rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

question.
    Do you have inertia in physics? Interacting with objects? Or just 4 tires on the road? why the building is no pressure on the suspension? does not feel the weight of the car ... On what basis do a physical drive? The inertia of the four tires, or contact with the asphalt? All scripted or is there a real calculation of the motion of physical bodies in space and their interaction with respect to others

for example ... is seen as the weight of the car pushes on the suspension, the inertia of the felt.

2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

3. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

RFactor 2 falls flat on its face when it comes down to that. Lets hope its fixed!

4. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

DmitryRUS, How do you explain the compressive effect on the old F1 (0:57s) ?

Edit :

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
  5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Do not know how you reply to unruly children. It is best to ignore them. Now it seems everyone knows more than ISI, and anyone can take lessons from what has no idea

6. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

No microdynamics. everything looks like a flying brick. I know that the soft suspension from the old F1, but it does not look as scripted. inertia and gravity do not feel .. :(

the video was Iracing intersection of polygons (not physics), but objects to work properly. The machine was flying on the interaction of objects. And the flight path was over all the physical properties of that work, it did not change the flight trajectory of the body

7. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

In video you can see the inertia and gravity, how you can say that you do not feel it ??

I don't understand your argument about "scripted", you want scripted effect ?

A brick, you can see one on my video of I-Racing :p (A brick of rubber)

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

End of argument

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Btw the fidelity of the suspension travel and all round behaviour of the cars in that LFS video is amazing. I hope rF2 can get to that level of fidelity. Really impressive considering it's age. So while i t6hink the guy made a fool of himself with comparing iRacing which is even worse than rF2 right now with crash physics. I also think he made some good points. Tyre deformation for me does seem scripted and overdone at times right at this stage of development. I hope the fidelity is turned up further in newer builds.

10. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Hehe. That is something that has happened since NASCAR Racing 2.

11. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Quote from Youtube:

ROFL

12. JvM

JvM Registered

LSF vid looked good for its age indeed. Sure iR has had and still has many bugs im sure.. But the car movement in iR on the slowmos just looks very very good and believable.

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Yep iRacing looks superb in terms of car behaviour. I still use iRacing from time to time was racing it last week but while it looks great in terms of slomotion behaviour. Physics wise and FFB for me at least just lacks so much that it just never keeps me hooked. I race it purely now for the online side. rFactor2 right now is still too polluted with crazy people who think a race is won at T1, so i just can't race it. Tried a few weeks back, went on a Croft server and every race i was wiped out. But crash physics is what the OP used against rF2 in his video and iRacing is even worse.

iRacing for me visually at least in terms of behaviour is up with GT5 on the PS3

14. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Why the heck can I not post videos?!

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

OMG not expecting that at all totally blew up laughing

16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

just crossed polygons, and so badly the car was thrown, but when she was jumping on the surface, rabotli all the physical properties and graphitization of inertia ...
    a shot of this, just a glitch own 3D models at the wrong time and wrong place, this moment is in all games, just where that touch works best and where it worse ... but the physics of the face, heavy object tumbling ...

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I would not use the R replay function, and instead use the replay console from the monitor, if you want to see things actually hooked up.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your first post cannot contain a link without it being thrown for approval. When I approve it, it will be here.

19. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

why things have to be necessarily connected?
    Can you explain the original principles on which physical works engine? Inertia of the object, or just four-wheel traction. Aerodynamics works in real time or on a scripted data?.
    Just when moving a haystack in the spa, they weigh in the air. I agree, you have all the physical parameters are taken into account, but the principle of cooperation, free flights, etc. I was not clear, do not see the rendering in real time.
    I know that you will not alter the principle of physics, but fully explain the current situation ... Where do the calculations of physics.
    In this video, it seems to me more physical properties ...

I'm not complaining at you, I just want a project that would beat all competitors.

20. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I have never seen or heard of this! Is this an engine or a sim? It looks mindblowing! Must find out more

EDIT: The shot at 2:01 is mindblowing! It seems it's an engine and not a sim, shame but would like to see what is capable with that engine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.