rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roadster

Roadster Registered

Drifting in Formula Two!! ;)

From the same practice session at Sebring.
    After braking too late and hard the backside came around fast. I managed to catch it with full opposite lock and keeping low rpm trying to get the grip back and speed going. BA Baracus style!! :p

Trackview

Cockpit

A-Team Slowmotion & other trackview

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  2. Roadster

Roadster Registered

ah, I could imagine it would do a lot of damage if turned on. Thanks for the confirmation :)

I'm confident they will do something about this, although I'm not sure if it's a sweet spot or if it happens only ones in a while.
    I didn't knew about it and it got me almost jumping my seat when it happened :eek:

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Niiice catch!

:cool:

:)

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`m sure something will be done about it, either by ISI or VLM.

I know... I jumped quite a bit when it happened to me too lol... :D

:eek:

5. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Here is an F1 eye level shot, this was filmed with a GoPro camera mounted on the visor covering one eye so likely the closest anyone has ever had to a true eye level video. He wasn't driving flat out maybe due to lack of visibility ;) but it gives a great point of view I think and something to look into for the helmet view.

Here is what Luca Di Grassi said about the camera position

6. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Lol I think its about time someone made a new version of that track as that dodgy old conversion of mine looks pretty ugly these days ;)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Still too high and downward looking. The top of the steering wheel should be just under the centre of the screen for an accurate view.

Matin Brundle himself said last week you can barley see in front of you, you have to sort of look on either side of the nose rather than directly in front of you.

Apart from what martin brundle said, this is what Nico Rosberg had to say about his seat position and how he cant see crap in front of him lol

0:44 - 0:55 secs

"Its always difficult sometimes to see where you are going because you're sitting so low in the car. So very often I even have to lean upwards a little bit with my head, to see the corner or something depending on where I am on the track."

1:38 - 2:05

"Its also a very very small area, like im looking JUST above the steering wheel"..."Then also there is the display right here, which is JUST below where I look to see where I am going."

Basically the wheel is in his face, just a tad (literally a tad) lower so that the display/rpm lights are JUST under his vertical centre of view point. Also, its a straight on view point, not these heightened and downward angled views we get in every game it seems (including the real sims).

- This isnt too bad in terms of height, needs to be less angled down and more straight on to the horizon looking and then dropped a bit lower, but its definetely in the "pretty realistic" region

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

See eyes high in Nico Rosberg video at 2:16... I don't know how he can drive! :D

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, like Martin Brundle said during the Singapore race, the drivers sort of look to either side of the nose, not straight ahead, because you are too low, so if you look straight ahead you will have to look very very much further into the distance, so looking on either side of the nose helps a little.

10. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Here is a Lap of Mid Ohio no chicane in the F2 1:10.417 with chicane its around a second slower.

At the bottom is the motec data too

1 person likes this.
  11. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice lap... :)

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i found this:

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats...uumm...odd!

15. argo0

argo0 Registered

View attachment 4126

This is what I see in my Formula Two cockpit. My eyes are level with the small windshield and about an inch above my G27. When I turn the wheel past 45 degrees, my hand blocks my view and is higher than the windshield. FOV of 30 on a 32" Sony.
    Keep banging on about it Spinelli, I'm enjoying my modern open wheelers more since I followed your advice.
    And sorry for the off topic.

16. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

In this video I'm driving in a league race. In Estoril... I started 11th and finished 4th, very good race to me that day :D I'm testing how to do videos with vegas in good quality, but I think I failed today, I don't know how to configure It to get high quality at 720p. I only get a very compressed video :S not much clean.

I hope you enjoy, for me was great, epic defence betwen laps 27-31 against black and red car. Next will be a more elaborated video ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

it was a pleasure to watch this video, Esteve

18. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I agree with Hagen, very nice Esteve good driving and some nice racing there I like it.

19. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

That's an old version because the actual version looks like this :
    [​IMG]
    I saw them irl (amongst megane trophy/clio cup and fr3.5) and they looks pretty awesome.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Thanks!!! Im glad I helped increase your enjyment of RF2 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.