rFactor 2 Build 1028 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 11, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Auto update appeared to work flawlessly although I haven't tested thoroughly I was able to perform update automatically and perform a race successfully

2. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Spectate bug is still present when joining servers, sometimes get stuck as spectator, has been like this for many months although I do not see it in the known issues list. In P changing car often works but if it happens in Q your stuffed.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Less/slower visual RealRoad build-up:

1) Is it just me noticing this?
    2) Is it just the visual, or also the actual grip that is commensurately reduced?
    3) Is it a core change, or maybe because I have only been using cars with the latest tire model since upgrading to 1028...and maybe they have more realistic shedding characteristics?

I like it--much more plausible levels of build-up. But of course, without 12 hours of testing every combination, wondering what others experienced.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

I've only had time for one proper session with this latest build and that was on a track which already had a pretty decent groove, but I hope that the rate of rubber build up has been reduced, as you say. Going to run some laps now to see. :)

5. boxer

boxer Registered

I have one request... content install tab can a button be added to launch the old/more advance mod manager...
    Just call it advance mod manager... I miss all the info that's embedded in the mod manager i.e. Author, Date , Description.
    I know we can create a short cut but why not have readily available to the user.
    or change the new GUI to display that info.

Also in the old manager - update to content was bold with "Update Available" text beside it ... easily spotted... appear like a full complete mod.

6. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

where do i put my plugins ??

7. boxer

boxer Registered

...\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins
    ...\rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins
    you should read the read me file for that specific plugin AND refer to the instruction in that thread.
    some come with the directory structure in place... so may just need to extract to the main "\rFactor2\" install folder some not.

Which are you trying to install?

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Tim, just realised that my dash is not working anymore with latest build, most probably because the Internals Plugin has changed. Has the latest Internals Plugin been uploaded or at least the new header specified please?

Though the strange thing is that its crashing in the telemetry section and not score, so maybe its an unrelated issue...

Thanks

Edit: never mind, there was a conflict with 2 plugin versions I made

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Agree. Visual for sure actual grip dunno. Don't feel much difference with the way it was before.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Reporting that the rejoin function is working well and without laps penalty joining in with fresh car. :)

Thanks ISI!

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What do you mean by fresh car? The car should be in the same state in which it was left before disconnecting. Tire wear, damage and fuel load.

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Rejoin can be toggled to

0 -disabled
    1 - rejoin with fresh car
    2 - rejoin with same state car

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Oh ok, so your game was set for that scenario.

14. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Some servers are set up so that people can leave the server due to damage etc. and rejoin and start at the end of the last completed lap. I think he means that this is not possible anymore, even though the settings are set as the same.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Both are possible, I didn't think he had it set that way. We tested extensively and it works, I had this unfortunate event on Sunday where my rF2 got disconnected (I was in p2 with a few minutes left, taking time from 1st) and eventually rejoined with the same wear, etc.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can someone explain that Silverstone v1.00 in launcher

There is no thread I can find............

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

No idea, maybe someone reuploaded something. Notice the lack of underscore usage and lack of capitalization, that indicates someone not as experienced with these things.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well the map is ISI GT Layout but named v1.00, super confusing especially not a thread in sight.

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Does pressing esc to be out of the race works? Or need to crtl alt del to end rf2?

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ctrl+alt+del, alt+tab, unplug your cable, turn off computer. Anything but press esc.