even go online and race with AI or other human, even just to see who lap faster, even on a combo that I've never seen before.
    No, there is not a single thing that I miss when I click that icon.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It may be different when you're running a league and trying to emulate a series, rather than racing against AI. Certainly nothing to do with driving proficiency, because if I managed to get half decent in rF1 I haven't got the hang of rF2 at all :)

Please don't think I'm saying rF2 isn't good, or that I'm bored with it. I'm just pointing out that some small things could be added that would improve its use for various scenarios, and when some of those were already in rF1 it's not any easier to be without them now. I'm not playing any other sims, because rF2 is the best for what I'm doing with it, it could just be better with some small additions. Some of them I'm confident would take less time to implement than it took me to type that large post above, and I can type fairly quickly :D

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Your point is clear Lazza. You don't need to write down a book. (can we move on?) :)

4. Radar

Radar Registered

I don't know, his book seems like a best seller at the moment. However I do agree, we do need to move on from this update and await the next one. Hopefully some more features will arrive and maybe DX 11 in March (well I can dream can't I)..

One thing that does concern me are more and more people moving to other SIMs. For rF2's sake I hope we don't end up with a great SIM (with most people's wishes) after a large number of people have left for the games that have moved on.

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I would say people are more keen to try something else, maybe not moving on completely. I have a lot of racing games and I played them all occasionally.

If I want to play against bad AI, I fire up Assetto Corsa, if I want to take nice pictures of cars, I fire up Project Cars, if I want to feel weird FFB, I fire up Raceroom. When I want to play real simulation, I fire up RF2 ;)

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

DX11? DX12 is better :p

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I think that the weather physics are useless at the moment. Its not a flaw compared to other titles at the moment and for me rFActor2 is the best sim out there, but what i miss is such a simple thing like track temperatur related tyre temperatures. At the moment the tyre temps are undepending of the track temperature from 0 to 60 degrees and thats a bit boring for me. Today we have a realroad but we are missing some other dynamics that we had 10 years ago. I even can´t understand why some big leagues are using wet weather where you can drive with wet tyres even on the dry line without overheating the tyres oder where intermediate tyre are faster in on the wet lane as on the dry lane. Maybe the tyre modell is to complex to handle it in the near future and we have to wait a few more years.;)

8. Miro

Miro Registered

I suggest just drive more. There is more stuff working currently then most people are aware of.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Rain (aka wet conditions) is overrated :p

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You think i cant read numbers with temperature values. I tested it one hour ago from 0-60 degrees track temperature. There was no tyre temperature difference. Suggesting to sleep for a longer time and test again would be more suitable :D

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wet weather being useless is absolute nonsense, especially now after it has been tweaked and refined in the new update.

Just drive the cars with updated current tech wet weather tires. Track temperature affecting tires and vice versa, hopefully we'll see that in the future. But for now, wet weather is perfectly functional and not broken like some people claim.

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

For people who aren`t able to handle the car under strange conditions, you are right:p

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

shortly, no.

Yould i represent Motec graphs to show that you are wrong?
    Like i said , tested it with new Megane with couldest and hottest possible track temperature

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Please read what I wrote before replying.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Don't look at pure numbers that you see right now. My buddy and I did a test on both 1046 and 1052 builds with one car. Both of us came to same conclusion that sth has changed and it's for the better. Sure, there are still many missing features or ties that links one joint to another but that doesn't stop you from enjoying what's been improved recently. Do yourself a favour and drive first on dry, let it rain for a bit, then dry out slowly. Experiment. This tyre, that tyre etc. It's way better than it used to be. Rain and wet driving was a chore and perhaps even a gimmick before that. It was there, it made surface slippery but did it actually make big difference? To what you needed to consider when making preparations for the event of rain or how you drive and what you use in the rain? Not really. This build made wet driving even if not working 100%, it made it functional enough so if I see rain falling from the sky I don't sigh, I go out with inters or wets and drive. Not thinking much about it. Just adjusting myself to new conditions and do the best job I can given the circumstances. If it's not step in the right direction, I don't know what is. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I really don't understand why people complain about wet wheater? We use the URD EGT mod for our league races, and yes the default v1.97 tires (slick and wets) are real crap in the wet. But we were able to tweak the tires that they behave like i would expect them to behave in dry, inter and wet conditions. Slicks bad in rain, they cool down; inters for damp conditions, heat up on dry line, have less grip on dry line, less grip in full wet than wet tires; wet tires work well in wet conditions, heat up massively (160°C average after 3-4 laps in full dry) in dry conditions, have less grip in dry conditions. Maybe i forgot something and maybe not all values are on spot, but i pretend that i have done a good job on those tires and so far nobody complained about them.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The short of it is, as long as the wet tires are properly made, wet weather racing is a blast.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wet weather driving has been feasible for a few builds now, with the proper tyre parameters and surface properties. Of course old content still sucks. The drying rate adjustment is a welcome improvement (haven't tested it myself yet, but it sounds good and people are saying it is, so... :))

19. stonec

stonec Registered

I think most people are still waiting for the big weather overhaul that was hinted few months ago. From what I remember wet weather was better in Grand Prix 3 than in rF2. In GP3 it could rain in different parts of track while others were dry, you had an easy option to simulate random weather conditions, rain intensity was not limited to 2 values, etc. Overall it felt more dynamic. I think most random racers don't care about this though, they notice the poor rain graphic effects and think rain in rF2 sucks because of that. TBH rF2 wet weather graphics look like they are more or less taken from F1 Challenge (the spray and raindrops at least). There is surely something that could be improved here, but maybe it's not feasible with DX9.

20. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I think you see more people 'moving' to more sims simply because we have more options than ever. And if people are like me, I buy all of them, see what I like/don't like etc. in each one and use each, somewhat sporadically. I don't have any one sim software that I use exclusively. In fact, I recently reinstalled LFS just to see where they were with their current development. In the end, the sim I spend most of my time with depends on what league/series I am participating in is using. And my next series will actually use rF2, AC, and rF1 (I wont bother to reinstall this one).