rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

That looks really bad, graphics wise. Without shadows cars looks like floating.
    But I guess you turned that off with 22 cars.

2. Nemti

Nemti Registered

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense. Trouble with graphics... trouble with effects, trouble with the principle of physics... rF2 doesn't rescue. RealRoad - nonsense.
    Second decade of the twenty first eyelid... rF2 very big nonsense. Simply - trouble.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Read in colors!

5. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I do not understand what you mean. I suppose it's the google translator :confused:.
    It is true that those last videos look horrible, without trying to offend

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Yes, those last couple of videos do this game no favours at all. It's like taking a trip back to 2005.

Hopefully the upcoming Silverstone Circuit will showcase what rF2 will *really* look like.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

at DimitryRUS:
    Nonsense is what you write!
    (completely nonsense!)
    You are annoying.
    Only thing that helps:
    Play something else.

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

+1

Right now you have to have a demon of a pc to run it maxed out. I don't have it but it doesn't bother me. I just lowered my graphics settings to get consistant fps and I'm very pleased with the physics which is the most important thing for me. That's why I still play RBR even though games for smartphones have better graphics (hell it would even run on some of them ;) ) I agree that what Dimitry says is just a rant. Rant. Rant. Rant.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  9. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I don't want, to offend you. Simply after great rF1, rF2 looks not beautifully. Big array of problems.
    I speak loudly, and is sharp what to motivate.

10. Rik

Rik Registered

[​IMG]

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

My Pc is 7 years old and I can run the game quite well, I did this video just with fraps and movie maker, no special software to enhance things and this is on a converted track, not scratch built or ISI, I fail to see where rF2 looks dated, It is light years ahead of rF1 and the Simbin titles from a few years back, Yes lots of things need work and optimization, But no way can I accept comments that the graphics look dated.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Dimitry...

The thing is, we all know that rf2 has many things to sort up... the graphics, the colours, the rain spray, the ffb of some cars... many things as I`ve said.

rf2 is a WIP... these things will get fixed up so there`s no point in complaining about the same things with every new build.

Rf2 will be beautiful and the best race sim out there with time. :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

14. pas74

pas74 Registered

+111111!

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I would agree with you, but ISI have to hurry up! it's almost 2 years now...

16. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

rF2 isn't WIP - it is on ongoing-development and this is a significant different.
    And as long as the things don't getting better, the people still have the rights to complain about the product which they paid for.

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Too loudly, too "wrongly" and too often mate! :cool:

As for that bloke "nemti" who has posted videos with no shadows, no reflections lo-resolution etc.. what is your PC specs and what settings are you running the game at?

18. Domi

Domi Registered

Well, your video basically shows the same things you can achieve with rF1, just adding realtime reflections to the car. The rest is the same. Oh well, and as usual the colours/lighting are way off with the HDR, red for example is awful on that video.

Your video doesn't look "light years ahead" of this, for example. No way.

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The point I am trying to make is the Video I posted is not some professionally made edit, it is a simple fraps recording on a SEVEN year old computer. I agree rF1 can look brilliant, at the same time rF2 can look appalling with some converted tracks, but it can also look stunning with a good HDR profile, the right time of day, the right weather settings etc. I run in a race 07 league and I know which game graphics look better on my computer and which one I prefer to drive. To say rF2 looks like the older titles is simply not true (on my system) if its set up decently. Great video by the way :D

20. tjc

tjc Registered

WIP or ongoing development, there`s no point in banging on about the problems we all know rf2 has at present, with every new build that comes along.

We all know how Dimitry and various others feel about things. His point(s) have been made several times...

To bring up the same stuff after each new build just starts to sound like whinging tbh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.