rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

On the contrary @peterchen I agree with some of what he said, but his attitude in his post reeks of someone who is frustrated and what I do when I get like that is to drop the game and play something else (happens all the time with Elite!). Therefore I was advising him to do the same, sometimes it works to have a break and come back later on.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's what you assume. Once again, you miss the point of what I wrote. That the game didn't sell well during the discount - and we don't know how accurate Steamspy is after all - has nothing to do with how well the DLC sold. That's two different things. In theory if 75% of the people allready owning rF2 bought just the McLaren for five bucks they would make allmost the same amount of money as with selling the game to 10000 more owners. They went the safe approach wich is understandable and tried to cater towards the people allready owning the game. That shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend and it is actually what I would have done. Taking big risks at this stage with no funding at the current state of the game would be suizide and I hope that you will understand this aswell. It seems, some people here would rather see S397 go all in at the risk of no further development to potentialy gain a few more owners that might or might not buy the game. I mean, seriously?

How you imagined rF2 after 4 months of DX11 beta testing is your own problem tbh. I feel sorry for you that it doesn't suit you as you expected it, but it's quite delussional to expect a game to make huge exceptional steps in such a short time when your plans are as ambitious as they are right now for rF2. Game development takes a big amount of time and a year is over faster than you think :)

Kelju_K and MarcG like this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Where have I stayed my opionion is fact,like that guy calling dx11 a complete failure,maybe I just call people out when they act like a child,he wants all this work doing to this sim in no time at all free of cost.
    He said that I've just repeated it.
    Attitude is everything but there's only so long before people will call you out because it's just ranting

Oh if he was paying $110 a year for a subscription and $15 for cars and tracks and the Dev team had been the soul Dev team for ten years,I'd be agreeing with him,but the fact is,the exact opposite is true

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Alex72 likes this.
  5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hopefully 75% of rF2 owners would have bought the DLC, but I doubt very much that 10% of rF2 owners have bought the DLC and that being generous. That seems to me a fairly low number, but right now it is expected.

Continuing his theory ... If 10% of the owners have bought the DLC (€ 5), only 1,700 people would have had to buy the game to earn more money. Taking into account that there are 450,000 potential purchasers of rF2 (difference of copies sold between rF2 and AC) convince only 0.3% seems to me to be easy to assume, and even more so when rF2 is now hosting one of the most important and relevant competitions That have never been done in the Sim-Racing.

I do not know how many people will have stopped buying rF2 to participate in the competition due to the launch of the car as payment content, but I would bet there are more than those few 1700.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

While watching the YouTube livestream from Silverstone, I don't think I saw more than about 500 people viewing. Today, one day after the after the first round, over 13k people have viewed the video!

Median lap time is 1:38.11 for 503 entrants .
    • From 1:37 to 1:39, there are 128 people (25.4% of total).
    • The large quantity of people (82, 16.3% of total) well below the median in the 1:36s, continue to dominate the distribution.
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need to be below 1:35.34.
    • 29 people are in the 1:34s (5.8% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:34.39 to 1:34.79.
    • 8 of previous top 20 have posted times in this round.
    upload_2017-8-14_21-28-58.png

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Tackset, Ari Antero and Michael Borda like this.
  7. patchedupdemon

That's really good numbers,even the 500 is way more than what a top level iracing video gets live,so 13k wow,that's a very good sign

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    bwana likes this.
  8. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I have all dude.

[​IMG]

Guimengo, xGerhardsax and Ho3n3r like this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

So you are going to tell me, that it is easier to sell a product that is only interesting for a niche and additionaly in beta state compared to selling a DLC with commonly popular cars to an audience that is allready relatively pleased with the product itself? You either seem to be very optimistic or haven't understood that S397 needs to sell something to fund further development. I am also not really sure if rF2 and AC target the same audience. They are both simulators but very different products at the end of the day. And like it or not - people don't care for these days if you have the most feature complete sim. They want Porsches, Ferraris, laserscanned tracks and a visual pleasing experience. That's half the bill these days ...

Kelju_K and kantenflimmern like this.
  10. xGerhardsax

xGerhardsax Registered

Guys...is this really the thread for this? Seems like we have gone waaaaay off topic here

Obbzy_XR_, CamiloNino, Emery and 4 others like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

It takes a while till Youtube counts the unique views, etc. During the broadast the max I saw was around 800 people in Youtube and 1100 in Facebook live

12. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Yes, although I am not the one who says it, own users are saying it. That only 10/20% of the people who play daily to rF2 have bought the DLC is very disappointing.

I think you are the one who is not understanding. If S397 wants to finance itself by selling DLC it needs to sell many DLCs and this is not possible right now. Number of players is very low and to top it all, the vast majority of us are not buying the DLC. This is impossible to finance. Priority should be to increase the player base and these players want to buy the DLC.

For me the target audience is exactly the same. Lovers of cars looking for a realistic driving. The vast majority of rF2 users have a copy of AC in their Steam libraries, but very few AC users have a copy of rF2 although much of them agree that rF2 was a better simulator. The reasons are very simple and have nothing to do with the lack of licenses, or the tracks scanned, that are only added, problems of rF2 have more to do with graphics, performance, loading times, configuration, online, usability ....

Nuno Lourenço likes this.
  13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Sorry, meaningless discussion ..... one more time. Nothing more to add on my part on this topic.

14. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Finally saw the race. Good, professional production.
    Found it pretty entertaining! rFactor2 stood in a good light.
    Although I still didn´t understood how this works out with all the other options (games)! lol
    Info about this whole content is hard to find and seems incomplete/fragmented. A pitty....

15. bwana

bwana Registered

150k views now

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. Emery

Emery Registered

More people, more practice, better distribution curve.

Median lap time is 1:38.03 for 569 entrants .
    • From 1:37 to 1:39, there are 171 people (30.1% of total).
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need to be below 1:35.23.
    • 37 people are in the 1:34s (5.8% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:34.28 to 1:34.62.
    upload_2017-8-15_19-53-23.png

patchedupdemon, Ari Antero and bwana like this.
  17. patchedupdemon

Off topic but wow,guy posted a video of intentional wreckers on iracing and that's the reason why he's quitting,I gave him my option on rf2 and told him to check out the wfg round one video,I've had one private message telling me to go play in traffic,got verbal abuse by fanboys on the forum,on how they are counting days till my sub runs out,etc.
    You can say anything to anyone over thei,it's toxic.
    Oh well was worth it to help spread the word that rf2 is gaining momentum with this new Dev team lol
    I guess I can talk as I've done similar here,bare with me,I picked up a few bad habit from that toxic forum

18. demerzel

demerzel Registered

[​IMG]

Guimengo likes this.
  19. patchedupdemon

troll confirmed,how sad you spend time searching other people's gaming life,rf2 is for me,the rest for my son,let's just negate the near £700 spent on iracing and £3k on sim gear.
    Seriously,get a life instead of trolling the forums,either you are a child,or an elderly man who's going through old age where the mentality reverts back to a child's.
    Winters coming I feel for you,heating costs money and it's not fair that you should have to pay to run the heating after having already bought the boiler and rads etc
    if you have something to say start a new thread,leave this to stay on topic

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Early report tonight as I'm packing to go camping in the morning. No more reports from me for a few days. Sadly, the older I get, the harder I have to work at hotlaps and this old man didn't quite make it into the 1:36s :oops:

Median lap time is 1:37.93 for 606 entrants .
    • From 1:37 to 1:39, there are 177 people (29.2% of total).
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you still need to be below 1:35.23 (no change from yesterday).
    • 43 people are in the 1:34s (7.1% of total), so the fastest are getting faster.
    • Top 20 are 1:34.26 to 1:34.49.
    upload_2017-8-16_18-44-51.png

Magus and MarcG like this.