rFactor 2 Build 1052 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

News post: http://rfactor.net/web/2016/02/08/rfactor-2-build-1052-now-available/

This build includes quite a few fixes and tweaks that should make our long time users pretty happy! Being able to cancel damage repair, using only the latest version of an installed vehicle file and even allowing secondary driving controls, which we were asked to do in support of disabled racers participating in team events with differing controls. We know some of these things have been asked about, so we’re happy to continue to deliver.

Downloads:
    Lite Installer – 331MB
    Demo Installer – 891MB
    SDK Installer – 355MB

Steam auto update available (use beta access to revert to older build if your league host hasn’t yet updated).

Build Notes:
    FEATURES:
    ————-
    Water temperature now starts at the same value as oil temperature.
    Added a few more details to lap records in CCH file.
    Added the ability to use alternate controls for throttle, brake, and steering (they are at the bottom of the list of driving controls in the UI). Note that the alternate controls do NOT support ramping which is normally useful for driving with keyboards or buttons, so it preferable to select only analog devices for the alternate controls.
    Added ability to cancel damage repair during a pitstop.
    Added the ability to paste clipboard text into text boxes.
    Added ability to open hyperlinks with a click that show up in the multiplayer chatbox.
    Doubled useable dictionary length to 512 to prevent cutting off of some Italian tuning descriptions.
    Qualifying on by default for new playerfiles.
    Replaced ‘_’ characters with spaces in opponent filter list display.
    Race Event rfm icon can now be a TGA, JPG, or PNG as well as the still supported DDS
    Safety car with lights (thanks to traveller)

FIXES:
    ————-
    Fixed problem where a broken engine would become fixed and indestructible after rejoining.
    Backup plan for the problem where pit arrow sometimes isn’t available after driver swaps: borrow the grid arrow instead.
    Fixed (removed) extra useless multihead onboard cameras.
    Only allow admins to issue /pitby* commands.
    Fixed wrong gdb data getting loaded for tracks that have multiple versions installed.
    Now ignoring duplicate veh files when building vehicle manager list. Only latest version of vehicle will be included.
    Tightened up text input boxes to prevent drawing outside of box.
    Fixed virtual vehicle loading with random car if base vehicle not found.
    Weather and wet saturation speed fine-tuned.
    Non-steam players now showing in Steam Matchmaker.
    Timeouts/Errors sending passwords to server fixed.
    LOD issue when switching trackside cams fixed.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
    ———————
    Mod mode show pitlanes & special waypoints now work correctly with multiple pit lanes.
    Enabled Ctrl-D physics tool in public Mod Mode build.
    Command line option added for Mod Manager: -b[DatFile] [index ...] = build mod/cmp at specified indices from DatFile. Use -help if needed.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Nice, thanks!!!

3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks very much :D

4. formula1996

formula1996 Registered

Any chance to get real features to this game? Two months passed by the last build and such a short list with nothing serious features...
    . bit funny

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hate to be a negative nancy, but as much as fixes are always welcome and I'm sure many of the new 'features' are needed, ISI seems to have the typical developer approach which tends to miss a lot of what people actually setting up races (and racing) really want. Like the stuff in the wish list section, which does contain some fairly out-there and complex ideas but also many reasonable and just as easily implemented (as those above) items that would make a big difference to useability.

Of course this isn't anything new. But there isn't usually a "that should make our long time users pretty happy!" comment. :eek:

6. Uff

Uff Registered

Guys, can we expect a fix for this issue soon? It happens almost at every driving session and it's pretty disturbing. :(

7. 88mphTim

Making it an issue of expectation towards software developers if that approach isn't acceptable?

I've seen posts with some of these specific issues posted about, but of course you can choose whether something affects you, and if it doesn't be negative about it rather than just not letting it affect you.

8. 88mphTim

Has never been reported. Are you using a third party UI? (there are a few mods going around that repackaged an OLD version of our UI - looks the same - and people don't seem to realize it). Other than that, I'd guess you're navigating to the item in the list, not selecting it.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Mhhh, shortest and most meaningless list ever. Does this really deserve a new build of wich some people are fearful with?

10. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

nice to see an update. thanks.

but i still don't have zooming tv-cameras in replay. here are two screens to compare.

1. with multi monitor active:
    View attachment 19295

2. with multi monitor not active:
    View attachment 19296

hope it will get a fix some time in the future :)

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A company like Codemasters it doesn't surprise me; they're too big to care, they make their sales and all is good. ISI seems small enough to be able to listen, and in many cases it does.

I said I'm sure the features were needed. No denial here. Not being able to paste text has been a surprise for new users since 2007.

How are we supposed to report stuff? That's in the 'Bug Reports' forum.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Thanks ISI

13. stonec

stonec Registered

The most important fix in this build is that server player count now includes Steam clients even if host uses the non-Steam dedi, just tested and confirmed. This was a big issue as you could have 10 players on server but it would show empty if they all were on Steam version. For some reason the build notes don't mention it. (I wouldn't be surprised if something else fixed is missing in these notes.)

14. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

Just out of curiosity...are there any known fixes that are going into these patches that are not making the changelogs?

Just in the case of one of my interests...work on stock car AI, getting them to actually line up under caution without completely porking a race, etc? Never see anything in the logs, so just have to wonder if it is getting any attention or not.

Sometime you just don't know whether things are worth checking into to see if they still have issues or not.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Updated via launcher and confirmed success in multiplayer with the few servers that have updated.

16. djbob

djbob Registered

Concur :)

17. Uff

Uff Registered

No third party UI, I select the car I want to use and its name also appear in the main menu, but when I load the track I often get the previously selected combination instead of the current one.
    This happened to me both on the old traditional installer, both on my current Steam version.
    Let me know if you need any other specific information.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  18. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

fix problems on the server when someone leaves?

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Thanks for the hard work ISI :)

20. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Many thanks for this latest update ISI :)