rFactor 2 Build 1028 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Tony

Tony Registered

Just updated using the "Check for updates" function in the launcher, & all went well - no hiccups

Ran a quick test race with URD's T5 cars at Hockenheim, and at a cursory glance all was good.

I run without any addon HUD's, but do have a fair amount of third-party cars & tracks

(& not putting this up just to sound pleased with myself - but for the devs to see :))

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Download it from our downloads page and install it. Must have been uninstalled accidentally. Or you can install lite over the top.

4. 88mphTim

Whatever location you had setup wasn't readable/writeable for mods.

5. 88mphTim

Sounds to be like you deleted one of our files.

6. 88mphTim

The mirror doesn't work either??

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many thanks for the update ISI, due to the impending Steam install I shall do a Fresh install later but for the record the Auto-Update worked flawlessly.

A couple of questions and thoughts on the following:

Any specific reason? seems an odd thing to change if not :p

It's the little things like this that make a great game greater (as per my thread on the Main Forum!), lots of little tidy up areas could be done so its good to see a start, just hope there's more to come :)

This is quite massive! Having heard from ISI in the past that storing full Tire Data is near impossible due to "50meg a second" required I'm just wondering how much more could be saved in Resume-From-Replay in the future?

Again the little things.

It's back...of sorts! Thanks for the implementation.

Just an FYI but this was working at Mills Inner Loop B in Build 1008, guess it's more of a core code issue that some Tracks/AI have difficulty with.

Thanks Again Team!

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What are the optional sounds and how are they accessed. There is a volume slider for them just dont know what they are or how to use them.

Video stutter when people join server still there also video lag when nearing other cars also still happening.

9. Gupster

Gupster Registered

One click auto-update worked wonderfully, Thanks again ISI !

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks, another auto-update that worked perfectly.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks for the continued hard work.

12. Frostav

Frostav Registered

Has anyone tested the Oval AI yet? Are they improved from before? Because they were kind of...all over the place when the Stock Cars were first released.

13. nipzon

nipzon Registered

To how many people does this still happen? I did an endurance race and all went smooth until I approached a back marker which resulted in serious lag.

14. Justy

Justy Registered

It wouldn't at the time for some strange reason. I guess it was something to do with my ISP, as I downloaded the lite installer using my phones 4G connection, copied it over to my pc and now everything is fine. Not sure what the problem was, as I don't normally have any problems with mediafire these days, but i have done in the past with my old ISP.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

15. Frostav

Frostav Registered

I eventually got to test this out myself and they appear to be...half-fixed.

At 90 Strength/30 Aggression they didn't seem much different than before. They arranged into one solid line and then hugged the apron at Mountain Peak Speedway. it was still really easy to just shoot up past them on the outside line--even when there were marbles on the track (speaking of marbles don't seem to do much...). At 100 Strength/100 Aggression, they were much faster, however, and were a pretty tough fight; but they still are a little prone to slowing down too much and letting you shoot past them on the outside. I wish the AI was a little more prone to wrecking too, there wasn't a single caution.

Really wish we had some physical damage modelling like in Rf1 (most of the Rf1 NASCAR mods are nearly undriveable, they spin out WAY too easily). It just ain't NASCAR without mangled metal!

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Stockcar oval AI are still... bad.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Try the TPA ovals. Still too many AI pileups and they (AI) don't know what to do afterwards.

19. Frostav

Frostav Registered

I'll give those a go. It's not the same without the mangled and bent aftermath that Rf1 one had. I used to load up the Stock Cars that came with Rf1 years ago and then turn around and cause huge wrecks just for fun. Now that was a great way to kick back and relax when my day had been awful. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I kinda want to do that again in Rf2 XP

But even in serious races, I'd like to see my car actually get dented and banged up. In the two Oval Races I tested the new AI with I scraped the wall a few times (I'm not the best driver) and banged into the rear bumper of a few cars. Seeing my car all pristine after that is...weird.

20. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

fixed with a clean Lite install, auto-update didn't work well for me this time :)